Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 2010 Questions  (Read 859 times)

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
DF 2010 Questions
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:50:04 am »

This could probably save some space, instead of making new threads all the time, ask questions here! And try to keep them answered!

I'll start:

#I've got a injured Dwarf in a hospital, unconscious and starving! Why aren't they doing anything to feed the poor sod?

#I'm also struggling with my marksdwarves, as I cannot seem to give them quivers. How do I go about doing that?

#I'm also curious about the new army system. When I get past the militia ranks, do they stay as soldiers all the time?

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:03:53 pm »

#I've got a injured Dwarf in a hospital, unconscious and starving! Why aren't they doing anything to feed the poor sod?
They hate him. No, I'm not sure. It might just be a pathfinding/job priority glitch, but I had an injured dwarf (two broken legs) lay 20 tiles from the hospital until he died of dehydration. I had empty beds, traction benches, and three doctors.
#I'm also struggling with my marksdwarves, as I cannot seem to give them quivers. How do I go about doing that?
Add it to their uniform in the M menu.
#I'm also curious about the new army system. When I get past the militia ranks, do they stay as soldiers all the time?
Yes, for good and for ill.

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 12:17:55 pm »

Where in the uniform selection part is it? Can't find quivers under any of the sub-menus...

spikedball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 12:41:49 pm »

Is it possible, for example, by using fire imp leather and nether cap clothing, to get enough insulation for Dwarven Sea Diving?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 12:51:23 pm »

This could probably save some space, instead of making new threads all the time, ask questions here! And try to keep them answered!

Not to be a buzzkill or anything but there's an entire subforum for this.

Where in the uniform selection part is it? Can't find quivers under any of the sub-menus...

I believe there is no quiver selection in the equipment tab - dwarves with ranged weapons are supposed to pick them up on their own, but, well, there's a bug.

Is it possible, for example, by using fire imp leather and nether cap clothing, to get enough insulation for Dwarven Sea Diving?

If a dwarf can't swim, it drowns. If it can swim, it will probably drown when under more than one 7/7 block of water if there's no path out. Equipment's got nothing to do with it. On top of that, deep-water breaks pathfinding, so there's no point sending your dwarves down as they won't do anything but try and get out (if they can).

Swivelguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:27:27 pm »

If a dwarf can't swim, it drowns. If it can swim, it will probably drown when under more than one 7/7 block of water if there's no path out. Equipment's got nothing to do with it. On top of that, deep-water breaks pathfinding, so there's no point sending your dwarves down as they won't do anything but try and get out (if they can).

He meant swimming in magma ("Dwarven Sea"). And it would never work, even magma-proof clothes are still porous.