Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: My First Genetic Purity Breeding Program!  (Read 15650 times)

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My First Genetic Purity Breeding Program!
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »

Has anyone tried breeding fb's?

"Careful, or you might tread on the toes of God ARMOK."

I see what you did there......Parasite.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2010, 08:16:42 pm »

Someone mentioned mermaids.

And now, I can only imagine whale-maids, with babies the size of full-grown cows, stuffed into a cage (Or should I say, packed to the gills?), who yearn for death in order to escape the constant crushing that they would experience even if they were free.

Who look upon the bone crafts as an acceptable end to a horrible existence. At least they'll be pretty when they go.

Wow. I think the fertile fields of my imagination got a bit darker just now.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2010, 09:03:19 pm »

Someone mentioned mermaids.

And now, I can only imagine whale-maids, with babies the size of full-grown cows, stuffed into a cage (Or should I say, packed to the gills?), who yearn for death in order to escape the constant crushing that they would experience even if they were free.

Who look upon the bone crafts as an acceptable end to a horrible existence. At least they'll be pretty when they go.

Wow. I think the fertile fields of my imagination got a bit darker just now.
As they stare through the bars in their underwater cages, watching the fish swim free amongst the seaweed. Ever longing that they too were born fish; free to swim without the ever-present stare from above of their tyranical, uncaring overlords. Occasionally hearing the pained screams of their brethren as they are slowly torn limb from limb by unskilled butchers who have not yet learned the difference between the neck and the limbs.... Ya, don't think too hard about the goings-on in DF or you will become quite depressed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:05:17 pm by alway »

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2010, 09:17:02 pm »

This is an impressive thread.   I'm almost inspired to go out capturing and/or modding creatures for breeding.  Too bad there aren't any tags for shell size and/or quality, or the cave pigs (big, subterranean, mean and tameable pigs with natural shell armor to fend off enemies and unfortunate moods) that I use would definitely be the subject of breeding mania.
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2011, 12:34:05 pm »

With the help of runesmith I checked the attributes of my animals and I think I'm on to something:

Strength = Muscle, more strength = more muscle, less strength = more weak

Recuperation = Skinniness, more recuperation = more skinny, less recuperation = more fat

The size is a little bit tricky....

I assume that more fat and more muscle = more size....
Since fat is inversely proportional I tried this:
strength + ( 2000 - recuperation )

2000 seem to be the highest the attribute can go, so I'm reversing the proportion, so more "( 2000 - recuperation )" = more size

but the results don't cluster like they cluster when I order by fat and muscle....

any ideas?? maybe some other attribute affects it...? It's hard to tell, in the data I have all my animals are gigantic, enormous or huge.... I could do something if I had some small animals....  ???

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2011, 06:56:46 pm »

Do the gigantic/muscled/fat stats do anything for combat with the animals?

A huge, fat, muscley wardog might just about be able to do something in combat. Fourty or so dogs tend to end seiges quite nicely anyway(although you have to give them a bit of room to play in, or they get uppity). So is bigger actually better in combat? Or will they just be a slightly larger roving food parcel like always......
It's a game. Have fun.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2011, 11:10:53 pm »

Do the gigantic/muscled/fat stats do anything for combat with the animals?

A huge, fat, muscley wardog might just about be able to do something in combat. Fourty or so dogs tend to end seiges quite nicely anyway(although you have to give them a bit of room to play in, or they get uppity). So is bigger actually better in combat? Or will they just be a slightly larger roving food parcel like always......
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think size does matter slightly in combat. only slightly.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]