Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None  (Read 11391 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2010, 08:08:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As asked, first of prematch second of what looks like post match.Tough little gladiator to fight and win against that many, i'd be proud.

EDIT: Also while i'm here I beter do some free adverts for the companys. www.forumimagecodes.com let me get these pics up and www.zshare.com let me get the log up, so kudos to them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:20:58 am by nuker w »

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2010, 08:19:57 am »

The marmots were all on a team - and honestly, I was very surprised the marmots did so poorly after what you had said. I think he managed to spend a lot of time dodging on the outside hurting marmots - by a minute or two in, most of the marmots were very injured from what it liked like and he wasnt. For some reason, NOONE HAS POSTED PICTURES YET. POST PICTURES YOU TWO.

The little kobold bucked the odds - maybe there was something wrong with your testing? You used a kobold with a larger copper dagger, some wooden armor and a shield, right? And skills?

Yep. I tested it qute a few times with his stat sheet exactly as it is on the first post. Every time I try it, he kills one or two then gets bundled on and suffocated.
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:38 am »

Which means he must have gotten amazingly lucky. Defying the odds! wooh!

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:14 am »

Well, unless I see a video or something I am convinced that it is impossible for him to win, but its not that important so im just gonna leave this thread.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2010, 09:51:20 am »

Well, unless I see a video or something I am convinced that it is impossible for him to win,but its not that important so im just gonna leave this thread.

Hmmmmmm, somethings not quite right here, and as its over one small and tiny fight its a bit OTT, refer to my earlier comment

Honestly, you would think the queen of england just got murdered by someone with a pair of blunt glasses

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2010, 10:00:32 am »

I'm sorry, but all I can say is

LOL.

There's really no need to get grumpy of these sort of things. They're just forum games, they aren't the be all and end all. Your 'reputation' is not tarnished by failure here.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2010, 11:59:50 am »

Look, Nuker posted the game log - what more do you want? You can see everything that happened to him there.

If the bookie is fine with it, you can have your three favour back - I certainly don't care. But the things you said were a big part of why the betting is so skewed.

The most likely explanation is the kobold I created rolled some damned good stats, or some awesome combination of stats, and got lucky in the battle. Testing of my own (though only with dwarves) have shown stats play a HUGE roll in how succesfull a given fighter is - which means its sort of sad that you can't actually control them in Arena mode, because all the contestants will have stats re-randomized every go.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2010, 12:01:35 pm »

Also, Bookie!

Start opening bets on the next round! You know the three contestants, you know the enemy.

You might want to base the spread not just on how much damage the gladiator team takes, but also the spread on who gets the killing blow (obviously, walrus winning it doesnt matter).

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2010, 12:03:30 pm »

Whens it starting?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2010, 12:11:03 pm »

After I run the Brutal game in the Forum Games thread thats happening today, I'll run the arena event. While I'm running it I'll go through and tally everyone's favour and spent stuff and everything too.

When I send it out, the announcers will start posting right away, so the bookie might want to start setting up that spread.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2010, 01:22:16 pm »

Given that direct control in Arena Mode is feasible, I wonder... could we do Multiplayer Arena Fights? Create 2 fighters on the same team, and then alternately control each of them for 1 move? It'd take a while to do play-by-post Arena Matches, but in theory it's interesting.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2010, 01:53:49 pm »

but the luck chance of striking something will differ hugely making it impossible

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2010, 02:08:41 pm »

I'm not talking running it in 2 separate clients. Run it in the same one, and just have the ref alternate between the players characters, making their moves for them, and reporting the results.

Like I said, utility is limited, but its an interesting theory.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2010, 03:18:49 pm »

I was trying point out that the results were unbelievably unlikely in a non-aggressive way, but sorry if I offended anyone :(

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2010, 04:05:21 pm »

:D! I won six favour. Yay.

I'd like to spend ALL of them on upgrading the skills he has currently. Ame's getting badass apparantly.

[Edit] Nevermind, I'd like to upgrade my sword to copper and use the other 5 in training.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:20:37 pm by Eztuzt »
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9