Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None  (Read 11397 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Re: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 01:11:56 pm »

So what happens when someone dies and is replaced? Does the new guy get more stuff or what?
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:51 pm »

Has Doomshifter already spent his favour point through PM?  His gladiator shows a sum of four points spent.

Anyways, put me down for two more skill upgrades, across the same skills.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2010, 01:35:20 pm »

Nope, it was just a typo. :P

And can do.

And no, you don't get more stuff when replaced unless someone gives you favour - but since you'll be the teammate of another player in most matches, they might be inclined to do so.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2010, 02:20:14 pm »

Has Doomshifter already spent his favour point through PM?  His gladiator shows a sum of four points spent.

Anyways, put me down for two more skill upgrades, across the same skills.
Her, if you please.

Not to mention, I went back and fixed it. The mustachioed goblin is 100% gentlegoblin.
Till he stabs you in the eye.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2010, 02:34:12 pm »

Ah, right, sorry about that.  Forgot you were of the ladylike persuasion.

Anyways, I've just been running a few tests, and I think I may be on the road to glory...  A skilled goblin axeman with a copper axe was able to defeat (in sequence) a giant rat, giant olm, giant tiger, a gorilla, another gorilla, and a certain amount of hoary marmots with barely a scratch (in fact, his first wound was a torn cheek from the hoary marmots, who happened to be fighting amongst themselves since I'd forgotten to assign them a specific side).

However, I later sent that same goblin (now with all his extra experience) up against a swarm of 18 or so hoary marmots, this time on the same team.  He was eventually able to vanquish the horde, but was wounded in doing so.  He later went on to eviscerate a few flesh balls before finally bleeding to death.

I think that the so-called "jester round" may very well be the most daunting and dangerous event on that board.  Frankly, people will either be overwhelmed by the marmot assault, or will survive with grievous injuries and be forced to sit out a number of rounds.

I would recommend a slightly different approach...  Have a veritable sea of hoary marmots, but with all of them "independent".  The gladiator must then enter into the chaos and make their mark upon the hoary ones.  They will be ranked according to how many they managed to personally slay.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2010, 03:32:21 pm »

Can we get a log also?  The commentary is a little tl;dr and has a lot of misspellings.  I don't want to read that.

Also, Kagroth is a male.  How in the world does Kagroth Doom the Mancrusher sound like a feminine name?
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2010, 03:35:48 pm »

Yeah, he's gonna try to trim it down for the next one and give it a bit more of an overview and highlights thing (and I also want a second announcer as well).

But nuke, do feel free to post the actual logs along with your post for those who want to read them! (I don't have them any more, actually.)

And yes, I fully expect the jester round to be hilarious fun! (And is actually worth quite a bit of favour for a survivor!)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2010, 03:37:10 pm »

Unless it's a conflict of interest, I could take the second announcer position.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 03:50:58 pm »

Hmm... it might work. You wouldn't be allowed to make bets after I've sent out the results, obviously.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 03:56:51 pm »

Beginning event 2 now - Those who have unspent points of favour, now is the time to place your bets with the bookie!

I will finish it now, and send the results out to the announcers when it is done.

The next match is
Talakiened Kobold vs. a dozen hoary marmots!

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 04:04:18 pm »

------------------Betting Table------------------------

Talakiened Kobold vs. 12 Hoary Marmots.
Talakiened to Win (Total): 9 to 1 against.
Talakiened to Win (Major): 6 to 1 against.
Talakiened to Win (Minor): 3 to 1 against.
Talakiened to Lose - that is, Die Horribly: 2 to 1 Odds On!

Minimum Bet: 20 DwarfBucks OR 1 favour point, if you're in the arena.

EDIT: That's me away for the night folks, you'll recieve winnings etc when I get round to reading all the posts that have transpired.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:06:38 pm by Dr. Melon »

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 04:16:31 pm »

Can I bet with the favor points i will have once I can join the arena? If so, 3 points on him being brutally murdered, and I claim his spot when he dies!
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2010, 04:24:38 pm »

20 coins on his brutal death.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 04:29:25 pm »

It's up to Dr. Melon to take your bet, or not, but I'll allow it.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2010, 04:41:10 pm »

I'd like to bet my favor on him winning, with minor injuries.

[Edit] Also, I just noticed I put my skill into striker and not fighter. Could I switch them? I got them mixed up earlier :S
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:45:45 pm by Eztuzt »
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9