Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a basic suggestion  (Read 485 times)

link6065

• Bay Watcher
  • Willist thou fight, or die trying.
    • View Profile
a basic suggestion
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:00:43 pm »

okay this is just a basic suggestion and could have already been thought about at some point.. anyway let me know what you think.

Buildable or buyable boats: This would expand the game here and there. You could buy crews for the boat, if boats were only buyable and not buildable Toady would probably have to incorperate Harbor citys/towns. Which would lead to possibly an extra skill for the sake of the thread i would call it Seafaring. After all this it could even make an appearence in fortress mode. where if your close to large open waters trade boats will arrive. Or just trading over seas where Caravans would transport goods to a harbor, on a boat, across the ocean, to another harbor then directly to your fortress. If it was buildable as an adventurer then you would probably need to beable to get wood. for example using an axe on a tree will harold a log for a small raft. Perhaps you need three logs and a rope and you can sail. and if you can think of how stearing it would work by all means add to it!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:24:24 pm by link6065 »

link6065

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a basic suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:04:27 pm »

Also with the raft idea. it could stray off in other directions such as camping. Being able to cut kindling from a tree, would make small camp fires easily accessable without burning down an entire forest or setting an entire tree aflame

link6065

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:10:37 pm »

another idea for alot further in the future.

Is

TO

MAKE AN ADVENTURE MODE WORLD AND MAKE IT A MMORPG. Complete with chat. :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:28:12 pm by link6065 »

pubby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:21:41 pm »

This is an original idea.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:12:14 pm »

Agreed.

I would actually prefer, before boats, a working economy and military.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

link6065

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:23:04 pm »

I would actually prefer, before boats, a working economy and military.

Thank you both for your input. :) I'm glad to see I have ideas with some originality, not to tute my own horn or anything but i think there may actually be potental to the whole boat seafairing thing. However
I can agree with you on that one. Fortunatly thats already part of the game and is being worked on. :) I cant wait to see what the future holds for DF. The idea of integrated history of all living subjects and a unique world generator are true wonders in there own right. Very original. But like the Dwarf Talk says, every thing helps.

and for any others if you like this idea, please help expand it and help it get noticed.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:49:17 am »

I'm glad to see I have ideas with some originality

I believe he was being sarcastic.

Also use a decent title, it's hard enough to look at new suggestions as it without a topic called suggestion in the suggestions forum....

As Siliverionmox said your suggestion has been mentioned a number of times, it would be a better use of creative talent to read those and add to them than just re-suggest the same idea.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd