Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten beast buffet.  (Read 1117 times)

mrdvant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten beast buffet.
« on: April 08, 2010, 03:51:23 pm »

Forgotten Beast meat [488]

MMmm...dimetridon..

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beast buffet.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »

Might be interesting to see just how high that number can go... the largest stack I've personally harvested was... 380 something. 387, iirc.

I was kinda' saddened that the beast's name didn't stick around when its tallow got minced into something...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:38:22 pm »

I was kinda' saddened that the beast's name didn't stick around when its tallow got minced into something...

I wonder if it could be modded to do that?

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:40:10 pm »

I wonder if it could be modded to do that?

I suspect that it's supposed to do that, or that it's intended to eventually do so; but I dokn't think the relevant data is in the raws.  Might be, though.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Megabass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »

-=*Ozit Genlathgakit Soap*=-

I'd totally wash my nether-regions with that.

mrdvant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:31:01 pm »

I couldn't even render the fat. I had 101 forgotten beast fat, it was sitting in the kitchen with a render fat job up, and the cook kept cancelling because he needed a "glob".

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:37:09 pm »

I couldn't even render the fat. I had 101 forgotten beast fat, it was sitting in the kitchen with a render fat job up, and the cook kept cancelling because he needed a "glob".

That's a long-standing bug in fat-rendering, actually.  Something in how the game checks to see if they have the necessary components for rendering fat occasionally fails to notice that they DO in fact have fat to render and claims that the job item has been misplaced or that it's missing entirely.  You've basically got a 50/50 chance of actually rendering fat when you tell a Dwarf to render fat.
Sanity is for the weak.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:25 pm »

I feed my fortress mainly on food from the underground. I just have my dwarves go kill what ever spawns in the caverns.
The really nice thing is that something spawns as soon as you kill the previous group of creatures.