Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So I discovered teleportation...  (Read 2982 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
So I discovered teleportation...
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:31:03 pm »

I started off a new adventurer, a lasher, just now. I had the intention of trying to wipe out some towns, but when I went into the "Who do you wish to attack?" menu somthing strange happened. Under the option to attack the human warlord standing next to me, there was an option to attack several Crundles. Upon choosing to attack a crundle, I found myself deep underground attacking a crundle. This game needs some serious tuning, it seems.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: So I discovered teleportation...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:39:17 pm »

Best bug ever, second only to the shooting people in half bug that cropped up in development.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:43:12 pm »

But can you use it to get out again?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:45:03 pm »

The cave has been barren, sans some now dead crundles and a Giant Olm. When I find another creature, I'll update.

EDIT: Just "Discovered a downward passage"

EDIT EDIT: Found a troll, and the glitch seems gone now.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:48:48 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:49:15 pm »

warlords summon a portal(gate) to the underworld so that's how demons get to become law makers and enforcers in human towns and pop up in the world.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »

-blank slate-
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:02:50 pm by Vertigon »

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 11:35:55 pm »

I have noticed the ability to attack any creature in the eight laterally adjacent tiles, regardless of their z-level. However, when I attacked them I simply hit them from my current location, rather than teleporting. Did you notice the phrase "you leap at the crudle" in the announcement, by any chance?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 11:44:27 pm »

Nope, I was on the second level of a tavern, tried to attack the crundle when it gave me the option, and was suddenly several levels below the ground lashing crundles. As soon as it telported me there, it did give the: "You have discovered an expancive cavern below the earth" message.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 01:06:14 am »

Maybe he charged and it moved him onto its square.  What are the odds though, that you just happened to hit shift-A while there were crundles adjacent to you?
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 02:24:15 am »

I know that I wasn't adjcent to the crundles in any way, myself being on the second floor of a tavern, while they were several z-levels below the ground. The warlord was right next to me on the same floor. I still have no damn idea how this feasbly could have happened. It also seems that the cavern I am in is totaly sealed, as I can find no way down to the HFS or up to escape as of now, but there are still areas to explore.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 04:38:06 am »

So that explains why I get so many Bugbut/Elkbird/Crundle caught in web alerts while Adventuring.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 05:01:12 am »

so many questions being explained, the only way I see going back up is to go to where to were teleported to and press shift-A, hoping the the warlord is above you
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 03:06:57 pm »

so many questions being explained, the only way I see going back up is to go to where to were teleported to and press shift-A, hoping the the warlord is above you

I see no reason why that would work, especaly considering nothing is alive in that area.
No Gods, No Masters.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 03:47:48 pm »

If you're directly under the town, you should be able to Travel up again.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 03:57:06 pm »

I see no reason why that would work, especaly considering nothing is alive in that area.
If you attacked something BELOW the ground to get down there to begin with, you should be able to attack something ABOVE the ground to get back out in a similar fashion.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: [1] 2