Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12249 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 10: Burning Babies and Water Foul
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:47 pm »

...I don't like your last post. You're evil, I know it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2010, 10:21:09 pm »

He's the GM, causing us pain is his job. Also, I have spotted an error in the last turn... that I do not want fixed.

I need more data! I seek out another man-beast(or anything else similar), being careful not to be spotted.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2010, 11:26:42 pm »

Run over to the river and try to rescue Jess.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:36:33 am by Flintus10 »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2010, 12:10:43 am »

While my military 3 year old instincts hop back in MUST SAVE JES!!! poke in the water with the thnder stick and get him out of the water

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:34 am »

He's the GM, causing us pain is his job. Also, I have spotted an error in the last turn... that I do not want fixed.

Yeah, that should have been a 6. Ah well.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »

Turn 11

PCs Turn!

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Laugh manically and run in the opposite direction of the noise.

[6] (I swear to God I don't know how you keep getting these successes) You hear the scream, and everyone starts running for the source of it. Not you, though. Those fools. Those utter fools! Haha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You let out a wild, diabolic laugh and start running, running through the Jungle and away from your sad pile of burning creatures. Still cackling, you move quickly through the trees, and small bird-things, insects and other small creatures flee your path as you run. You are just moving through a small clearing when the ground under you gives way, and you fall down a hole. [6+1] (How do you keep doing that?) Not only are you not hurt, you land cleanly on your feet. You're in an open area, maybe 15 feet down from the hole you fell into. It's dark all around you, but you see a softly glowing blue light up ahead, probably 50 feet away.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Sprint towards then bank, and begin looking in the water.

[2] Being that you are already at the bank of the river, you look around in the water for signs of Jess and the creature. She comes up, thrashing. You pace back and forth, not quite willing to go into the water just yet. You extend your club out toward her, but she's in real trouble here, and has no chance in seeing it or even being able to reach it. More drastic action is required. [1] You can't seem to make out what has her or how it has her.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
While my military 3 year old instincts hop back in MUST SAVE JES!!! poke in the water with the thnder stick and get him out of the water

[1] You rush to the south along with everyone else, your Shock Spear held at the ready. As you arrive, you see Jess thrashing in the water with something attacking her. [4] Through a surge in the water, you manage to get a clear look at what has her. It almost looks like a giant Lobster or Crawfish, but it has no tail and only two large, thick legs. You decide to spear it with the electric spear, and hurl it at the creature! You miss, badly. [6] Fortunately the spear lands on the opposite bank of the river, crackling with electricity as it discharges into the wet sand. Suddenly, Daniel bursts through the Foliage and jumps onto the creature!

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Run over to the river and try to rescue Jess.

[3+1(Pumped Bonus)] You hop up from your story and follow the others as you hear the scream. You initally hesitate because you are used to only telling stories about how great you are, not actually doing anything. Putting these concerns aside, you dash through the woods, feeling like the million dollar man. As you reach the bank you see Markus and Jets standing there, looking concerned but unable to help. You are in no mood for such lollygaging, though, and jump through the air right at the beast, which is momentarily just inches under the water, and land on its head  with both feet! [5+1] vs. [6+2] Sadly, even this heroic move fails to injure the thing, it's exoskeleton is simply too tough. You do manage to distract it, though. As you use your inertia to jump to the opposite shore, the pumped feeling you have had leaves you, and suddenly you are exhausted!

Gained: Exhaustion.
Gained: Melee Combat Experience (+1 exp.)

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I shall head towards the scream, spearing the monster in melee combat if I get to the river.

[2] You are lost. Very lost. You move towards where you thought you heard the scream come from, but due to the nature of the Jungle it's very hard and the sound was faint. You hear some maniacal laughing shortly after, and start wandering in that direction, but the leaves are thick, and the vines trip you up every time you try to get anywhere. You spend some time walking, but you don't know if you are any closer to any of your fellow survivors.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Struggle and try to escape the creatures grips and get out of the river. Scream for help once able.

[5] You steady yourself a moment before twisting. Your body spins just as the creature tries to adjust its grip on you. You pull free, and hit the surface of the water, gulping down air. Suddenly, you see something flying through the air...Daniel?!? He land perfectly on the thing's head, some sort of big shellfish, and bounces off onto the other shore. You head for the shore as well..[3], the one Markus and Jets are on. Standing up and getting out of the water, you pull your shock pistol from it's protective sheath and fire at the thing as it comes back after you. The dart hits the water and...[4] vs. [2] and it shudders, the water frothing some. Your leg is bruised and scratched, but there is no major damage.

Gained +2 exp in Shock Pistol Expertise

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I seek out another man-beast(or anything else similar), being careful not to be spotted.

[1] As everyone else runs off, you decide you are a researcher, not a fighter, and you need some more research material. You head off into the Jungle, and start looking around for anything that looks like it could be humanish. You see several bird-like creatures. Due to your interest in biology you cannot help but to examine them when you get a chance. They look like large insects, but with feathers and mostly dull plumage. As you get distracted and follow some, you decide to head up a tree to take a look in a nest-like growth. You grab the plants body, but as you try to climb, you get stuck! The plants bark is very thin, like a shell or skin, and as you press against it it breaks, and clear, sticky sap gets on you, holding you to the surface of the plant. Suddenly a branch starts slowly moving down towards you, and its leaves start dripping. A small drop hits you, and it burns! It's either an acid or a base, and either way, it looks like this is a carnivorous plant.

NPC's Turn!

Quote from: Shelled Water Creature
OM NOM NOM

(1 = Markus, 2 = Jets, 3-4 = Jess, 5-6 = Daniel) [3] It decides that Jess is one tasty morsel that will not get away! [2] The thing comes partially out of the water, large claws grabbing at her, but Jess deftly avoids the creature, the adrenaline inside her pumping overtime.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just want to get back to the camp, so I can attempt to get sinew from the creature to make repeater crossbows with. Everybody loves repeater crossbows.

Get the engineer lost, will you? Harrumph.

I look for a magnetized tool and a thin vine or strand of plant fiber. I fashion a makeshift compass with them, dangling the tool by its center of balance. I then yell, asking for a response, and head in that direction.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Wrestle the beast with my brute strength, so the others can get a shot at it.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile

Back up from the monster, out of claw range at least, and shoot at it with the shock pistol (useless as the thing appears to be). I aim for the eyes. Once this mess is done with, I thank Daniels for trying to rescue me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Augh! Run away and yell for help!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

SAVE JESS AND CURSH THAT THING WITH MY SPEAR!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Down another berry and kick some ass

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back up from the monster, out of claw range at least, and shoot at it with the shock pistol (useless as the thing appears to be). I aim for the eyes. Once this mess is done with, I thank Daniels for trying to rescue me.

Actually you did damage it, it's just not horribly damaged yet.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

Shiny... get the shiny blue light!
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 12

PCs Turn!

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Shiny... get the shiny blue light!

[4] You stare at the softly glowing blue light, and stand, transfixed. Suddenly, you smile, the blue light speaking to an inner joy inside of you. "Shiny!" you cry out loud, "Shiny blue light!" You run towards the light, like a Evangelist in a near death experience. As you draw closer, it suddenly flashes brighter, and a red beam of kaser light flashes over you for an instant, leaving you completely unharmed. You move closer still, a bit more cautiously. Soft lighting glows to life, framing a doorway of some sort. It's tall, and wide, probably 20' x 20'. All over the doors you see indentations of various kinds. Some look like pawprints, hoofprints. Some are what seem to be feet, and some are just random dent-looking depressions. Among them all, you see a human handprint. Feeling no fear, you reach forward and put your hand into the depression. Suddenly, you feel like you cannot move your hand. After a few moments, the force releases your hand and the door makes a loud *cracking* noise. You step back as the doors shake, and split, opening up slowly.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I look for a magnetized tool and a thin vine or strand of plant fiber. I fashion a makeshift compass with them, dangling the tool by its center of balance. I then yell, asking for a response, and head in that direction.

[6+1] You grumble loudly. Damn planet! Stupid Jungle! You hmph and dig around in your toolkits, and find a small magnetized screwdriver, and some string. Breaking off the handle, you perfectly align the string in the middle of the magnetized length of metal, then hold it steady. Eventually they steady down, one pointing one way, and one the other. By this you infer that this planet does have a magnetic field. Which way is north and which is south, you have no diea, muchless any idea which way you came from to begin with. But you feel better having a magnet, anyway. You start wandering around to what you guess to be west, when you hear someone's voice, and something about shiny things. You head towards the sound, and find a sinkhole in a clearing. After a moment, you see a light down inside the hole. How odd.

Gained: A crappy compass

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)

[2] You back up, scrambling back as it goes for you, your leg bleeding some. You slip and slide in the mud, but manage to get back to your feet and hold up your shock pistol. You try to take aim, but have never shot from this distance before, and it shows. You fire, and the dart hits the water, but too far away. It sparks in the water, but the dart was too far to have it affect the creature any.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Wrestle the beast with my brute strength, so the others can get a shot at it.

[6+1] vs [4+2] Finally getting fed up with this thing, you decide to use your natural strength. You jump into the water, grabbing for a claw. Your arms encircle the claw, and you hold it closed, pulling back hard on it roughly. You manage to plant your feet in the mud and wrench back. It's strong, but you have it at a disadvantage, and hold it back, just about cracking the joint.

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Down another berry and kick some ass

[6+1] vs. [5+2-1] You down another berry and jump into the water. Markus already has one of the claws, and is distracting it badly. You grab onto the other Claw and pull back hard, the two of you working to gether to spread its arms back. The hard chitin is rough on your hands, and you thrash in the water as you work to pull it back. It fights you hard, but the power flowing through your body from the juice of the berry emopwers you, and you shove it with more strength than you have ever felt in your life. You hear a cracking noise as you force its exoskeleton into an unnatural shape.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
SAVE JESS AND CURSH THAT THING WITH MY SPEAR!

[6] You spring to the opposite shore, jumping on the creatures head, just like Daniel did. You grab up your shock spear and spin it around in your hands, twirling on the beast. Jumping into the air, you bring the spear down between the eyes, striking like a god of war. (Damage: [4+1+1]) vs (Toughness: [4+2-1-1]) and your spear penetrates the carapace! You drive your spear in hard, discharging the battery and electrocuting the creature from the inside, providing the kind of shock therapy Dr. Phil would be envious of. Suddenly, its all over. It stops all resistance. Not expecting the sudden lack of resistance, Markus and Daniel each break the claws they are holding clean off.

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
Run away and yell for help!

[4] You pull and struggle, the sticky sap as bad as any superglue you have run across. Some of your clothes rip off, and you pull some of the sap with you as you move your body away from the plant. Your right side is coated in the crap, and you know anything you touch will stick to you. You move away quickly, calling for help. Everone at the river hears you, and you barely get away from the plants branch that reaches down to where you were, flower-like pods dripping a highly caustic fluid.

NPC's Turn!

All dead.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:00:18 pm by Paranatural »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14