Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12243 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 12: Lobster Fest, A Compass, and Slimed.
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2010, 10:45:17 pm »

Try and get this gunk off in the river.

Edit: Ah, I usually don't read through everyone else's turns to closely til I've posted an action, I missed that they actually finished it off.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:55:28 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2010, 10:51:34 pm »

Try and get this gunk off in the river. Do so somewhere far away from the big monster if possible.

What monster? The one they just killed?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2010, 11:18:59 pm »

Drag that thing back into base and drink some water

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2010, 05:57:04 am »

Take the claw I ripped off and see if I can combine it with my stick to fashion a better weapon.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2010, 06:14:56 am »

I use thick vines to create a thick rope ladder style construct, then tie it to a tree and throw the loose end into the hole.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2010, 05:12:21 pm »

Waltz through the door. WALTZ.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2010, 02:33:04 pm »

Drag the creature out of the water, with help from my fellows.

I bet that chitin can be used for armor, you guys.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2010, 03:28:33 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.

Help drag the thing out of the water. Try and carefully remove the exoskeleton for later crafting.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2010, 04:00:07 pm »

hey, im going to vacation tommorow soooo.... if i don;t post any action do something usefull for the team as priority. because i don't know if i will hae acces to a computer!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2010, 07:18:12 pm »

Turn 13

PCs Turn!

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Waltz through the door. WALTZ.

[3] You head towards the doorway. However, you cannot simply *walk*. You must *Waltz*. As you move in a 5/4 Time waltz. Or, try to, anyway. Your stance falters,

your rythmn is off, and generally it is a very sloppy affair. Still, you make it through the doorway, and find yourself in a cold hallway, with clwar windows

displaying various creatures. Some are insectoid, some are aquatic, one looks human. The hallway extends for some distance, and it's fairly creepy. You feel pretty

comfortable here.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I use thick vines to create a thick rope ladder style construct, then tie it to a tree and throw the loose end into the

hole.

[3+1] You find several vines, mostly fairly thick. Your knowledge of engineering leads you to braid the vine and tie it securely to a large tree, which will hold

it secure. You throw down the length of your vine rope, and it drops down to the floor of the cavern underneath. You pull on the lenth of rope and it feels secure.

You are pretty certain that it will work as a rope.

Gained: Mechanical Engineering +1 Exp

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Take the claw I ripped off and see if I can combine it with my stick to fashion a better weapon.

[2] You decide that the claw would make a pretty awesome weapon. Much better than, say, a gun. Nope, you want to beat the fuck out of stuff with a big ass claw you

ripped off a giant crab/lobster thing. You make your way to shore and grab some vines, and tie your claw to your stick. Excited with the prospect of beating stuff

with this thing, you wave it around in the air. The claw falls off the flimisly created club/claw thing, and you look sad. Awwww!

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Drag the creature out of the water, with help from my fellows.

[1+1] You grab on to what is left of the shellfish creature ajnd start pulling on it. Ugh! So heavy! You pull and pull, but your feel slip in the sand, the water

pulls at your clothes, and you generally kind of suck. You fail to help any with getting the creature out of the water. Noticing Jets, though, you decide to help

him and pull him up.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Drag that thing back into base and drink some water

[1 (CritFail Guard because of your teammates)] You are thirsty. So thirsty. You are pulling on the husk of the creature, thinking of only satiating your own

thirst. You slide around in the muck of the river, splashing around. You fakll in and start gulping down water, because hey, why not? You are drinking down sweet

brown river water into your lungs when Markus grabs you and pulls you out, letting you breathe some. The nerve!

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Help drag the thing out of the water. Try and carefully remove the exoskeleton for later crafting.

[5] Watching Markus flounder around then save Jets, and Jets general incopetence, you sigh, inwardly. You grab the shell of the thing, and pull! You drag, and

heave, pulling the heavy beast up onto the shore, with your compatriots 'helping' by gulping down river water and almost killing themselves. You move to the

carcass and start butchering it, setting aside the exoskeleton for later use, the hard shell collecting in a pile near you.

Gained: Butchering: +2 Exp

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
Try and get this gunk off in the river.

[6] You start castng about for a way to get this gooey crap off your clothes. You run around, rather randomly, then hear the sound of rushing water! You run for

the water and find the bank, jumping in! You start pulling at your clothes, hoping the high reactivity of water will help you get this gunk off. You pull at your

clothesm using tem to wipe up the goo, until you pull them all from your body. You are now gunk free, but naked and carrying all your gear in your hands.

NPC's Turn!

All dead.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 13: Popsicle Men and Goo-B-Gone!
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »

I yell twice to let the others know where we are, then I descend into the hole and follow Kat, spear at the ready (After descending).

Hint: If you're typing turns in notepad, toggle wordwrap before copying the text to get rid of the annoying spaces.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2010, 07:28:56 pm »

Steal a set of warm clothes from Markus and put them on. All without being seen. I shall be a geneticist/ninja!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2010, 07:31:03 pm »

I search for a way to harvest the creatures blood.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »

Follw Kat and Frederick. And try the spear again while Im at it.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2010, 09:24:32 pm »

Craft a sweet set of shell armor.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14