Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None  (Read 11387 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 04:56:26 pm »

Fixed.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 05:28:21 pm »

Could you please consider using the various animalmen of the underground?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 07:04:11 pm »

As enemies? You can bet on it.
As player characters? Probably not, at least until I become more familiar with them.
Is there anyone in particular you were hoping for?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 08:22:53 pm »

As player characters? Probably not, at least until I become more familiar with them.

Antman.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 08:33:00 pm »

Antman.

But they have four bloody arms! That's not fair at all!
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 08:34:19 pm »

Well I have the log with me here for round 2 so I hope the second announcer is ready, and despite general complant of spelling errors and having it to long and calling someone a woman [get over yourself] i'm ready to continue and trust me working out of these dam logs isint easy.And you woudint belive what time it was here when i was doing that im talking 3 in the morning

Hello Ladys and Gentledwarfs to the second round of the event! Hello and welcome, my name is Cog McAwsomeDrawBridge and im here to help you watch the event with help from my co-host Cthulhu! Tonight we have lined up for you, Talakenid, gladaitor from down under, rumoured to have 6 fingers instead of five but thats just what ive heard. But enough about me lets see what hes they are fighting today! Today the gladiator will be fighting for his life against what many would say are just a pest more then any thing, in the.... JESTER ROUND! In the jester round one gladiator must take on a species that most people find funny and not very scary but have a huge group of them! Today they will be fighting the..... Horay Marmot's! Should be a good joke or a dam bloodbath eitherway so we are going to have to wait and see! Ladys and Gentledwarfs, over to my Co-host Cthulhu to kick us off!

Image of starting area: http://www.zshare.net/image/747224201b31895e/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:15:02 pm by nuker w »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2010, 09:02:31 pm »

Yeah, with shields as broken as they are and the antman ability to wield several of them... well, you aint getting ant men any time soon. :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 09:03:11 pm »

ROUND 1 EVENT 2

Can you hear the baying of the marmots?  They are hungry.
This is event 2 of the first round of the annual Dwarven Gladiatorial Season!  I am your announcer and post-match analyst, Urist Cogpulleys.  Stay tuned after the match for when we run around a mock arena swinging fake swords at each other and pretending to be knowledgeable about combat tactics.

Today's match is the Jester battle!  One one side we have Tala, Taka...  Talakamakabalaka the Kobold.  Man, them kobolds and their crazy names, right dorfs?  Right.

Taka-khan's opponent tonight is someone you all know and love, a pack of raging hoary marmots!  Those little furry bastards that creep your constructions and slow down work.  Well it took a lot of work and there were a lot of terrified dwarves running around, but we managed to catch a clean dozen yesterday.  The battle begins.  One kobold.  Twelve marmots.  One survivor.  Unless, of course, the marmots win, then there might be more.

GET IT ON!!

The marmots lunge, but Chakachakapatapon jumps out of the way!  The marmots are angry now.  Ghazkhull Thraka with an expert block'n'counter, that marmot's gonna be limpi--AND OH ONE'S ON HIM!  One of the marmots has him by the arm, and it's off!  He shook it off with his expert kobold flailing techniques.  It would appear he's using the Spastic Macaw flailing style, originally developed by the kobold sensei Grifgreelbisflurbin.  Unforunately, the flaw with that style is that it doesn't do well against multiple opponents and this match is against twelve marmots.  Tala Palala is currently buried under the marmots, this isn't looking good.  Thankfully all they can really do is dent his skin, these marmots appear to be suffering from the widespread disease Stupid Tooth Syndrome, or STS.  Lucky for Takabakalaka, I guess.

I can't even see him anymore, I think he's de--WHOA!  Marmot head just flew out of the dogpile, that's one down.  I caught it!

