Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None  (Read 11388 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: 8
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 08:29:44 am »

Name: Arwoh
Race: Elf
Starting Equipment: Bronze Spear, Wooden shield, Wooden breastplate
Manager: Kikrost
Skills: 2 Training, 1 equipment Upgrade (Lvl 2 Dodger,Lvl 1 Spear User)
Remaining Favour: 0
 lemme join 2~!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:35:47 am »

Hi i see you allready have max amount but if you get a free spot at all i'll take it, so ill give you the specs....

Name: Von Jacman "Keeper" The second
Race: Kobold
Starting Equipment: Wooden Scimitar, Wood Mask, Wood Shield
Manager: Dumat
Skills:Level 2 Dodger, Swordsman, Fighter, Shield user
Remaining Favour: 1x Health, x2 skills

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:04 am »

Hello replacements!
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:17 am »

...So start already.
I gotta sleep, ya know!

Anyways, yes, the max has been reached. Others, there's no stack, so keep your characters at the ready to jump in when a slot opens up! Since you posted a character, you only need to post "I'm in!" to take the slot at this point.

Updating first post with gladiators...

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 10:10:21 am »

Hey what about me?

EDIT: Oh, I was 9th :(
Since there are 12 people, a nice, round number, can you allow all 12 of us to participate? Please?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:14:25 am by Huggz »
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 10:12:49 am »

8 slots total, you were just after the cut off. Sorry.

Though if yours really was right before Acanthus's... blegh.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 10:17:25 am »

As I said in the edit, can you do a 12-person tournament? I really want a go :-/
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 10:17:46 am »

I can be Bookie if you want.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 10:19:06 am »

Gladiators Posted.
And sorry, maybe later, but I just don't think I can handle 12. Also, I'm sure a spot will open up soon.

Okay, everyone is sitting on a bench at the auction block...

Your respective managers make their entrance, and look each of you up and down before dragging you off. After some brief training and a doling out of equipment, they feel you are ready for the next season of the Arena!

Round 1
  • Hold off the Horde: A team of 4 Gladiators must hold off against three waves of monsters, each progressively more difficult.[/b]
  • Jester Event - Behold! The Hoary Marmot! A single gladiator faces off against a dozen hoary marmots. Who will be victorious!?
  • Bring Down the Beast: A group of 3 gladiators must work together to bring down Nature's Speardwarf - the Walrus.

Since no one has any favour to jig things around, the events will commence immediately!

Note: I don't suppose anyone knows how to name people in the Arena?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:26:07 am by GlyphGryph »

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 10:28:28 am »

Assume control of a dwarf, then go to status, then customise. They'll still be called "Goblin 1" or whatever when you look at them with the cursor, but the combat reports will use the custom names.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:30:28 am by Dr. Melon »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:06 am »

Cool, thanks. You are officially Bookie now, as well.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 10:38:25 am »

How does one export the announcements? Is it possible to dump them in a file?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 10:40:17 am »

Heeeellllllooooooo and WELCOME to whats bound to be a cracker of a day here at the newly founded arena here. My name is Cog McAwsomeDrawBridge and I am going to be your host today! And yes I know my last name is stuffed up but I dont give a.... [Loud shouting heard folowed by sound of punching and swearing] .... Dont forget your contract dam it.....
Ahem, sorry for that interferance people, we had a slight "breach" of contract according to my manager. As I was saying before i was rudely interupted we shure have a fine line up today of newly caught gladiators, fresh from the most distant outpost we could find, so im shure there nice and fluffed up, I can ashure you. Before we get started lets have a look at todays line up!

All the way from the elven forests of god knows where we are proud to have today Ame "The Steel Wood of Bad Timing", Kagroth "Doom the Man-Slayer" and Acanthus the Elf!

Slighty closer found to home we have the Kobold fighters from there underground caves! Comonly known for there child snatching, theivery and general anoyance these few fighters have the chance to make up for there races faults! Featuring are Talakiened the Kobold and Fluffy "D Stroyer"!

Also often seen in this part of the woods we have the green wrinkled smelly things we all love to hate from there mighty towers of rock Goblins! [Booing and spiting] Oooo, not such a croud favorite here folks, but im shure they can make up for all there race's mistakes with amazing fighting. Featuring are Marvello "the Amazing", Shem'et the Goblin and Jaba Wock the Goblin!

An amazing line up today folks, im shure its gona be a goody! Sit back, relax and enjoy the show which is due to start some time soon!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:43:01 am by nuker w »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 10:51:22 am »

Alright Ladys and Gentledwarfs the show is about to roll! We have all four of dumat's gladiators fighting for there lives in Hold, hold, Hold.... HOLD OFF THE HOARD! Thats right ladys and gentledwarfs the show is about to beguin! The rules of HOLD OFF THE HOARD! are simple. 4 dwarfs must survive against slowly progressingly harder creatures in a fight to the death! The dwarves who survive shall go onto the next round! The gladiators are: Ame, Kagroth, Shem'eth, and Acanthus! There arena is the empty pit OF DOOM to the north and they have there weapons, wits and armour ready to roll! Hold your breaths people, because this is going to be BIG!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:53:08 am by nuker w »

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 11:08:27 am »

You can place bets here, at the Bookkeepers.
-----------=Betting Table=-------------

Dumat's Gladiators V.S. The Hoard
Dumat's to Win Totally: 8 to 1 Against.
Dumat's to Win With Injuries: 4 to 1 Against.
Dumat's to Win With Deaths: 1 to 1.

Place your bets now, ladies and gents! Dumat's Heroes! You can, of course, bet on the opposition.
Minimum bet: 10 DwarfBucks
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:10:37 am by Dr. Melon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9