Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 372047 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFG1280a - questions and problems
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2010, 09:18:54 pm »

I'm getting an error. I DL the file, but the only thing in it is the data folder, command line.txt, and compress_bitmaps.bat. What's wrong? Can someone upload their personal file of DFG30 so I can play?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2010, 01:57:39 pm »

Darn, that means I'll need a new monitor to enjoy the 21 pix bliss of DFG.... :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Fluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2010, 02:20:57 pm »

Hi. I'm currently using a 1024X768 moniter( :'(), and I know the site says there's no workaround for the 1280 pixel requirement, but what I can I do to make it look best. I know there'll be no way to make it perfect, but which Init settings will it work best with?

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2010, 06:08:05 pm »

Hi. I'm currently using a 1024X768 moniter( :'(), and I know the site says there's no workaround for the 1280 pixel requirement, but what I can I do to make it look best. I know there'll be no way to make it perfect, but which Init settings will it work best with?

You might try these settings, but it will, of course, look bad (assuming fullscreen):
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1024]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:768]

[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]
and
[FULLGRID:80:60]

Fluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2010, 02:55:26 am »

You might try these settings, but it will, of course, look bad (assuming fullscreen):
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1024]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:768]

[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]
and
[FULLGRID:80:60]

Thanks. It's not perfect, but given how computers generally blend with me, I'm thankful that it works at all.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:58:19 am by Fluff »

Baron von Eptastic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2010, 09:14:08 am »

Hey guys,

First off, I'd like to thank Mayday for some great work!  I've been playing DF for a couple months now, and I just can't play it without your tileset.

Secondly, I have an awful newbie question that I can't quite seem to figure out.  After I installed the latest version of your tileset, the top inch or so of my screen isn't visible.  Its to the point that when I'm on the embark screen, I can't see the first dwarf in the list.  I've tried googling the problem and I've checked your FAQ, but I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. 

Here's a screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's the resolution section from my init.  I play in windowed:

Any ideas would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2010, 09:41:19 am »

Could it have something to do with your odd screen arrangement, with the taskbar on the right?

Have you tried it with the taskbar on the bottom?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2010, 11:34:16 am »

What is your screen resolution?
<3

Baron von Eptastic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2010, 11:44:48 am »

I normally have the taskbar on the bottom of the screen, but I have to move it to the right side when I play df or else I'd miss out on some of the bottom of the window, as well.  Having the taskbar on the bottom doesn't change the problem with the window at all.

I'm using an HDTV as a monitor, and as such the native resolution is a little screwy.  I'm running it at 1360x768. 

However, I've never had this issue before.  There were no problems with 40d when I used your tileset.  And I just confirmed that I don't have this issue when I run df2010 with the default tileset. 

Thanks for the quick responses, guys!

EDIT:  I just realized that my monitor's Y resolution (768) is smaller than the Y resolution that I'm telling df to run at (800).  Would this result in me losing those 32 pixels on the Y axis?  Would your tileset still work okay if I lowered my resolution a bit?  Perhaps to 1280x768? I'll go try...

DOUBLEEDIT:  No dice.  Changed my init to the following:

[WINDOWEDX:1280]
[WINDOWEDY:768]
[FONT:maydayMIN.bmp]

[GRID:80:48]
[FULLGRID:105:65]

and its still having the same issue.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:57:32 am by Baron von Eptastic »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:53 pm »

I've never tried it on a HDTV output. I use a monitor that takes HDMI input and it works fine (once I adjust the default underscan) but never tried it with a TV. Might be something odd with the way windows displays on a TV

Baron von Eptastic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2010, 12:32:51 pm »

forsaken:  Its only with the mayday tileset, using DF2010 that this problem occurs. 

If I run DF2010 with the default tileset, I don't have this issue.  Or if I run 40d with the mayday tileset, there are no issues.

And just for laughs, I'll post my entire init file, just in case I'm missing something:

Again, thanks for the help everyone!  I appreciate it.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2010, 12:36:32 pm »

The settings you need to edit are
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:800]

Since (I assume) you play with gfx on, right? :D
<3

Baron von Eptastic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2010, 12:37:46 pm »

That did it.  Thanks Mayday!  Cripes.  I feel dumb.

blinking icons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2010, 07:07:25 pm »

The game seems to run fine on my machine with mayday and 1024x768 resolution (windowed). There is the tinyest little-est bit of graphics corruption in the top line of the window, but fps and idlers are displayed correctly. Should I expect any other problems to show later??

If not, I would recommend you tone down the statement about 1280 to smth like "you can try lower res, but..". I just spent hours getting used to that horrible resolution but in the end I had to switch back and then tried DF mayday with changing the resolution in the init and - yay!
The Thresher looks sick!
The Thresher looks even more sick!
The Thresher vomits.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2010, 03:36:11 am »

I'm glad you find it acceptable but it is a solution I don't wish to support in any way.
<3
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 78