Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Dwarvemon 2010 v.6 - 101 Pokemon!  (Read 15024 times)

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvemon 2010 v.6 - 101 Pokemon!
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2010, 03:24:09 pm »

Some questions because I can and I wonder:
What is the use of adding [DIFFICULTY:2] to bulbasaur?
Why making bulbasaur a [LARGE_PREDATOR]?

I know it's details but I want to do this correctly and I wonder about their precise functioning.

I have no idea what difficulty does, it was probably in whatever I copied it from. "Toady: "Difficulty determines how deep it places them in adventure mode/reclaim caves, and the chance that they are wounded the first few river attacks." Also increases experience gain during adventure mode."

Pretty useless for something that lives in a forest. Delete if you want.

I included LARGE_PREDATOR for the "Will attack things that are smaller than it" part. Now I've read the updated description, I don't particularly want bulbasaurs to ambush people. Might remove it for all but a few.
Heh, I guess I'll just go over all the files and use common sense and not try to find any hidden meaning or uses behind certain tags.

I'll just keep using you as a personal guide (for whatever I cannot find on the wiki or another source, don't worry, I'm not lazy) for as long as you don't mind. ;)

[BP:BULB:bulb:STP]
What does the STP part do of a body token? I found either STP or the plural of the thirds argument.

Not sure, I was going on "s to plural", ie it would stick an s on the end to make it plural.

Now the word bone is amusing me. Speaking of which, any idea how to do cubone's club?
Make it a body part attached to its hand/arm and make the tissue from stone/bone?
And give it an attack with said clubby body part.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2010, 03:25:53 pm »

Make it a body part attached to its hand/arm and make the tissue from stone/bone?

Thought so. Turns out the skull is confusing me more, I don't know whether to make it a coating of bone around the head or a separate body part, since that'd not cover the head properly. Damn

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2010, 03:27:12 pm »

Thought so. Turns out the skull is confusing me more, I don't know whether to make it a coating of bone around the head or a separate body part, since that'd not cover the head properly. Damn
What would not cover the head properly? The seperate body part? Then just make it a coating. It functions like a helmet anyway.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2010, 03:28:21 pm »

What would not cover the head properly? The seperate body part? Then just make it a coating. It functions like a helmet anyway.

I was hoping I could get a trade out of cubone skulls. Oh well

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2010, 03:30:38 pm »

I was hoping I could get a trade out of cubone skulls. Oh well
I guess you still can, with their skulls inside their heads. :P

Edit: [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:POKE_TISSUE_LAYERS]
Bulbasaur has this added to it. The body_detail_plan contains a whole list of random body elements. Isn't there any need to select items among these? Or is this for the 'LEAF' tissue?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 03:38:26 pm by Romtos »

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2010, 03:38:19 pm »

I guess you still can, with their skulls inside their heads. :P

To make up for lack of second skull, I've given cubone's bones a value multiplier of 3, and 5 for marowak.

I wish you could make the club into a trophy, without making it a skull.

EDIT: the download is back, time to test some.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 03:53:55 pm by turgidtoupee »

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2010, 04:00:06 pm »

For unknown reasons, metapod and exeggcute are melting. Anyone know why?

It seems something strange has happened to all non-standard-material pokemon that used to work. Onix just got annihalated by a ponyta, then suffocated to death. Has something changed in the last few versions I wasn't aware of?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:05:09 pm by turgidtoupee »

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:45 pm »

It seems something strange has happened to all non-standard-material pokemon that used to work. Onix just got annihalated by a ponyta, then suffocated to death. Has something changed in the last few versions I wasn't aware of?
I tried to solve the metapod issue, but at this point I simply know too little about tissues and materials to actually know what could be wrong. I barely know what I'm looking at sometimes.

I tested the Onix but it doesn't actually seem to suffocate. Did the Ponyta puncture it lungs or something?

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2010, 04:13:00 pm »

I tried to solve the metapod issue, but at this point I simply know too little about tissues and materials to actually know what could be wrong. I barely know what I'm looking at sometimes.

I tested the Onix but it doesn't actually seem to suffocate. Did the Ponyta puncture it lungs or something?

Not that I know of, but it should barely have been hurt anyway.  It was a horse against a GIANT ROCK

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »

Not that I know of, but it should barely have been hurt anyway.  It was a horse against a GIANT ROCK
In Onix' defense, he won against an Ivysaur I pitted against him. (Though half of its segments were torn)

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2010, 04:16:29 pm »

In Onix' defense, he won against an Ivysaur I pitted against him. (Though half of its segments were torn)

In theory, it shouldn't have. It should have been poisoned by ivysaur's seeds and majorly destroyed by the syndrome. I don't think syndromes work in the arena.

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2010, 04:25:34 pm »

In theory, it shouldn't have. It should have been poisoned by ivysaur's seeds and majorly destroyed by the syndrome. I don't think syndromes work in the arena.
I tested butterfly a bit, but even though its stun spore gets released, I don't see any indication it actually affects its opponent.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2010, 04:31:18 pm »

I tested butterfly a bit, but even though its stun spore gets released, I don't see any indication it actually affects its opponent.

Having tested all of them in the arena at some point, I can say that none of the syndromes work.

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2010, 06:40:59 pm »

:o
Man... Im the best necromancer.
Ever!

:/ oh well other than that i cant be of any help in here

Someone has tought of making apricorns or fruits? and maybe poffins? and maybe a new kind of cage called pokeball?, and im curious about diglets, they will be vermins?or only be found inside the underground?

and a really hard question, it's possible to change the files that compose the forgotten beasts? i mean, "The forgoten beast Umur Gonzolesptar has come! A great skinless voltorb. It has a pair of weedle stings and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its poisonous claws!"

i dont know if this is already possible, but my forgotten beasts were all monstrous common animals.

oh, and some chances of making cubone clubs some kind of drop? like bornze colossus dropping bronze statues

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2010, 08:25:19 pm »

AWWW... I just started a new fortress WITHOUT this mod.
The RNG decided to call it WhippedVine.
Now I'm sad that I didn't use it.
Edit: regenned, and used the name.
I am now the proud owner of 3 war Meowths, 3 war Rattatas, a Machamp, a Vileplume, and 3 tame Persians. Also I have 90 cage traps scattered all around my embark.
anyway-with this mod, you should create a simple profession that any immigrant might have and call it "POKEMON TRAINER". Then, you can have people besides the dungeon master who can tame strange animals.
Just a request! 8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:06:53 pm by mr. macduggan »
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8