Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: THIS is being addicted to DF. Seriously.  (Read 8934 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: THIS is being addicted to DF. Seriously.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 03:30:31 am »

"What's the sum of 2 and 2?"
"MAGMA!"
"Good answer, Urist. Have a gold elf corpse."
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 03:33:16 am »

"How did I do teacher?"
"F-"
"Yaaay! fun!"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 05:39:17 am »

"How did I do teacher?"
"F-"
"Yaaay! fun!"

Sigged for making me lol.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 12:36:14 pm »

Finally, I wrote something sig worthy. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 01:24:04 am »

For my last history essay, I wrote about Armok, God of Blood. My instructor wrote a large red "21%" at the top of my paper.

All I can think of is that the magma pipe is nearly empty and the cheese is on fire.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 01:50:39 am »

For my last history essay, I wrote about Armok, God of Blood. My instructor wrote a large red "21%" at the top of my paper.

All I can think of is that the magma pipe is nearly empty and the cheese is on fire.
He is obviously an elven spy, trying to distract you! Quick, pull your school's lever!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 02:15:37 am »

In a Dwarven school, the fire lever would not call the fire department, but rather ignite individuals at random.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 08:25:53 pm »

In a Dwarven school, the fire lever would not call the fire department, but rather ignite individuals at random.

sigg'd

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 08:28:24 pm »

How did the guy even manage to get 21% out of that? I mean really...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »

Okay, that is awesome. And how many sig's have there been in this thread? It's still on the first page (in largest view)!

I have the overwhelming desire to write something sig-worthy now.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 08:44:23 pm »

Okay, that is awesome. And how many sig's have there been in this thread? It's still on the first page (in largest view)!

I have the overwhelming desire to write something sig-worthy now.

Here's a tip; do it when you are really, really sleepy. :P

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »

I wondered why Legolas didn't eat all those yummy dead goblins and Orcs in LOTR, and why the fuck Gimli didn't just activate the magma pumps on those Uruk-Hai.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »

I wondered why Legolas didn't eat all those yummy dead goblins and Orcs in LOTR, and why the fuck Gimli didn't just activate the magma pumps on those Uruk-Hai.

Man, hobbits need to be in this game now. I have a desperate urge to punt them.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 11:21:24 pm »

sigg'd

One step closer to my taking over the world...

LOTR elves have [EAT_JUNK_FOOD:UNTHINKABLE]. Pippin actually did pull Moria's doomsday lever, but it woke up the Balrog instead of getting rid of the goblins.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 11:42:35 pm »

Quote from: Acanthus117. klink=topic=53227.msg1158394#msg1158394 date=1271036889

LOTR elves have [EAT_JUNK_FOOD:UNTHINKABLE]. Pippin actually did pull Moria's doomsday lever, but it woke up the Balrog instead of getting rid of the goblins.

No, you've got it all wrong. Gimmli threatened to open the magma pumps at treebeard if legolas ate them, and releasing the Spirits-o-FUN was the doomsday device. The error was that they depicted the Hidden Chamber of Fun as only holding one spirit. And the fact that it was killed by a human. Seriously, I mean... Gandalf didn't even have an axe, and he was Adequate Swordsman at most. Besides, the [IGNITE_POINT] on the clothes, staff, and skin would have rendered him a !!Grey Wizard!! long before he could fall down the chasm, much less climb the endless staircase. And chasm creatures (Skeletal Giant Cave Swallows, anyone?) would have finished off the fellowship post-haste.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3