Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371857 times)

Quantum Tangler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07a] Mayday's Graphics Set
« Reply #1095 on: May 18, 2012, 12:54:51 pm »

This pack is amazing. I had expected a pack that had more than a little detail in it would look cluttered and chaotic when used, but this pack is quite the opposite! I do have one question, though: is it possible to manually change individual tiles? I noticed people talking about switching out specific groups of tiles, such as the units or walls, but would it be possible to change, for instance, the slanted wall tiles to right-angled "corner" ones and the small "curled" wall that is seen when a smooth wall meets a rough one to a pillar,  but leave the other types of walls the same?

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 18, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »

This pack is amazing. I had expected a pack that had more than a little detail in it would look cluttered and chaotic when used, but this pack is quite the opposite! I do have one question, though: is it possible to manually change individual tiles? I noticed people talking about switching out specific groups of tiles, such as the units or walls, but would it be possible to change, for instance, the slanted wall tiles to right-angled "corner" ones and the small "curled" wall that is seen when a smooth wall meets a rough one to a pillar,  but leave the other types of walls the same?

Possible, sure .. are you familiar with a good image editing program, like GIMP (which is a free download) or Photoshop? MS Paint won't do, it can't handle transparency.

If so, go to DF/data/art/mayday.png, which is the actual tileset, and open it up with an editing program. Find any tiles you don't care for - the slanted walls, for example - and change them however you like. You could just modify the existing tile, or replace it by copying another tile over it, or erase it and redraw it from scratch, depending on what you want.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:15:21 pm by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Quantum Tangler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 18, 2012, 02:59:37 pm »

Possible, sure .. are you familiar with a good image editing program, like GIMP (which is a free download) or Photoshop? MS Paint won't do, it can't handle transparency.

If so, go to DF/data/art/mayday.png, which is the actual tileset, and open it up with an editing program. Find any tiles you don't care for - the slanted walls, for example - and change them however you like. You could just modify the existing tile, or replace it by copying another tile over it, or erase it and redraw it from scratch, depending on what you want.

Thanks for the help!

mugglewump0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 19, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »

How long till the 09 version up?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 19, 2012, 05:50:53 pm »

I have a temporary version uploaded, and it is on last page.

Mike has a lot of stuff to do.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1100 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:02 am »

Okay, so here's a blatant theft of Phoebus' graphics for the tracks and minecart, and an update for all the rest.
Hopefully the theft is only temporary...

http://artgoblin.pl/df.php

I'd like to take this opportunity to notify you of my new domain. Please update your links because I can't guarantee the old url will work forever!

Also please post any problems in the thread.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:24:22 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 22, 2012, 11:23:15 am »

Okay, so here's a blatant theft of Phoebus' graphics for the tracks and minecart, and an update for all the rest.

artgoblin.pl/df.php

I'd like to take this opportunity to notify you of my new domain. Please update your links because I can't guarantee the old url will work forever!

Also please post any problems in the thread.

Woohoo! Looks great, good work Mike

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - a new website, artgoblin.pl
« Reply #1102 on: May 22, 2012, 07:53:09 pm »

Oh, thank you so much Mike. I've been experimenting with Phoebus - which looks great, the customization is keen, but it's too dark overall and the unit tiles are hard on the eyes. Yours are much more legible.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - a new website, artgoblin.pl
« Reply #1103 on: May 24, 2012, 01:21:25 pm »

Thanks, corrected that.
Also there's a slightly improved embark profile!
Also a new website design, possibly worse than the old one!

yay!
<3

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - I have destroyed my website
« Reply #1104 on: May 25, 2012, 12:12:58 pm »

Hey guys, is anyone else NOT having problems with disappearing text anymore?
<3

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 25, 2012, 02:53:11 pm »

Just posting to say that yours is the only good tile sets.  I'm sad that this advanced dwarf fort mod or whatever I downloaded includes EVERY tileset but this one.   GO MAYDAY!
I like sushi.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 26, 2012, 08:07:25 am »

Mike, thanks for your work on this tileset.  Nice job!
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 26, 2012, 12:29:47 pm »

did you change the [0.34.10] tiles because i got it just after you released it if so how do i update?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1108 on: May 26, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »

The only things that have been changed since the first upload of 34.10 was that I added back the tileset with no background. So if you want that, you can re-download the package and just copy the file itself. Otherwise- no tileset/graphics changes.
<3

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 26, 2012, 05:39:52 pm »

oh thanks :) i don't really mind though. love your tile set
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 78