Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371940 times)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile

A few underground shurbs are blank/black tiles. I dunno what ones, but I'll get back with a screenshot/info.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Alle the tiles in the raws are now set correctly (at least the plant ones), I've doublechecked this. I think this is a DF bug of sorts...
<3

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, used to play with this set on 40d and loved it. This 2010 version is even more awesomer and prettier. But also slower. Not gamebreaking, but noticeably slower than the older versions.
Any hints/tips for how to speed things up? Or maybe its just the last DF version that's gotten a little more demanding?
(Never thought a goddamned rouguelike would punish my wallet with demands for new hardware. :o)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hey, used to play with this set on 40d and loved it. This 2010 version is even more awesomer and prettier. But also slower. Not gamebreaking, but noticeably slower than the older versions.
Any hints/tips for how to speed things up? Or maybe its just the last DF version that's gotten a little more demanding?
(Never thought a goddamned rouguelike would punish my wallet with demands for new hardware. :o)
I can pretty much guarantee that the slowdown has nothing to do with the tileset.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As it turns out, it doesn't. Fiddled around some in the init, and now its all good.  :D

chironex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

In order to deal with the annoying copying and pasting with the raw folder that you have to do when a new version of DFG comes out, I made this little batch file that goes in the main directory.

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
FOR /D %%b IN (data\save\region*) DO rd /S /Q %%b\raw
PAUSE
FOR /D %%c IN (data\save\region*) DO xcopy raw %%c\raw /E /I
PAUSE

Please help me by testing this! I put the first PAUSE in because when testing it myself, it tripped up when trying to delete one of the raw\graphics folders, and the PAUSE will let you review the operations to make sure all the raw folders get deleted properly.

Oh, and I'm not responsible for any lost saves. Although this shouldn't happen, copy/paste your saves instead of cut/pasting them so you have a backup.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

That's not a good idea because everytime Toady updates the raws, you will be reverting those updates.
<3

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sooo... 31.11?  :-X

chironex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

That's not a good idea because everytime Toady updates the raws, you will be reverting those updates.

Umm...

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:

After you copy your df_31_**/data/save folder to a new version of DFG, do this:
1) delete data/save/region***/raw/ (the whole folder!)
2) copy /raw/ from the main DFG folder into your data/save/region***/ folder

It doesn't replace the data/save/region***/raws with the old raw; it replaces them with the new raw. Isn't that what you said to do?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sooo... 31.11?  :-X

Maybe this evening or tonight, Mikes timezone? (going by his 'local time' in the profile, he's in Europe somewhere.)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Ah, so this just copies /raw/ from the main dir into the save folders? cool, sorry, I was under the impression that it's something else.

I'll try to do an update today, though I'm kinda on holiday :P
<3

MrBaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooookay.
The tutorial will be up soon. Until then, I've uploaded dfg_31_10. Lemme know if there are problems.

EDIT: apart from the gfx problems with gypsum etc. DAMN I need to fix those already  :-[

Does anyone know where the Tutorial is? I wouldn't mind trying to get a copy working so Oh mighty Mayday can enjoy his holiday without worrying about getting this up quickly.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:53:56 am by MrBaker »

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to use the linux/mac conversion guide to try and get it working with the new version. Maybe that is too hopeful though, I don't really know the intricacies of tile set setup.

MrBaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to use the linux/mac conversion guide to try and get it working with the new version. Maybe that is too hopeful though, I don't really know the intricacies of tile set setup.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o96wk4fg7vrazw3 for it. enjoy

It seems to work alright i just got done doing that.. and update Dwarf Therapist to work with the thanks to the work of genveir on http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39229.1545

MrBaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

crap i just notice that i copy over ones that i remove the aquifers in it.. ill fix it and update it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8wue4t0wxh63wi9
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78