Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None  (Read 11384 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 11:10:26 am »

Possibly a starting a budget for evreyone participating and spectators who sign up? And an bigger budget for the main announcer? ;)

10 dwarf bucks on the gladiators winning

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 11:11:25 am »

Thankyou, sir. Would you like to bet on a total, major, or minor victory?

Edit: Reposting Table
-----------=Betting Table=-------------

Dumat's Gladiators V.S. The Hoard
Dumat's to Win Totally: 8 to 1 Against.
Dumat's to Win With Injuries: 4 to 1 Against.
Dumat's to Win With Deaths: 2 to 1.

Minimum Bet: 10 Dwarfbucks.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 11:18:22 am »

With injury

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 11:22:55 am »

Just a note, the dwarfbuck bets are just a fun thing for out of game players and don't mean much - Actual gladiators, though (and players with favour in the bank) can bet favour on matches once they have earned some, and the bookie will handle it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 11:57:53 am »

First event complete. The announcer will be with you shortly. ^_^

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 12:05:19 pm »

My name is Kagroth Doom the Man-slayer, not Kagroth "Doom the Man-Slayer"

First Kagroth, Surname Doom, title The Man-Slayer.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 12:08:50 pm »

You don't get surnames, slave! Well you do, but you only get to choose from Goblin, Elf, and Kobold. And actually it isn't so much "choose".

You can buy a surname with three favour though. ^_^

For now, I will just drop the Doom...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:05 pm »

On the phone with my Slave Union representative right now.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:31 pm »

Oh no! Not a union! We don't allow unions in THIS here fort (at least not among the slaves).

Bring out the union breaker!

:a Bronze Collosus has entered the map:
:A Bronze Collosus pinches a Slave Union representative in the head:
:The Union is broken!:

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 12:24:03 pm »

Can I replace the first death, since I was the first person after the cutoff? I want a go :(
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 12:24:53 pm »

Oh no! Not a union! We don't allow unions in THIS here fort (at least not among the slaves).

Bring out the union breaker!

:a Bronze Collosus has entered the map:
:A Bronze Collosus pinches a Slave Union representative in the head:
:The Union is broken!:
Stop spawning megabeasts left and right or I'll get my Avatar of Armok down here.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 12:30:28 pm »

All right, LADYS AND GENTLEDWARFS! It appears the gate keepers have let them in! It looks like they are a group of giant rats! Kagroth is straight of the gate heading straight towards one of the frount rats as Shem'et folows behind! Kagroth is in there with the first blow of the fight dealing the rat a harsh blow on one of there back legs ripping the skin apart! Shem'et and Ame close behind, Kagroth knows they have to get in there points! Kagroth is in again dealing a harsh wound to the same rats lower body tearing apart the muscle and what apears to be the kidney! Another rat has a go at her but with inelven speed she jumps away! Ame is in on the game but before she can even deliver a blow a rat jumps out and grasps her by the arm, who is as soon shaken off by Ame! Kagroth charges at a rat from behind geting it by a surprise and with a flick of her wrist CKKGHHhh! Off sails its head! One point to Kagroth!

A giant rat has a go at Kagroth again but is blocked! Ame, after being knocked down by a rat is back up and into the fight! Shem'et arrives on the scene with a devestating blow to a rats leg cutting one of its muscles!
The rat, injured has a go at the crafty goblin who easily blocks it. Acanthus finaly gets to the action tearing a hunk of fat out of one of the vermin! Ame stabs a rat straight through the gut causing it to vomit over the ground! Its a sick sight folks! The goblins at it again and with a swish of there axe, a rats paw goes flying into the croud! Theres style points there! Half a point! Ame cuts another rat in the leg making the leg go limp from cut nerves! The rat that Shem'et had a go at before is dead on the ground from blood loss! Point to that goblin we are all starting to love!

Kagroth is back at again slicing open a rats artery it apears, but yet again Acanthus is nowhere to be seen.A rat vomits again from the intense amount of pain it is having, all over the feet of Kagroth! They arent happy folks! The goblin comes in again deactivating another rats leg, Ame is charged and knocked over! The rat kagroth sliced before has died after vomiting multiple times! POINT TO KAGROTH!

A giant rat jumps onto Ame tearing there skin open, and they promptely jump up and chuck them off. Acunthus is back in the game and slices a muscle apart before colliding with the rat and wrestling it. Shem'et has another go at a rat, ANOTHER DEATH. POINT TO SHEM'ET.Acunthus has got a dam good hit and... THUNK! There goes a leg! The rat is stabed in the lower body before being finished with a slice to the heart! 1 POINT TO ACUNTHUS and ONE POINT for style and flair!

A rat wakes up from being knocked out only to have its ass kicked and killed my AME! POINT for death and another for surprise atack!

Acunthus after stabing a rat has lost her sword in it, so instead punches the thing in its lower body making the rat look dam well sick! They get there sword back and cut a rats artery! The rat in counter atack bites there aarm breaking the skin! Another rat is sent to its death bed by the goblin, quickly folowed by a rat stabed to death by Ame! POINT to Ame and Shem'et!

All of a suden there is a team kill between Acunthus, the goblin and Kagroth as Acunthus and Kagroth hit the poor thing in the chest Shem'et finishs the deal by chopping it's whole bottem half off. 2 POINTS to the 3!

The gatekeepers have let some monkeys in by the looks and there all over the place. As they are killed so fast all i can say is each man got 2 kills there. POINTS TO ALL

A new creature is is an... [whispering] An toroglodyte?? What the hell? The Goblin strikes 2, Acunthus and Kagroth strike 1 each and Ame takes an astounding 4 down! POINT TIME

The fight is concluding the fighters having down well theres 4 left and..... OOOO Ame has been hit on the leg hard by a bite ripping part of a muscle out! Oh god thats got to hurt theres blood evrey where! Even injured they continue to fight, with Ame geting her revenge by finishing off the beast.Shem'et cleanly cleaves off another head, Kagroth bleeds another to death and Acunthus gets a grotty fight to the death with another before ripping a paw off in wrestling....

And so folks thats the end of round one, im dam tired of talking and i feel like im going to fall over so i hope you enjoyed it. Before i go how ever... The winner is....... Shem'et with an amasing point mass of 11.5, folowed by Ame with 11, and Kagroth and Acunthus tied at 9! The head judges will decide who comes third and second latter according to style and flair. Goodnight folks! Cog McAwsomeDrawBridge signing out and dont make fun of my name!

Sorry for how long it took but dam this took some effort. I hope you enjoyed it!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:54:07 pm by nuker w »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 12:38:15 pm »

Nice blow-by-blow.

Anyways, the results of the battle are:
Everyone survives!
All four gladiators gain one favour.
For leading in kills and points, Shem'et gets an additional point of favour.

The introductory match has been completed. Gladiators! Do not expect your next fight to be so easy!

There were a few injuries, but none were serious enough to require sitting out the next round or result in skill loss.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:45:56 pm by GlyphGryph »

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 12:56:27 pm »

This counts as a MAJOR VICTORY. Note: Betting will now have you bet on 4 outcomes: Total Victory, Major Victory, Minor Victory, and Failure.
Cog McAwesomeDrawBridge wins back 80 DwarfBucks from his bet, plus the original 10 he bet.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 01:04:43 pm »

Ka-Ching!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9