Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 371783 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: [0.34.05] Mayday's DFG - a new POLL- this time about the /* keys
« Reply #1035 on: March 12, 2012, 06:40:20 am »

find a truetype font with all the characters DF uses
rename it to font.ttf
place it in data/art/
voila!
<3

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 12, 2012, 07:56:08 am »

I think I solved deactivating the truetype font in the LNP menù... I didn't see that option before :P
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 12, 2012, 03:58:25 pm »

On the poll: I don't use / and * to go up and down, I use 5 and 0. 

I have to manually set it every time, and it's rather annoying, but putting the buttons right in the middle of the numpad I use for all other movement (well, the 0 is easy to thumb-hit) is the most intuitive way for me to control movement. 

But then, I use "ESDW" instead of "WASD" for most of my control schemes, so apparently, my idea of assigning keys to their most ergonomically efficient places seems to be something that gives people headaches, so I've resigned myself to being an interface outlier.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.05] Mayday's DFG - there's a POLL going on right now!
« Reply #1038 on: March 12, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »

Hi mike, I'm playing df 34.05 with your last release on the website and when I press "u" I see this..

http://i41.tinypic.com/ostnhv.jpg

some words get deleted by unknown forces, dunno why...

anyway I just can't use another tileset 'cause I use yours from the very beginning :)

btw: the stonecrafter is "fishing" and the trader "updating stockpile records"

there are some of these glitches here and there..

I had this trouble too, I fixed it by overwriting the font file with the one found in phoebus pack. the letters are slightly bigger, and I dont see any more letters getting covered up or vanishing altogether anymore.

also, thanks mike, I learned DF back in 40d with your tileset and it remains my favorite ever since.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2012, 07:41:30 am »

First, thank you very much for updating this tileset! It is my favorite one by far.

Next, I have a few questions:

Do I need to find a totally different font (renaming to font.ttf as mentioned above) in order to make the font larger? Or is there a way to just bump up the size a little? I like the new font, but it is too small for me to read comfortably.

Is there a way I can change the highlight color? I have a very hard time distinguishing between the white (not highlighted) and off-white (highlighted) text. This occurs when saving/loading a game and when trading, for example.

If these things can't be done, is there a way I can get the old, big chunky font back as a workaround? Thanks for any help.
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1040 on: March 13, 2012, 07:47:05 am »

A) Yes, I think you'd basically need a larger font, the only way to bump the size of this one is to zoom in- which blurs all the other icons.
You can switch to the tileset font with F12 but that'll get ugly :/ Removing diacritics from the language files may help somewhat. (they're located in the raw folder in case you're not familiar with modding).

B) Colours will be fixed in the next update (most likely today).

<3

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1041 on: March 13, 2012, 09:48:34 pm »

Sorry, but no release yet. If you're desperate I posted the colours on the precious page (or the page before that?)

In the meantime contemplating Trooperi's comment- is this better?

And also...
<3

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 17, 2012, 03:10:10 am »

I've actually gotten used to the alternate keymapping in the LNP, it's better than the default. Is that what you are proposing to use?
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1043 on: March 17, 2012, 10:57:07 am »

I don't know the keymapping in LNP, I've been using /* for up and down since DF went 3D. I just wanted to check if people mind that.
<3

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 17, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

Just checked LNP uses /* for other stuff, i think menu options. As it uses , . for up and down(ie no pressing shift)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Naldort

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 19, 2012, 10:05:19 pm »

I also use this texture pack and its the first one I used for DF so it's always been THE DF pack for me, however I recently updated to 34.05 and I'm having trouble with the new font.
It's just too small for me it's such a pain to play with it, is there any way to make it bigger? I saw above you said something about going into the raws and removing something? I really have no idea how to do that, can you explain it?
I would like to continue using this graphics pack put this font is really bugging me

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1046 on: March 20, 2012, 12:13:02 am »

For now- press F12.
Or, for a long-lasting solution, go to data/init/init.txt and set TRUETYPE to NO

Names will be messed up, but at least there should be no text problems and the text will be big enough.

Can you tell me what resolution are you using though? For me the DF font size with TrueType on is the same as on these forums, so I thought the size would be alright.
<3

Naldort

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 21, 2012, 09:14:05 am »

I'm running it at 800x600
I've tried turning truetype off but most of the letters get replaced with symbols, which can make it really hard to read.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1048 on: March 21, 2012, 10:36:12 am »

Wait, that's weird. The minimal tilesize at which truetype is set to turn on is 16px. Your tiles get squashed down to 10px so it should be off by default.

BTW, the resolution at which you play is way smaller than the supported minimum.
<3

Naldort

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 21, 2012, 03:18:24 pm »

i dunno I'm really a newb at this, I went into the init and under the windowed and fulscreen size that's what it said. I tried changing it but it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried to change it to 1440x900 but I haven't noticed any difference, so I don't really know what I'm doing.
I'm just going to run it with Truetype off since I have no idea what I'm doing, lol
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 78