Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [Community] The Last Stand.  (Read 3588 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] The Last Stand.
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 10:05:13 am »

Epic.

I CAN HAS DWARF NOW?

Derm
hm... AxeDwarf
I CALL MILITA COMMANDER!
Is unusually cheery and bubbly and frankly kinda loopy, but turns into what some experts may call "Armok Damned Frightening" In Combat.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 06:57:29 pm »

Making a temple. I wonder how that one will go. In between being invaded by titans. I wonder if there is a cave system in the mountain, or an eerie cavern.

A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Areku

• Bay Watcher
  • Merry Christmas to all ye landlubbers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 10:26:02 am »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Cheese's logs, 15th Malachite, 5002:
   How... How long has it been since my last entry? A long time, I guess. Oh well, had no time to write. Armok's message was a breath of fresh air for this fortress: it is now bustling with activity. Most everyone is working on digging out the temple's main structure, but there were a few other changes, such as Smurf's memorial finally being completed. I also spent some time talking to the turtle demon, and got some things cleared out. It was her, apparently, who possessed me before, and also who had tricked Innu into attacking her statue instead of the fortress.
...Truth be told, I still get a bit creeped out whenever I talk into that shoe.

Big Cheese's logs, 16th Malachite, 5002:
   Armok has spoken once again! Felcis, our clothier/leatherworker has started running around grabbing material for some kind of secret project! Could this be the sign that the recording spoke of? I'm putting her profile here:

Big Cheese's logs, 21st Malachite, 5002:
   Today, Felcis completed her secret project. It's a pig tail left mitten. With spikes of pig tail. Yeah. When I asked her if it was Armok's left mitten or something like that, she answered "No, it's just a really cool mitten". I asked her if it at least had some special use, such as letting you hold molten metal or shoot rays out of your hand, and she said "Yes, it makes your left hand all warm and cozy!". Needless to say, miss felcis is currently taking part in our military. As an archery target. (But we gave her a spear, just for good measure.)

Big Cheese's logs, 22nd Galena, 5002:
   Today, carpfish gave birth to a boy. While climbing across the temple's scaffolding. Good thing the kid landed on his feet, or we would have some nasty stains on our recently-engraved floor.

Big Cheese's logs, 16th Limestone, 5002:
   With the main structure carved out, most of the workforce is now decorating the temple's walls. Although some have some slightly... odd preferences. Such as:

Well, the name is fitting, but Geti's not gonna be too happy. Even though he does like donkeys. Nearly as much as he likes robes:

Big Cheese's logs, 19th Limestone, 5002:
   A couple racoons have entered the fortress. Obviously, everyone has freaked out and is running for their lives. The most reasonable behaviour when facing such a threat. Yeah.

Big Cheese's logs, 20th Limestone, 5002:
   OK, I admit that the racoons were kinda scary. I've managed to lock one of them inside our dining hall, until we get the cage traps ready. Bad thing it's not a breeding pair, or we'd have a good source of *racoon leather caps*. Wait... Isn't MY SHOE inside the tower?! QUICK, LOCK THE DOORS, YOU FOOLS! OMG WATCH THE OTHER ONE! IT'S GOT A WARHAMMER! GANG UP ON IT BOYS!

Big Cheese's logs, 21st Limestone, 5002:
   The racoon menace has been defeated. It's warhammer-brandishing madness shall threaten us no more. Though I admit sending four soldiers on him was a bit overkill.

And the other one has been captured, so my shoe is safe once again.

Big Cheese's logs, 25th Limestone, 5002:
   Some of the legends of this land are quite interesting, I admit. For instance, take this one:

...Must've been one helluva hug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, not much happened again. Sorry if I didn't dorf all the people who asked, but no migrants have shown up in quite some time.
"And apparently your daughter likes to eat live cats"
                              - Legacy of Fíma succession game, fort two, said by Big Cheese, weaponsmith, about Duh102's daughter. (Not that you know any of these dwarves)

Areku

• Bay Watcher
  • Merry Christmas to all ye landlubbers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 04:33:00 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, not much happened again. Sorry if I didn't dorf all the people who asked, but no migrants have shown up in quite some time.

Big Cheese's logs, 2nd Moonstone, 5002:
   Winter has come. The temple is drawing closer to completion, though progress is slow. Today, I engraved a picture of a shield near the end of the north wall on the third floor. Duh has been trying to tame that raccoon we had caught, but it seems the thing is just too exotic. I also ate some wild strawberries, and- *click*

The image froze. Armok had pressed the 'Pause' button on the tele-greaves. He turned his holo-shoe on and made a call to Kulur.

"Kulur. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that the local godhood statute requires me to watch the whole building of the temple in real time? 'Cause I'm bored to death here."
"I thought you were immortal."
"Oh, just cut the chatter, will you?"
"OK, OK, Mr. 'I am too important to understand jokes'. The rules were very particular about it. Apparently, time-travelling is quite frowned upon in this world, specially since that cyclops killed his own grandfather before being born, and so on. Frankly, I don't get why you're in such a hurry, you should try to enjoy the ride, like I do."
"You're a carping turtle, for Cacame's sake!"

He hung up and cursed for a few seconds. He, the great God of Blood, stuck in a worthless world, watching the most boring fortress ever for months, and with a speaking turtle as his assistant. Back in Snospdabuzong, where he'd stayed on vacation last century, he always had at least some three tall blondes around him, and could jump back and forth in time at will. He looked at the 'fast forward' button on the telegreaves Surely it would do no harm if... No, it was too risky. He just couldn't do it.

A few seconds later, he obviously did it.

All together now!

*FAST FORWARD IN TIMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

And so a few months later...

The game crashed. And crashed again, and again, and again. And again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and againagainagainagainagainagainagain. So guess what, the save is unplayable. A bit of an anticlimatic ending, I know. But it was better than just letting the fort die out slowly, since it was, truth be told, boring as hell during the last months. -.-"
Sorry for all the involved, but this is the end of the last stand. It was kinda fun, y'know, so I guess I'll do another comm fortress later. Hopefully in a world with more peope alive. :P
"And apparently your daughter likes to eat live cats"
                              - Legacy of Fíma succession game, fort two, said by Big Cheese, weaponsmith, about Duh102's daughter. (Not that you know any of these dwarves)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]