Seriously, I just caught this marmot head, what am I supposed to do with this?  I have no need for marmot heads.  Whatever, I'm throwing it back

Timbuktu's dagger is flying, eviscerating the marmots, but these guys are tough, and they're not going down without a fight!  They're bashing and slashing and clawing at his shield but they just can't get a hit through.  This is kind of boring.

Hmm.  Still holding them off.  Occasionally Tipp McCoy gets one with his dagger, but other than that.  Hmm...  I guess we could start the post game ana--OH ANOTHER DECAPITATION!  Once a knife develops a taste for marmot neck, it's all over.  More slashing, more blocking, this is a battle of attrition here.  It reminds me of the battle on Second Hematite, year 397.  Battle much like this, but it was twelve kobolds on one hoary marmot.  The kobolds were starving, and started fighting amongst themselves for who would eat the marmot!  Craziest thing I've ever seen, eventually they dug trenches in the arena and started starving each other out.  The battle ended when it turned out the marmot was actually part of a mammoth's trunk.  It was buried in the dirt of the arena and climbed out.  All the kobolds died as well as 30-something dorfs, one hell of a battle.

Anyway, back to the fight.  Tamanakapala is still slowly wearing away at them, it looks like one or two of them has bled to death.  Just keep on.... keep on...  uh.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

zzzzzzz-Uh.  Where am I?  Oh, yeah, the battle.  Jeez, it's still going.  Just one marmot left, Marmot 7.  Even with only one left Jreengus is going for a conservative strategy, defending and slowly wearing the marmot down.  I don't know how that marmot still has blood left.  Looks like a hit to the paw, it's not even bleeding.  Marmot Number 7 literally has no blood left.  It's tilting, it's slipping, it's DOWN!  Kakarot with the victory, a long, slow, boring battle of attrition with the little kobold with the crazy name victorious!  He's covered in dents and bruises, but he took every last one down!  A big round of applause for Tambourine.

Come back tomorrow when three gladiators take on the elusive and brutal walrus!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:05:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2010, 09:28:37 pm »

Let's go! Walrus battle!
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »

Well folks that was one hell of a round right there Ladys and Gentledwarfs, just look at the grin on that mans face, for such a small creature he can sure have a hell of a smile. In tonights or tomorows fight [times have not been anounced] we shall watch with baited breaths as 3 of our newly found gladiators fight the worlds most powerfull and natural spearman, THE WALRUS. This round is called.... BRING DOWN THE BEAST.

In BRING DOWN THE BEAST the rules are simple three gladiators duke it out with a large creature and see who wins the battle! Be there people and be ready to watch the arenas fineist fight for there lives.... and there freedom.

Also the two announcers will be going in turns playing of each other so im shure we are going to get some good installments there. Goodnight all and be back soon for the next round! Cog McAwsomeDrawBridge, singing of!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2010, 10:34:17 pm »

Ok, results for last battle means Talakiened gets 1 favour for completing the battle, and one favour for killing all 12 hoary marmots. The battle, however, was not nearly as exciting as it should have been - we'll have to come up with some better ideas in the future.

Next up will be Jaba, Marvelo, and Fluffy D vs. The Walrus. The character that gets the kill will gain an extra point of favour!

Unfortunately, I won't have time to run the match up till tomorrow.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2010, 10:40:14 pm »

Awww...

Also, I'm pretty sure it'll be me or Jaba that scores the kill. Or it'll bleed to death after one of us cuts off a flipper.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2010, 10:43:32 pm »

I could simulate this battle if you want?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2010, 10:46:00 pm »

Talakenid, gladaitor from down under...
Oh the Irony is that I myself am Aussie...

Question....
Can I bet with the favor points i will have once I can join the arena? If so, 3 points on him being brutally murdered, and I claim his spot when he dies!

Does that mean I get 3pts extra? I mean he did bet against my life and stuff...

ALSO,
I'd like to bet my favor on him winning, with minor injuries.
Do I get this Favor too???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2010, 10:55:39 pm »

Wait, so what do I gain for betting my favor and winning?
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9