Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: an interesting diplomat  (Read 1957 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
an interesting diplomat
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:30:04 am »

I notices an & symbol hanging around my fort. Turns out its the humans diplomat and it happens to be a demon (or some other monster)

it helped me defeat a titan (shown by the 'I' in the image above) and it shoots frozen extract.

the titan also shot frozen extract with extreme ineffectiveness. Prior to the scene above it spent about 3 mins shooting extract at a sleeping cat. the cat eventually woke up and fled into the fort through my guarded entrance.
One of my spearmen got the kill, no casualties.

anyone else found diplomats like this? how could it happen?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: an interesting diplomat
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:34:51 am »

I had an "E" as outpost liason... I assumed the worst and thought he was an elf - but I didn't look, so he might have been an elephant or other demon.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:38:12 am »

Sometimes, demons crawl out of the deep and infiltrate human civs, posing as emmisaries from the gods. Guess this one eventually became a diplomat.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:39:41 am »

anyone else found diplomats like this? how could it happen?
I saw bug in mantis about demon diplomats demolishing all the buildings they pass across, so yeah, it definitely happens.
Law-givers are demons who somehow assumed control over civilization, either by force or persuasion.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:41:45 am »

well she's still in my fort so i may try killing her. Are the humans likley to retaliate?

I hope so.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 11:52:28 am »

My outpost liaison is just a dwarf, but one hell of a dwarf.

When she arrived, my miners (including my expedition leader) were digging a shaft down into the cave layers. They broke the caves directly next to a group of eight Olm Blowgunners, so I dragged them up to the surface, so I could have my military dwarves deal with them before I continued mining. However, the outpost liaison, who had, by this time, managed to get all of the way down to the bottom of the shaft in his attempts to conduct a meeting, laid into the olms, killed three of them and seriously injured five others, the final one fleeing up the shaft towards my fortress, towards my military. The liaison, with only a small scratch on his arm, then calmly conducted his meeting with my still-dawdling expedition leader in amongst the dead and dying olms. The one olm that escaped gave the first military dwarf it encountered, a swordsman, 39 separate wounds before being overwhelmed by the rest of my military.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:00:35 pm »

well she's still in my fort so i may try killing her. Are the humans likley to retaliate?
I hope so.
At least they do in adventurer mode.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 12:44:51 pm »

Ah, here we go, the sum total of her permanent injuries:

Her left lower arm bears a tiny curving scar

By god, I want this dwarf on my side. She's still fighting down there, out of ammo now, but still holding his own by beating them down with her crossbow, two have died that way so far.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 01:17:26 pm »

Ah, here we go, the sum total of her permanent injuries:

Her left lower arm bears a tiny curving scar

By god, I want this dwarf on my side. She's still fighting down there, out of ammo now, but still holding his own by beating them down with her crossbow, two have died that way so far.

I fail to see what's so special.  You obviously have a true dwarven diplomat.  I say if a dwarf shows up claiming to represent all the dwarves of the empire, and she can't single-handed lay waste to an ambust the fucks up green recruits, you should help her find her way into the lava moat  ;D

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 01:26:41 pm »

The mental image just cracks me up.
"Greetings mortals, I am a representative of the Empires of Cloistering..."
*cue dwarves all dropping their beers*

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 06:55:06 pm »

Lol.

I'm slightly amused that a massively powerful demon who could probably have wiped out the entire human civilisation, instead chose to become their diplomatic representative...

Fear his incredible powers... of civilised debate  :o!

Edit: Lol, just read the line 'Beware its deadly spittle!' and imagined a disagreement over a trade agreement - demon gets angry and starts spitting as he shouts, followed by every dwarf in the room melting into piles of goo :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:58:05 pm by Dave Mongoose »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 07:19:36 pm »

that could be on hell of a forceful diplomat.  All I can imagine is the negotiations going bad, and the demon whistles and breaks the HFS open underneath the fort, then turns and leaves.
Nom nom nom

Primary

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:29:06 pm »

*Cue sewage finally being introduced to the game*

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 07:56:13 pm »

Fear his incredible powers... of civilised debate  :o!

If I ran into a towering ravening one-eyed sepia iguana in a dark alley, he wouldnt even have to START a civilized debate.  I'd just go buy him some cigarettes before he even had to ask.  I mean, I probably couldnt fish my lunch money out of my pockets FAST enough.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 08:00:46 am »

unfortunatly (or fortunatly) this Lepe was killed by a goblin calvary charge in a siege that has just taken place. 40 goblins riding giant olm, (and other nasties) supported by trolls.

the fortress still stands but now another forgotten beast has arrived and my remaining miltiary refuse to pick up their equipment
Pages: [1] 2