Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: request for option: reroll starting 7 while preparing  (Read 763 times)

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
request for option: reroll starting 7 while preparing
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:10:59 pm »

i would like to request a command to re-roll the names and personalities of your starting 7 when you choose 'prepare for the journey carefully.'

it shouldnt be too much of a game breaker, but i am asking because i have lately been having to select the area and then prepare for journey carefully over and over (which takes a while) because i try to customize my dwarves specifically to their personalities.

IE: if the dwarf likes anvils, i make him a metalsmith.   if he likes axes, i make him a woodcutter.    if he likes picks, i make him a miner.   ect.

the option can be at the choosing your dwarfs skills screen, and it can reroll everyones stats.

this can be used by people who want (or dont want) a dwarf to like cats, or any other things with reguards to the flavor that comes with dwarf personalities.

thoughts on my suggestion?

Nogford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: request for option: reroll starting 7 while preparing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:48:33 pm »

Couldn't agree more. Somewhat related - I'd also like the option to cancel an embark right up until you press "e: embark now".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:53:14 pm »

I like both of those options. The first would allow for a little more customized starting 7, which is always a good thing, and it isn't particularly abusable.

The second just makes sense, since I frequently realize after I start a fort that forgot to do minor things like check what civ I'm from. It'd be really nice to go back to the site selection screen (or all the way out, if I decide not to start a fort for some reason)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:50:07 am »

Couldn't agree more. Somewhat related - I'd also like the option to cancel an embark right up until you press "e: embark now".

IIRC you used to be able to do that in the old versions, just hit escape and select abort.   but with the rebinding of keys, that option has been lost.  (others have compained about this alot too - i just ctrl-alt-del DF and start over)