Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Throwing is more fun than ever!  (Read 2012 times)

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Throwing is more fun than ever!
« on: April 07, 2010, 12:09:54 pm »

I like to throw the body parts of my fallen enemies at my soon-to-fall enemies.

(spoiler'd for size)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This has never happened to me before (I.E in the old versions, so i assume it's new). Has this happened to anyone else?

I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing is more fun than ever!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:19:04 pm »

What? a deer stuck in the arm? AWESOME!

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:07:28 pm »

Wow... that's pretty amazing.

And to think I thought throwing non-weapons wouldn't be effective any more.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:37 pm »

Well, Blood is almost always deflected by armor, though i've seriously damaged a black bear's nose with it.

Around 95% of the time, it won't do anthing but bruise the skin/fat.

Still, corpses, and cut off parts are pretty effective.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:07:41 pm »

Well, since blood is now a liquid, you can throw that at things.

I have spent a while pelting a deer with wolf blood.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:22 pm »

Tha .... that is AMAZING.

I have a recently aquired corpse which I would literally KILL to see stuck in to someone.  Cheers for the laugh.
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

GD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 05:39:26 am »

Time to stuck in combo!
1)Throw corpse until stuck in
2)Throw corpse with stuck in corpse until stuck in
3)Throw corpse with stuck in corpse with suck in corpse until stuck in
99)Profit!

Bonus points for using poisoned corpses.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 06:00:59 am »

I once stabbed a giant dessert scorpion with a giant desert scorpion stinger, and it got stuck. It didnt poison it though, too bad.

Later in the fight that giant dessert sciorpion stole my stinger and proceded to bash me with it!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

GD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 07:46:05 am »

I think this protect scorpion: [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SCORPION_DESERT_GIANT:ALL]
And he didnt stole it, but returned his personal property. And bashing you with his stinger was nothing more then self-defense. All attacks of wild animals or megabeasts are nothing more than self defense, sometimes preventive self defense :)

Hmm i should add [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:WAMBLER_FLUFFY:ALL] to all poisons.
Protect fluffy wamblers!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 07:58:12 am »

I think he meant a different stinger than the one on the scorpion he was fighting. Still, the possibility of impaling one with their own stinger or chocking a guy to death on their own intestines will eventually get in.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 11:12:37 am »

All attacks of wild animals or megabeasts are nothing more than self defense, sometimes preventive self defense.'

You tell that to the wolves, cougers, jaguars, tigerman, and Sasquatches that keep attacking me.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 06:09:28 pm »

I think he meant a different stinger than the one on the scorpion he was fighting. Still, the possibility of impaling one with their own stinger or chocking a guy to death on their own intestines will eventually get in.
Yeah I heard about that in dwarf talk, Cant wait. Though I was hoping the stinger on its own would be poisenous, rather than the attack the scorpion does. That way stuff that was stabbed with the stinger would get poisened automatically.

And yes, it was another scorpions stinger that I was wielding. And no, those scopions wernt very defensive about it. Not at first that is. Its suprising how well a copper scimitar dismembers.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 10:50:00 am »

I one-shot a goblin once with a corpse.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 11:59:37 am »

I look forward to the day where you can tie the intestines of a foe to the stinger of another foe, throw it into the eye of a giant and climb up the intestine rope to stab the other eye.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 12:03:07 pm »

Yeah... I bug reported this one - it doesn't pay attention to relative body sizes. Funny as hell though.
Pages: [1] 2