Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371966 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hey guys,

So, i pretty new to DF, and I have been looking for a new "skin" or tileset as ya'll call it. I finally found DFG which i think will be really cool. BUT I cant get it to work!

I downloaded the "latest version" from this site: http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php

when i open it it says missing "index" from the data folder. It says it might be corrupt or improperly compressed. any ideas what's wrong/how to fix it?
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error? and providing the link you used?

DeathToGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go Here:

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php

then find this line:

Get the latest version HERE! (v31_08, updated 20 VI 2010)

you click on "HERE"

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I stopped using Mayday's because it modified the raws beyond the graphics, is this still true?

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mayday stated that he currently did not modify raws (I know only about cat-mouth bug from 40d). I also thought that he modified raws, but Mayday explained it.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I can tell the raws are slightly modified to adjust the colors of some things, presumably to make them work better with the highlighted background (this is why gypsum appears to be a completely black square, though in addition to referencing a seemingly blank square in Mayday's art folder). However, I doubt anything is changed gameplay-wise. In 40d stones were also modified so that they can be economically enabled or disabled via the stocks menu, but that is default in DF2010.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an issue with how some of the rocks look. While most of the rock (I'm talking about the rock wall graphics as in undug rock) looks okay, its the metal veins that I have an issue with since they look like colored bats, and I would prefer the old appearance. So how do I change that? I don't have any knowledge of messing around with the graphics files.

In short, I really don't like the way the veins look graphically and would like to change that.

Edit3: Nix my question as I've got it figured out and am tweaking things right now, but my complaint still stands. Thats my only complaint since overall the graphics are really cool.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:44:06 pm by smjjames »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I don't really understand how everyone gets different results when downloading and running the same program. None of my metals look like bats, for example...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really understand how everyone gets different results when downloading and running the same program. None of my metals look like bats, for example...

Its easily fixable though.

Its possible that Mayday later uploaded a version with fixed up metal tiles.

Edit: I checked and yea thats apparently what happened. I'm copying and pasting the newer ones over the old right now.

Edit2: Is Orthoclase suppoused to be a blank square? I'm going to put its tile to the same as microcline. Everything else looks fine otherwise.

Edit3: Fixed that Orthoclase. Also, the gypsum showing up as a blank black square is still there.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:38:38 pm by smjjames »

TheBrushOfTheathers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales From Anethacamade

Don't know if this is intended or not but its quite annoying. Legendary Miners (and possibly other dwarfs) flash with a blue box around them sort of like they are using the highlighted tile only when flashing. This is using Mayday_sans_highlight.png. Wondering if its a bug or intended (though I don't remember it happening before DF2010.)

I have the same issue here: my dorfs flash with a blue box around them. The blueness happens only in full screen mode, while the flashyness happens both in full screen and windowed mode. Below there is a picture for reference:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Gopet Cystpanted the Spurts of Bile was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Confederations of Sheltering. Gopet was most often depicted as a female ant and was associated with muck.

http://talesfromanethacamade.wordpress.com/

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,
Sorry if this is a known issue or considered a non-issue.
But I notice that animals in BUILT cages don't display correctly.
But they display fine in cage stockpiles.
Oddly, vermin are displayed fine in both types of cages.

Here are the animals in cages in a stockpile - from cage traps, from traders, plus some vermin that were moved to cages from animal traps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then here are the animals in my built cages:

Pretty minor, but just thought I would let you know.  I wonder if it's fixable.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yeah, the cage thing happens to me too. I don't know if it is a problem with DF's engine or what. Mike?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,
Sorry if this is a known issue or considered a non-issue.
But I notice that animals in BUILT cages don't display correctly.
But they display fine in cage stockpiles.
Oddly, vermin are displayed fine in both types of cages.

Here are the animals in cages in a stockpile - from cage traps, from traders, plus some vermin that were moved to cages from animal traps:

Then here are the animals in my built cages:

Pretty minor, but just thought I would let you know.  I wonder if it's fixable.

Its been that way for some time I think, since 40D at least, same reason that corpses revert to the default symbols for the creature. It's really something with DF itself I believe.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, considering .09 has a few new RAW files...can we still put the Graphics in like we always have?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the verdict? Does this work with .09 as is for the time being?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

.Greg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If i download it right now, what version of DF am i getting? Im guessing it isnt updated to the version that came out today, but is it updated to the 2nd most recent?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 78