Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: When will Adventure Mode get some love?  (Read 2806 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When will Adventure Mode get some love?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 01:02:34 pm »

I also like the idea of magic related to gods and their spheres, I really hope it ends up atleast a bit like that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 02:12:29 pm »

I also like the idea of magic related to gods and their spheres, I really hope it ends up atleast a bit like that.

The god of Farming and fertility allows a spell to grow dwarves on farm plots for a season?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 02:16:04 pm »

The god of Farming and fertility allows a spell to grow dwarves on farm plots for a season?
or maybe it produces spores, that auto-magically get all female animals.. and dwarves pregnant, like the perfect long distance relationship?
Nom nom nom

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 04:30:03 pm »

When it comes to magic, I always liked the way Exalted handles sorcery.
Basically, magic should be Big Deal. No fireballs or magic missiles with a quick chant. More like, spend half a minute chanting, gesturing and drawing stuff in the ground wioth a stick, and suddenly you've filled the air with butterflies with razor-sharp obsidian wings or turned your entire body into steel.
But it's no substitute for some proper kung fu action when the assassins break down your door in the middle of the night (except of course that you've summoned Ig-chorrak the Ash Fiend to guard your door as you sleep, and he DOES have kung fu).

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 05:16:04 pm »

main city's occasionaly have medical/cloth shops, rare though, in my current world, only one town had said shop.

Pics or it didnt happen. Ive genned 5 worlds each full of human towns, made countless human adventurers and still havent seen one.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 05:19:10 pm »

I'd like to see magic require some sort of mineral to use. Would fit Dwarf Fortress very well, as well as be a good starting point for making it non-commonplace.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 06:26:15 pm »

main city's occasionaly have medical/cloth shops, rare though, in my current world, only one town had said shop.

Pics or it didnt happen. Ive genned 5 worlds each full of human towns, made countless human adventurers and still havent seen one.

Yeah, I've never seen one either.  The shop types are: weapon, armor, clothing, craft, and food.  None of those stock cloth or crutches, as far as I know.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 06:32:53 pm »

Yeah, I too am an Adventure Mode lover. Can't wait until Toady expands on it.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.
Pages: 1 2 [3]