Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Dwarvemon 2010 v.6 - 101 Pokemon!  (Read 15034 times)

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvemon 2010 v.6 - 101 Pokemon!
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2010, 07:15:06 am »

Will everyone hate me for necrothread-o-mancy? i mean, only 50 to go!, hell, i really think its time to man up and learn how to mod, dwarvemon needs to be finished.

For honor's sake. 

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2010, 09:13:05 am »

Will everyone hate me for necrothread-o-mancy? i mean, only 50 to go!, hell, i really think its time to man up and learn how to mod, dwarvemon needs to be finished.

For honor's sake.
Why stop at 151? ;)

Yes, that was a rhetorical question just to indicate there is no immediate need to stop at 151.
If I want to learn how to mod creatures, where is my best place to start and where to get a total tag overview?

Edit: I found the wiki modding guide. That one is very extensive. Any others I need to know about?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:47:10 am by Romtos »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2010, 01:14:02 pm »

well seeing how someone unclick dead and killed and click zombie on this forum with runesmith.

if one want pokemon to follow you and fight for you use runesmith and on the creature check off player civ and historical 1 and 2 and add a trait adventure with the bottom choice. hopefully the mod included a pokemon language so that they get unreadable groans and cries from them when you talk.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2010, 02:11:40 pm »

I wasn't aware there was still any interest in this mod. I might continue making it, whenever I can download the game again. Anyone else unable to reach the download page?

Edit: I found my old ubuntu one account! I'll do a few

Edit 2: Nope. It's 40d. No testing for a while.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:26:40 pm by turgidtoupee »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2010, 02:28:13 pm »

I'd be willing to continue work on the project. The main thing is coordinating work on the massive balancing that this project would require.

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2010, 02:32:03 pm »

I wasn't aware there was still any interest in this mod. I might continue making it, whenever I can download the game again. Anyone else unable to reach the download page?

Edit: I found my old ubuntu one account! I'll do a few

Edit 2: Nope. It's 40d. No testing for a while.
Do you mind me playing around with your mod and possibly releasing what I did with it (with the appropriate credit of course) if I manage to actually pull off something extensive?

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2010, 02:38:42 pm »

Do you mind me playing around with your mod and possibly releasing what I did with it (with the appropriate credit of course) if I manage to actually pull off something extensive?

Can if you want, I think I'll resume work on it though. Even though I can't test it I can still type out what I think is right.

If you want to rebalance the ones that are already there, with your permission I'd quite like to simply merge them and call it a joint effort.

Like I've said earlier, things like body size and attack strength are still way off. Some are estimated, some done by weight, and some just to make them powerful (a la alakazam). Plus I don't have too great an understanding of how attacks work in terms of damage, and I'm fairly sure it's changed since I made the bulk of this mod.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2010, 02:45:55 pm »

Basic animal attacks are now heavily weighted in power by body material strength as well as creature size. What you decide to make the animal body part composed of determines it's power. It may be necessary to "gimmick" the system by having small attacking parts with balanced numbers for gameplay replace the elements that the animal is attacking with - ie: water/ghost pokemon would otherwise be useless.

EDIT: An example of this is... how would you have blastoise attack in the new version? Other than scratching, you create a body part called a "Water cannon", and then under the material toughness for a water cannon you give it specific properties useful for attacking. Otherwise all pokemon would be running around biting, scratching, or tackling things, with a few using fire breath attacks :( This is what we need to do since burn/cold/heat and whatnot damage was removed as abstractions from modding.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:52:33 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2010, 02:55:59 pm »

Basic animal attacks are now heavily weighted in power by body material strength as well as creature size. What you decide to make the animal body part composed of determines it's power. It may be necessary to "gimmick" the system by having small attacking parts with balanced numbers for gameplay replace the elements that the animal is attacking with - ie: water/ghost pokemon would otherwise be useless.

EDIT: An example of this is... how would you have blastoise attack in the new version? Other than scratching, you create a body part called a "Water cannon", and then under the material toughness for a water cannon you give it specific properties useful for attacking. Otherwise all pokemon would be running around biting, scratching, or tackling things, with a few using fire breath attacks :( This is what we need to do since burn/cold/heat and whatnot damage was removed as abstractions from modding.

