Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None  (Read 11383 times)

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: [Arena Challenge] Gladiator Arena - Slots Open: None
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2010, 01:21:06 pm »

I shall join the janitor crew to assist in the killings of those sentient ants, and gain a reward that could push me ahead.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2010, 02:01:47 pm »

Sign me up for the Janitor Crew after Tal has done some Training.
Spending both points earned last battle on training naturally...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2010, 02:32:55 pm »

I'm in.  Shem'et could use a little more exercise...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2010, 02:48:35 pm »

Hello ladys and gentledwarf, welcome to another event from the arena! Proudly supported by AwsomeDrawBridge Limited. Today we have the mighty mighty Walrus verse the 3 brave gladiators Marvello, Fluffy and Jabba Wock in BRING DOWN THE BEAST. In BRING DOWN THE BEAST the rules are DEAD SIMPLE [Get it? Get it?]. The 3 gladiators must kill the beast, in this case the Walrus and so stand above nature its self!

Indeed, and greetings to all! This is General Kogan Deepwatch, in as guest announcer for this very special matchup we've got for you today. I've seen some strange battles in my years, where Elves and their beasts are involved, but nothing like this! We've gathered 4 of the biggest, meanest Walruses from the icy northern coasts, and brought them together to battle 3 of our seasoned pit-fighters... without further ado, lets bring out the gladiators! Now the objectives of this match are simple; the three combatants are working together to Bring Down the Beast, and as each is beaten a new one will be released.

First we see Marvello the Amazing, clapping his shield and spear together as he waves to the stands. He certainly knows how to work the crowd, with that big toothy grin, and that fantastic mustache. He calls himself a goblin, but with a lipwig that grand, he might as well be half-dwarf! Next comes Jaba Wock, toting his polished copper axe, and walking out into the arena with a cool, observant look. It's tough to know what he's thinking, but when it comes to the arena he's all business. Finally, slinking in third we have the kobold Fluffy D. Stroyer, looking worriedly between the crowd, the other combatants, and the gate where the beasts are kept. That sword's practically as big as he is, but he's got it held in a deathgrip.

Looks like the handlers are getting ready to open the gates, and here we go! The Walrus is hopping out of the gate now and... wait a moment, does it have- why yes, that Walrus is covered in armor! Looks like the blacksmiths have been busy creating custom Iron Barding to fit the great beast! I think the gladiators are about as surprised as I am to see this! All three of them are taken aback, setting themselves for the beast, as it charges them! Most of their weapons clang off the iron barding to no effect, but Marvello manages to catch it a glancing blow to the face and- oh! Marvello is knocked down by a sweep of its head! It readies its huge, yellow tusks for a killing stab downward, but the Goblin tumbles backward and back to his feet. That could have been ugly!

While it's occupied with Marvello, Fluffy has gotten into a flanking position, and brings his shortsword across the Walrus's back... but it just clangs off the barding! I looks like he's realized that he's not going to be getting through that armor. Jaba has been staying back, maybe waiting for an opening, or maybe studying the battle carefully. Looks like he might even be laughing as Fluffy's sword hacks uselessly against the armored Walrus. The beast whirls around toward the Kobold, and bullrushes him, but he nimbly dodges to the left, and then the right... and it looks like Fluffy scored a deep blow to a exposed front flipper, slicing through to the bone, before getting stuck!

Jaba Wock has picked this moment to join the fray, heaving his axe once, and again against the iron barding, only barely denting it. Marvello seems to have caught an idea from Fluffy, and catches it in another of its flippers with a thrust of his spear, and Jaba brings his axe down on a third. The Walrus is not looking pleased!

<More after this Break>

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2010, 02:59:07 pm »

If four gladiators aside from Ame join the antman slaughter, he's in with em. Any less than that and I don't think we stand a chance, unless we pull a Jesus.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2010, 09:04:36 pm »

I have to ask, is it a great axe or a battle axe, that I have?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2010, 09:36:58 pm »

I will join if everyone else joins.  Otherwise, no way.
Shoes...

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2010, 02:27:51 am »

I volunteer, thus making four and causing Ame to join. Unless I die horribly.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:31:26 am by Spartan 117 »
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2010, 04:28:35 pm »

I believe we could stand a good chance in the janitorial crew. I just put Ame up against 40 antmen, solo to see what could happen.

He was completely unharmed until he passed out from exhaustion, where he wasn't dented or scratched or anything. Then he passed out. They beat him to death after that. I looked at the antmen and got about half a page of red on 10 of them.

Right now Ame's body is lying peacefully in a pool of antman ichor and vomit. Also, a few ant wings.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2010, 12:06:30 am »

Okay, everyone's been confirmed for the cleanup crew!

Just as a note, the antmen ARE armed (though any skills they have are middling, and their weapons will be crappy. Probably wood clubs/shields/spears).

They inform you of this about the time they shove you into the arena with a couple other fellas.

Also, I wanted to run this tonight, but I got trapped inside a building for a couple hours by zombies before I could give 'em the slip. They chased when they noticed of course, but it was too late by then - I was in my car and driving away before they ever came close.

Then I went back, because the few who had followed me attacked another group of humans, and went to take them out from behind. They were kind of my zombies since they were following me, so I felt responsible.

The zombies dead, I retreated for good, but not with enough time to run the tournament. Sorry guys!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2010, 01:25:20 am »

Congratulations, GlyphGryph, you just made my day.

I was lazily skimming over your post to see why that last battle never seemed to reach a conclusion and didn't quite realise what you said. "Yeah, something about you were busy... mhm.. zombies.. wait..." Then I read the whole thing.

Amazing.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]