Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: So Lonely  (Read 5500 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: So Lonely
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 04:10:40 pm »

Also, it's probably odd I don't ever really feel lonely. The only time I'm lonely is when I'm incapable of having ANY social contact and I have nothing to do, which is very rare.
Same here, but when I do get like that I take a walk down to the town, or wherever there are people. I don't even do much there, just take a walk around the park, look for a good book in the library, say "Hi" to some people as they go past... It's easy, you should try it.

But the best advice is to join a club. I suggest a wargaming club as everyone at those is always really friendly, just not Warhammer/40k, the people that play that tend to be douches.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 05:56:05 pm »

Excuse me, but I would like to have a thrilling conversation with you about how much blood the corpses of the Japanese fill the rivers with during the battle of Hokepokesaki.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »

If I want to get to know somebody new, I just start making a hell of a lot of noise about some society-wide matter that interests me. Eventually (as I somehow manage to always disagree with the multitude) about ninety percent will either hate or be irritated by me, and the other ten will love me!

It's what I did on school, but somehow everyone in my class both gets irritated by me and likes me a lot at the same time.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 04:43:40 pm »

I was lonely till I met bay12. Now I have lots of bay12 friends :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2010, 06:21:35 pm »

Am I weird for not making actual "friends" on the internets?

I mean, I play left 4 dead (1 and 2) and got a few (20-or so) people that have added me as friends. But none of them appeal to me as "Friendworthy"... I also have not added anyone from bay12.

It should be noted that I have real life friends (1 which I live with), 3 who has moved a long way away, a few randoms, and random others who are semi-friends (read: People I know better than "hi, how are you?")
Somehow I feel content, I know quite a few people, but only a few I consider "friendworthy", but still feel like I missed something due to peer-pressure (internet-pressure :P )
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2010, 06:26:26 pm »

Internet friends are cool and all, but you can't go bowling, or get ice cream, or watch a movie, or drink alcohol, or have orgies with them.  Internet friends are no substitute to real friends.
Shoes...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 06:29:18 pm »

Your best friends are the ones you can have ice-cream licking, drunken orgies while watching movies at the bowling alley with.

That being said it's been good lately to be out partying again.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 06:37:57 pm »

Your best friends are the ones you can have ice-cream licking, drunken orgies while watching movies at the bowling alley with.

This is basically almost anyone you're out drunk with.

..Ok, anyone I'm out drunk with that I consider friendworthy
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]