Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sweetbread  (Read 6083 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Sweetbread
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »

Darn, I thought sweetbread was what you got from letting drained brain fluids condense in a cake mold! This new development is rather unsettling.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:21:59 pm »

I'm a vegetarian but I knew what all the new meats were. I can't remember where I learnt them, one of my grandmothers used to eat chittlins.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 08:41:35 pm »

Even with this information, I still like to imagine "cat sweetbread" as two slices of bread with a kitten in between them.

Fights off hunger and easily carried by patrolling troops.

In fact sandwich making should be a job, just like cheese making, and it should be moodable.

"This is Kittenboots, a cat sandwich.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is made from Stray Cat (Tame) and encircled with bands of sliced bread.  It menaces with spikes of prepared kitten intestines.  On the item is an image of goblins, dwarves, and cats in dog tripe.  The goblins are making a plaintive gesture.  The dwarves are laughing.  The cats are burning."
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

dudeinthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 09:12:21 pm »

A lot of people seem to think sweetbread is an actual "bread".

Like who?
Go read through the spoiler heavy threads. I've seen 10 or so where people thought it was bread, caused by a bug. I can see why people think that given the name, but it's better that they know what they're feeding their dwarves.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:26 pm »

Darn, I thought sweetbread was what you got from letting drained brain fluids condense in a cake mold! This new development is rather unsettling.

I thought that's what "head cheese" is.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 09:21:18 pm »

I thought that's what "head cheese" is.

So what the hell is that tasty stuff that comes out of the ears?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 09:21:54 pm »

A lot of people seem to think sweetbread is an actual "bread".

Just to clarify:
Sweetbreads are the thymus (throat sweetbread) and the pancreas (heart or stomach sweetbread), especially of the calf and lamb (although beef and pork sweetbreads are also eaten).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetbread

Really ??? when I look at the list of meats, in my head all I really see are meats. Sorry Toady_One -the great-.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 09:26:30 pm »

Even with this information, I still like to imagine "cat sweetbread" as two slices of bread with a kitten in between them.

Fights off hunger and easily carried by patrolling troops.

In fact sandwich making should be a job, just like cheese making, and it should be moodable.

"This is Kittenboots, a cat sandwich.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is made from Stray Cat (Tame) and encircled with bands of sliced bread.  It menaces with spikes of prepared kitten intestines.  On the item is an image of goblins, dwarves, and cats in dog tripe.  The goblins are making a plaintive gesture.  The dwarves are laughing.  The cats are burning."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

riffraffselbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 09:57:35 pm »

My favorite food is actually very dwarfy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple
"And God saw that the world was too moist, and that none of the Scorpion race could be placed upon it; and so he started over."

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 10:49:00 pm »

This thread is making me hungry. I really want haggis now. :(
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 11:55:25 pm »

Dwarves need to get to inventing meat grinders... Kitten sausage, anyone?
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:28 pm »

Dwarves need to get to inventing meat grinders... Kitten sausage, anyone?

You could edit that into the raws.  Just make a Quern derivative, make the reaction for it accept meat, and have it output a new meat you've defined in the appropriate raws called "sausage".
Sanity is for the weak.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 12:10:42 am »

I was actually thinking that, if you can now put whole creatures into a reaction, the dwarves can just throw critters into a "Meat Grinder" workshop and ground critter will come out. Then, the dwarves could use the ground meat for whatever they want, or combine it with intestines to make sausage... I'll probably need a Head Chef noble, now :)

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 12:21:59 am »

You should mod this in.  Now.  :D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 12:31:51 am »

Yep! Now just to figure out custom workshops, and the Dwarven Gourmet Mod (temporary title) can begin  8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4