Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Space Pirates!  (Read 2259 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Space Pirates!
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:20:58 pm »

Mutiny on the good Ship Meridian! You and your compadres have overthrown your oppressive and cruel captain and put his body in the Air lock. You are the captain of the Ship Meridian and together with your two Commanders ( Bjorg a Human and Skrij a Lizardman of sorts from the Molak System. ) have decided to enter the world of Space Piracy; Plunder, Booty and Robotic Wenches await. You are in Outer Space and are nowhere near any Star System. The empire have no distress signal has been sent and therefore the Empire ( The largest faction ) have not received word of you being a pirate ship but they will grow suspicious if the shipment of rare Primatum Ore is not delivered to the Space Station at Homrad IV (Imperial Planet [1 parsec away])

Your ship: Meridian -- a medium sized Courier Cruiser
Your crew: 270 ( 240 Human, 30 Molak )
Your Officers: Bjorg (Novice Engineer)
                    Skrij  (Novice Tactician)

What do you do?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Pirates!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:32 pm »

Set sail to deliver the ore, stage a distress call and vanish out of the area.

We want them to think we were attacked, not that we shuffled off with the ore.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 04:32:43 pm »

[Nice thinking... and welcome aboard!]

You request a transmission with your Contact at the Homrad IV Station

You: Attention Homrad Station we are under attack from Pirates. Requesting assistance, we have no weapons and a very valuable payload

Station: Space Ship Meridian, this is the Homrad IV space station, we are sending a small defense force to your position, dodge all attacks and do not let them board.

You: It may be already too late { Improvised Static } send help quickly { more "static" }

You slam your fist on the large button for the Infinite Improbability Drive (though this has been limited for Probabilities within our own galaxy) .

You re-emerge in the Halor system in the same galaxy.

After some time spent as Daisies your crew return to normality and you realize that you are in Orbit around Halor III: a Pirate Planet (Neutral). There is a Space Station here along with small populations of Pirates scattered about the system's 4 Planets.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:34:17 pm »

> Open the outer Airlock and space the captain. Make sure he isn't caught on a nacelle or something.

> Determine crew loyalty.

> Do what Strife said.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:37:26 pm »

Check ship for explosives. Repeat by the hour. Shore leave on rotation, for 1/3 of the crew for 12 hours each.

Take away team including ourself, the medical officer, and three crewmen. Dress the crewmen in red shirts. Began careful, incognito conversations about finding a purchaser for an entirely hypothetical load of Primatun Ore.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »

Scanner reveal the ship, as previously thought, is free of any foreign explosive devices.

You contact the Pirate Space Station:

You: Good afternoon gentlemen, what does Primatum ore go for around here?

Station Operator (Gruff voice, possibly Bandito) : Primatum, erm... let me check { Pause } the local traders are willing to pay 12,000 Credits per tonne, I hear thats the highest prices it's reached in Three Years!

You: Good, I am willing to sell 3 tonnes of the stuff. Requesting permission to use Docking bay, mate.

Operator: Sure, approach when you like

END TRANSMISSION

You steer the ship down and into the Loading Bay of the station. It is grimy but not without the basic amenities. There are traders for most things here but particularly in Illegal substances such as Cybran. You quickly sell the 3 tonnes and gain a quick 36,000 Credits. 

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 04:56:22 pm »

Get someone to change the registration on our ship. We want to look like another courier ship so we can repeat the stunt with someone else's cargo.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »

Sidling over to the Engineering section of the Station, you approach a Local mechanic and inquire about a remodel for the ship. For 15,000 credits he will remodel the Ship and throw in a new paint job as well. He also suggests that we change the name of the ship, he suggests the Weatherburn as an Appropriate name as it is one of the most unpopular names that ships have registered under.

Do we accept his proposal?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:01:18 pm »

Try to work out what would make the best profit at another station.

PPE: Yes.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 05:02:28 pm »

You allow the Mechanic and his men get to work on the exterior of your ship. You have about twelve hours to spend at this Space Station.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 05:07:41 pm »

Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 05:08:55 pm »

You've already sold it

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 05:09:32 pm »

URGH!

No, register under the most common name, especially if it's the "John Smith" of couriers. I'm thinking there has to be a name that EVERYONE uses, right? Something completely untrackable because of the millions of registered ships with that name.

Call it the Wil Wheaton
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 05:17:54 pm »

You contact the Mechanic and tell him to Scrap the change to "weatherburn". You tell him instead to re-register it to the most common name: which turns out to be the Wil Wheaton ( named after a Space Admiral hero ). The new ship will be a standard Green Trim with a White base. You still have some time to wait now

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »

Inquire in a gentlemanly way how much a Robot-Wench costs for an evening. Prepare self to not be visibly shocked at the price.

EDIT: The Robot-Wenches are classy ladybots!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:44:13 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: [1] 2