Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want gold weapons.  (Read 1044 times)

2cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I want gold weapons.
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:40:13 pm »

Does anyone know how to mod the raws so this is possible? I don't need a step by step guide or anything, just a "it's handled by this part of this file" thing.

Edit: Never mind, I got it I think. For anyone else who wants it, it seems to be in inorganic_metal and the relevant tag is [ITEMS_WEAPON]

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
Re: I want gold weapons.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:05 pm »

go into the metagloss file for your metal ores, find gold, and add the [WEAPON] tag to gold.  that worked in the old version, should in 31.01.
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:08:42 pm »

go into the metagloss file for your metal ores, find gold, and add the [WEAPON] tag to gold.  that worked in the old version, should in 31.01.

If you're going to do this, increase the Impact Elasticity higher. A lot higher. From about 600 to a bit greater than lead actually [I have mine around 4000]. Or else you're going to be finding foreigners with gold warhammers going to town on your populace.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

2cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:56 pm »

Strange, I would've though gold would have a high elasticity already. It's pretty soft. Or am I misunderstanding exactly what this is?

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:07:23 pm »

Impact Elasticity determines (part of) how hard a weapon hits.  The more inelastic, the less area on the target gets affected by the blow.  Since gold is highly elastic in nature, this means it will do a lot more area of damage than it should.
Sanity is for the weak.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:27:25 pm »

If you're going to do this, increase the Impact Elasticity higher. A lot higher. From about 600 to a bit greater than lead actually [I have mine around 4000]. Or else you're going to be finding foreigners with gold warhammers going to town on your populace.
What determines what material invaders will use in their weapons now anyway? In the old version it was based off damage value + whether or not the entity had METAL_PREF, but it's not so simple anymore...

Or will they simply choose randomly from every not-deep weaponable metal in the raws?

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:28:18 am »

...or you could not mod this and then arm your military with golden hammers..

which is actually pretty Dwarfy, imo.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 08:28:23 am »

or you could put a custom reaction in with the result in golden weapons. guarantees that nobody else will have them
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.