Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371792 times)

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.16] Mayday's DFG - a.k.a. the "Mayday is a slacking asshole" project
« Reply #690 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:08 am »

no, it looks like Mike has to go through and change the raw entry for every creature type, so it will look for the new graphics (rather than just printing 'c' or something).

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 16, 2010, 05:08:26 pm »

Just give him a few hours and he'll have the newest version up. He's here and he's working on it, so be patient.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #692 on: November 16, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »

Hokey cokey.. Some of you might remember that I was a failure at changing the raws last time, this time I actually used a diff/merge tool, so I am *hoping* that this is right.#
One thing to note right off the bat - there appeared to be a crapton of unicode chars in the new language raws - I don't know if this is intended by Toady, so I left them. Mostly vowels.

Here is 0.31.18 for LINUX updated for Mayday Graphics:
Code: [Select]
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3425
And here is 0.31.18 for Windows, also with Mayday Graphics:
Code: [Select]
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3426
Also, gazj - I see no mention of replacing tile-values in your shell script - if you could add that though (Or I can have a go at some point), your script would be perfect.
[Dwarf Fortress with Mayday Tileset]
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.
My ICQ is spam-bait. I name them all

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #693 on: November 16, 2010, 06:29:38 pm »

.18 is out! Is there any easy way to merge vanilla with mayday's graphics? I heard that the default method will touch the raws, that could have been changed from .16.
yeah, this neat diff tool here worked again: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #694 on: November 16, 2010, 07:23:42 pm »

.18 is out! Is there any easy way to merge vanilla with mayday's graphics? I heard that the default method will touch the raws, that could have been changed from .16.
yeah, this neat diff tool here worked again: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

just in case kaolbrec's package doesn't work too well, or you dont want to use binaries from an untrusted source, i added some information to the readme how you can create a redistributable DFG package easily.
and without the need to redistribute binaries. which makes the package multiplatform and slim (700KB)
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #695 on: November 17, 2010, 05:39:21 am »

just in case kaolbrec's package doesn't work too well, or you dont want to use binaries from an untrusted source, i added some information to the readme how you can create a redistributable DFG package easily.
and without the need to redistribute binaries. which makes the package multiplatform and slim (700KB)

Your concern for security is impressive, but I hardly think someone who didn't know what a diff-tool was a month or so ago (me) could reverse engineer the binaries and add malicious code (and if I just replaced them, it'd be a bit obvious).
Mike Mayday is a little slow at releasing new versions with his tileset - he poured enough awesome into the tileset in the first place though, so I can't hold it against him. In the meantime, I'll try to update it to each new version. Check the above link for new releases, and leave complaints in the Mayday thread, or on the dffd files themselves.

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #696 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:35 am »

Your concern for security is impressive, but I hardly think someone who didn't know what a diff-tool was a month or so ago (me) could reverse engineer the binaries and add malicious code (and if I just replaced them, it'd be a bit obvious).
that's actually pretty easy, you can profile the exe about unused code and place the payload there, or in some data section. than you place a jump in the startup code and jump back after your payload gets executed. i know how to do this since 15 years, and it still works the same.

btw: you should really make your packs with my tool, it also fixes accents for you.
it basically generates a 100% clean mayday like distributed by mike, by running one shell command. you should really take advantage of that.

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #697 on: November 17, 2010, 07:04:21 am »

that's actually pretty easy, you can profile the exe about unused code and place the payload there, or in some data section. than you place a jump in the startup code and jump back after your payload gets executed. i know how to do this since 15 years, and it still works the same.

btw: you should really make your packs with my tool, it also fixes accents for you.
it basically generates a 100% clean mayday like distributed by mike, by running one shell command. you should really take advantage of that.

I wouldn't even know where to start with this "profiling" thing. So it's easy for you, not for me :P

By accents you mean the unicode chars? Don't we want them in names? For.. exoticness? :D (Other than the "levers and crap in names" side-effect).

I will have a look at this tool you speak of though.

EDIT: Would I be right in saying that your .diff file only works if the line numbers don't change? (They have this time - creature tiles are not all on the same lines due to new lines being added).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:08:36 am by kaolbrec »

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #698 on: November 17, 2010, 08:31:07 am »

By accents you mean the unicode chars? Don't we want them in names? For.. exoticness? :D (Other than the "levers and crap in names" side-effect).
yeah, actually they're stripped in the original DFG as well, afair
EDIT: Would I be right in saying that your .diff file only works if the line numbers don't change? (They have this time - creature tiles are not all on the same lines due to new lines being added).
nope, i created a context diff (diff -c) with one line of context above and below the actual line (diff -C1). it happens that this is a very suiting setting for the kind of configuration file DF uses. if the line number changes, the context is still sufficient to find the actual line of code. if the script tells you that diffing suceeded, you can be 99.9% sure that everything's alright. you can see from my commits that i didn't change the diff a single time from .14-.18, although some lines have been added/changed in the raws.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:36:32 am by anallyst »

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #699 on: November 17, 2010, 08:43:18 am »

That's pretty cool. Removing the accented characters is as simple as replacing the default lang files with the mayday ones, so anyone who is unhappy can either put up with it or change it easily.

I guess I should check for differences between my raws and yours, before someone comes complaining.

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #700 on: November 17, 2010, 11:05:24 am »

That's pretty cool. Removing the accented characters is as simple as replacing the default lang files with the mayday ones, so anyone who is unhappy can either put up with it or change it easily.
i wouldn't recommend this, since the language files get updated eventually (they were i.e. updated from .12 to .14)
my script calls a perl script named charfix.pl, which does it for you (it simply replaces characters like ö with o, ü with u and so on)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:09:34 am by anallyst »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 18, 2010, 10:21:38 am »

Are there any Mayday packs for Windows AND with the fixed accent chars AND version .18? Thanks.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

kaolbrec

• Bay Watcher
  • Cavern? What Cavern?
    • View Profile
    • inarayi
« Reply #702 on: November 18, 2010, 12:27:24 pm »

Are there any Mayday packs for Windows AND with the fixed accent chars AND version .18? Thanks.
I'd fix it, but I'm in windows right now, which for some reason doesn't seem to want to even display the unicode chars in notepad++, so not for a few hours. No doubt anallyst will advocate the use of charfix.pl again, but I'm gonna pull an excuse out of my ass and say I don't trust code I can't understand :P Plus I can't see where you give it the file names anyhow, and if that's done in the main .sh file, I can't run that in windows and I'm not installing cygwin just to do so. I'll reboot later and then sort it out.

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #703 on: November 18, 2010, 02:28:47 pm »

here you go https://github.com/downloads/rofl0r/df-mayday/dfg_18.zip

just unzip into your DF .18 dir

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #704 on: November 18, 2010, 03:28:47 pm »

doesn't seem to want to even display the unicode chars
they're encoded in hex, at the beginning of the .pl file
I can't see where you give it the file names anyhow
thats done by apply-charpatch.sh
I'm not installing cygwin
you're missing a big WIN then. a complete unix env. on windows. it rocks.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 78