Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371747 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] Mayday's DFG - "suck it up and MINE THOSE BATS!"
« Reply #765 on: December 10, 2010, 11:24:25 pm »

I just have little squares representing the male/female when i'm on the embark screen of the animals.  any clue why?

Ok so i just got the mayday version from DFFD,  that fixed it; the one from the main site though was broke for me.

SOOOO is there a way to make the tileset less brown, everything is shaded brown instead of black. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:07:34 am by Smackinjuice »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 11, 2010, 05:14:04 am »

SOOOO is there a way to make the tileset less brown, everything is shaded brown instead of black.
You should have posted this in the Photoshop/GIMP forum.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #767 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:54 pm »

Yo, just getting into DF and I'm loving it.  Mayday, your graphics are brilliant.  I was coping fine with the game before but these small (huge) changes to make a more understandable game are excellent.  FFVI style graphics were the best for me ^^

Anyway I had some questions and quarms.  Certain objects simply don't show up.  You know what they are so I don't need to go into that.  My question is will those be fixed?

Is there anywhere I can get to understanding your current systems workings on quality levels?  I have to examine each item because I don't know what your symbols mean, especially when some just don't show up as they're square boxes.  (I just tried to write a square box but deleted several sentences in my confusion)

The other quarm is the lack of Gender display on the units at initial embark and during the game (the female one works but the male one looks like a bag of sorts).

Lastly, I looked on your website for a forum.  Is this what you use instead?
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #768 on: December 14, 2010, 05:10:45 pm »

Uhhhhm, yeah, I don't have my own forum. Yet. Maybe when I finally start my comic project?
As for your questions- it appears that the truetype font is causing more troubles than it fixes, so just disable it for now and I'll disable it in the next version.
I'm still trying to find a way to prevent those invisible objects.
<3

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #769 on: December 14, 2010, 05:15:26 pm »

Ok I'll give that a go.  I just tried playing vanilla and whilst I'm able to cope a lot better than when I first started (the graphics helps newbs no end...) I just needed colour back in my life.

Much appretiated, squire ^^
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 17, 2010, 03:16:28 pm »

I think this thread works well enough right now for you, Trust me trying to run your own forum is a horatious undertaking.

By the by I wanted to ask something that I wasn't sure had been fixed or changed.  When a Dwarf becomes a champion, is there still a generic "Champion" icon like before? Or if, say its a Champion hammer dwarf, do they have a Hammer on them now?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 17, 2010, 03:48:57 pm »

I think this thread works well enough right now for you, Trust me trying to run your own forum is a horatious undertaking.

By the by I wanted to ask something that I wasn't sure had been fixed or changed.  When a Dwarf becomes a champion, is there still a generic "Champion" icon like before? Or if, say its a Champion hammer dwarf, do they have a Hammer on them now?

I get HammerLord / AxeLord graphics... they're all in full-plate with a golden weapon, it looks like.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 17, 2010, 06:33:14 pm »

Is everyone getting the brown highlights with the font?  also anything that use to be black background/ or was just dark is coming off brown now. it's always been like this for every version but it's startin to annoy me; anyway to make to go back to normal? otherwise i'll get a screenshot

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #773 on: December 17, 2010, 10:23:07 pm »

Is everyone getting the brown highlights with the font?  also anything that use to be black background/ or was just dark is coming off brown now. it's always been like this for every version but it's startin to annoy me; anyway to make to go back to normal? otherwise i'll get a screenshot

you can correct this behaviour by changing the value of DARK_GRAY (or was it LIGHT_GRAY?) in colors.txt to a more darkish RGB value
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 30, 2010, 07:09:34 am »

I'm a long-time appreciator of this mod (I first learned dwarf fortress with DFG), and I have a question that I've been wondering about for some time:  What DO quarry bushes look like?  If there weren't that glitch which makes them appear as black squares, what would we see?  Would it just look like the bushes outdoors?  Also, are quarry-bushes the only plant which has this bug?  If so, then I guess things are mostly ok since they have a unique if unconventional graphic for them.

Do other graphics mods also fail to display quarry-bushes?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 30, 2010, 07:48:26 am »

what the mod use to display quarry bush is well defined in the raw which point to a position in its art set. From my personal experience messing around with PH and IH, they both have proper quarry bush displays. Mayday... Idk. Its artset look similar to that of PH but optimized for vermins instead of stones so I just kinda use phoebus artset whenever possible since there's no vermins in my mod.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 31, 2010, 01:07:28 am »

So are those Linux version up to date or not? I can struggle along without DT, but this tileset it required...
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Gzalzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Whisper Game Studios
« Reply #777 on: January 02, 2011, 10:15:37 am »

Is there anything in this tileset to warrant the whole game download, or is it just to make it easy for new players who wouldn't know how to change graphics? Someone over at the wiki said this version wasn't vanilla with graphics, but contained some other modifications. Just wanted to get some clarification on this.

UV_Catastrophe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »

I'm having an issue where exceptional-quality and masterful-quality items both have the same quality icon (a small rectangle). I assume the icons just aren't displaying properly for some reason. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

A cursory Google search reveals that other people have had the same problem but didn't reveal any solutions.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 05, 2011, 12:32:05 am »

You have 2 options for this, one is to find/make a good font which has proper character for those symbols (so far none has surfaced) Second option is to turn off true type support which'd cause wierd words everywhere but at least the symbols will be different.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78