The cannons are already made of metal. Blastoise's attack is skull bash, and it has a water breath attack. Water is quite useless against everything but fire-based creatures, so that leaves us with skull bash. Pretty much just a standard headbutt.
The problem with water-based attacks is that they're long range, and the game's long range attacks leave a lot to be desired.

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2010, 02:58:19 pm »

Can if you want, I think I'll resume work on it though. Even though I can't test it I can still type out what I think is right.

If you want to rebalance the ones that are already there, with your permission I'd quite like to simply merge them and call it a joint effort.

Like I've said earlier, things like body size and attack strength are still way off. Some are estimated, some done by weight, and some just to make them powerful (a la alakazam). Plus I don't have too great an understanding of how attacks work in terms of damage, and I'm fairly sure it's changed since I made the bulk of this mod.
I wouldn't mind making it a joint effort. At this point I planned to go over what you've done anyway. :P
What did you use to estimate their size? I planned to change them to the pokedex noted weights.

And I'm wholly inexperienced in modding. I just spend my afternoon studying your mod and the original files, in addition to the wiki to learn it. Luckily it's quite intuitive.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2010, 03:01:59 pm »

I wouldn't mind making it a joint effort. At this point I planned to go over what you've done anyway. :P
What did you use to estimate their size? I planned to change them to the pokedex noted weights.

And I'm wholly inexperienced in modding. I just spend my afternoon studying your mod and the original files, in addition to the wiki to learn it. Luckily it's quite intuitive.

At first I estimated based on humans as 70000 and dwarves as 60000, and assuming size meant volume or height or something.
Later I learned it was weight, so some are based on the weights as according to the pokedex.

Feel free to change whatever you want, and ask whatever you want.

EDIT: Oh lawdy, I'm doing exeggutor and can't stop lauging at the word wood in inappropriate places.

Also, "I'm doing exeggutor"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 03:06:06 pm by turgidtoupee »

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2010, 03:08:50 pm »

Some questions because I can and I wonder:
What is the use of adding [DIFFICULTY:2] to bulbasaur?
Why making bulbasaur a [LARGE_PREDATOR]?

I know it's details but I want to do this correctly and I wonder about their precise functioning.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2010, 03:13:17 pm »

I know it's details but I want to do this correctly and I wonder about their precise functioning.

I have no idea what difficulty does, it was probably in whatever I copied it from. "Toady: "Difficulty determines how deep it places them in adventure mode/reclaim caves, and the chance that they are wounded the first few river attacks." Also increases experience gain during adventure mode."

Pretty useless for something that lives in a forest. Delete if you want.

I included LARGE_PREDATOR for the "Will attack things that are smaller than it" part. Now I've read the updated description, I don't particularly want bulbasaurs to ambush people. Might remove it for all but a few.

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2010, 03:17:09 pm »

I have no idea what difficulty does, it was probably in whatever I copied it from. "Toady: "Difficulty determines how deep it places them in adventure mode/reclaim caves, and the chance that they are wounded the first few river attacks." Also increases experience gain during adventure mode."

I included LARGE_PREDATOR for the "Will attack things that are smaller than it" part. Now I've read the updated description, I don't particularly want bulbasaurs to ambush people. Might remove it for all but a few.
Heh, I guess I'll just go over all the files and use common sense and not try to find any hidden meaning or uses behind certain tags.

I'll just keep using you as a personal guide (for whatever I cannot find on the wiki or another source, don't worry, I'm not lazy) for as long as you don't mind. ;)

[BP:BULB:bulb:STP]
What does the STP part do of a body token? I found either STP or the plural of the thirds argument.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2010, 03:18:51 pm »

Heh, I guess I'll just go over all the files and use common sense and not try to find any hidden meaning or uses behind certain tags.

I'll just keep using you as a personal guide (for whatever I cannot find on the wiki or another source, don't worry, I'm not lazy) for as long as you don't mind. ;)

[BP:BULB:bulb:STP]
What does the STP part do of a body token? I found either STP or the plural of the thirds argument.

Not sure, I was going on "s to plural", ie it would stick an s on the end to make it plural.

Now the word bone is amusing me. Speaking of which, any idea how to do cubone's club?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8