Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12254 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 2: Pods
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 08:09:41 am »

All of the "fredrick" line seem cursed to fail in amazingly epic ways. Like, say, killing someone with healing magic, then almost getting killed by the zombie with broken arms strangling him. ::)
Fixed that for you. Don't worry though, I'll have a +2 to repairs if I remain in good condition.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 09:40:25 am »

Scratch that other action.
Try to learn anything from Nirur about modyfing guns and knifes

WE LAND ON THAT GREEN PLANET GROAAAAAH!!! remember i saved 2 guys

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 10:18:56 am »

I put myself directly under the command of Jetsquirrel, since he risked himself to save me. If his actions directly conflict with my own, I'll stop what I had planned to help him.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 3: Decisions
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 04:31:18 pm »

Waiting on Fortis, Flintus10, inteuniso, and Katsuun. I'll be doing the next turn tonight, will autoplay anyone who hasn't posted.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile

Launch the pod, and follow all the others to the blue green planet.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Launch the pod!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Launch the pod!

It's already launched. Anything else you'd like to do?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tell the others bullshit stories about myself while we wait for the pods to land

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I'll pilot(co-pilot?) the pod in the direction of the blue-green planet.

[2] You decide, 'Screw it, how hard could it be to land a pod on a planet with no training or experience whatsoever?', and fire up the pod's thrusters, using the simple UI to make for the green planet. You cannot seem to get a good view of the planet from here, and hit some of the rotational thrusters, which sends the pod off in an erratic pattern more towards one of the Gas Giants. Feeling your stomach in your throat, you start frantically hitting buttoons, way overcompensating and instead heading out towards dead space.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I put myself directly under the command of Jetsquirrel, since he risked himself to save me. If his actions directly conflict with my own, I'll stop what I had planned to help him.

[5] Filled with gratitude, you nod, sagely as Jest communicates his desire to learn more about weapons and knives, and especially his desire for some of the same. You start explaining to him how, in the circumstances you are in, modifying traditional weapons would be tricky, as neither of you actually have any, per se, other than his knife. However, there are other sorts of things you could bild. Like a Rail Gun, for example. All you really need is a strong set of magnets, a large capaciter, and some ferrous metals. Looking around the pod, you realize that, with some work, you might just be able to give him a functional example. Using the toolkits on board, you pull open wal panels, gather 'unnecessary' wires, pull the small but powerful battery packs from the emergency lights and other 'unncessary' systems, and even an perfect aluminum barrel. It takes a bit of time while you are traveling towards the planet, but you manage to rig together a (relatively) portable rail gun. You don't know how much juice it has, but you manufacture a few slugs for it, more than the power will likely produce enough energy for. It won't take down a spaceship, but it should prove to inconvenience anyone shot by it. And, possibly, the weilder, if it explodes, overheats, or whatever. But hey, science, bitches! You hand over your creation to Jets.

(+1 exp Mechanical Engineering)
(+1 exp Electrical Engineering)

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Try to learn anything from Nirur about modyfing guns and knifes

[6] Inspired by Frederick, and his detailed explanations about magnets and electricity and the like, you forment in your head a plan. Oh, yeah, you see, now! This will be AWESOME. You gather a steel rod about 4 feet long. and strap your knife to the end of it using wire and electrical tape. Then, using a power source deemed 'insufficient' by Frederick, you rig a battery attached to your hip, that plugs into another insulated wire inside the rod. In theory, if you turn it on, the kife should shock anything you stab with it and not stab you. Unless somehow the insulated handle of the knife came into contact with the metal rod. But you're pretty sure that won't happen. You feel very proud of yourself, and smarter.

(+1 exp Melee Weapon Engineering)
Item: Shock Spear
Item: Somewhat Portable Rail Gun

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Launch the pod!

[4] You make to launch the pod, but see that it has already been launched. With nothing else to do, you strap in and watch the terrain below as you decsend, through the porthole and through various monitors. You catch sight of something below, on top of a mountain...a structure. It's very alien, with spiraling and bulbous silvery towers. When you look to the monitors, it's gone, but when you look through the porthole, you see it again. And then the pod is past, and quickly descends, crashing into trees.

(+1 exp Navigating the Blue/Green Planet)

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Tell the others bullshit stories about myself while we wait for the pods to land

[4+1] Settling back for the ride, you begin to regale the other passengers of the pod with daring tales of your explots, impressive personages you have met, and about your vast riches and sexual powress. You have them all eating out of your hand, ready do be well inclined to listen to your point of view.

(And additional +1 to persuading everyone on board)

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
(Autopilot)

[3] As the pod closes in on the planet, you secure yourself and prepare for the landing. Watching the monitors and through the porthole, you see the landscape blur past you, below. You see trees and plants, boulders and patches of ponds, lakes, and rivers, several flcks of what looks like large birds, and a tree eating a giant cat-thing, some sandy areas and a...wait, what?? Your mind barely has time to process the image before it is gone.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Launch the pod, and follow all the others to the blue green planet.

[3+1] Seeing Kenton at the controls, randomly pressing buttons and hoping that Good Stuff (tm) will happen, you growl under your breath and dash to the controls. Strapping yourself into the pilots seat, you quickly disable the co-pilot controls, and swing the pod back around to the blue/green planet, since taht's where everyone wants to go. After a couple of hours of uninteresting flight, you start to enter the atmosphere. The pod shakes violently as it encounters the increased density of the air, amd you do your best to pilot it towards land, preferably somewhere soft-looking. Expanses of jungle terrain blur under you as you struggle with the controls. You cannot find any clearings, but decend into the Jungle foliage, smashing through large, old trees, and tree-like things, The pod is thrown back and forth from the rough entry, but is heavily armored and shielded against exactly these sorts of things. With a bew loud cracks and a shuddering groan of metal, the windshield cracks and breaks, but does not fall into the cabin, a second layer holding it where it is. You finally Strike The Earth and stop, the ride far from smooth, but better than it could have been.

Crash-landing rolls!

Kenton: [1+1] Fortunately you secured yourself in tightly when you got in the pod. Unfortunately you were too busy dicking around with the controls to pay attention to what was going on when you landed. You bang around in the chair, and pick up a few good bruises and sprains.

Frederick XVI: [4] As you approach teh atmosphere, you hop into a chair and secure yourself, along with the rail gun. You hold tight and obey the safety manual instructions to the letter, and come out like a champ.

Jets: [2+1] You're too caught up admiring your new toys to pay attention to stupid stuff like landing, but your flak jacket absorbs most of the blows, and you feel fine.

Markus: [6] You secured yousrelf in your seat long ago. You ride through the crash landing just fine. A little too well, honestly, in fact, you are completely stuck in your seat, unable to extract yourself.

Daniel Carrion: [1] You're so busy acting nonchelont about the whole crash landing thing, that you totally disregard any of those 'safety' rules. Hell, to impress the commoners even further, you unstrap yourself from the safety harness, sit back, put your hands behind your head, like you are taking a nap. You think to yourself, "Yeah, this should work out juuuust...OH GOD I'M IN THE AIR.." BANG "MY HEAD OH GOD IT HURTS SO MUCH HURTING.." SLAM OH GOD OH GOD SO MUCH BLOOD I.." BAM , then darkness descends.

Kat: [5+1] You grunt and grin as the shuttle pod lands. Hell, you've been through way worse than this, a thousand times over. You guffaw with laughter as Daniel bounces around the pod, hos body being thrown like a ragdoll. You catch him before he bounces too much more, and get your rags all bloody with his wound seepage.

Jess: [4] Even while distracted piloting the damn pod through frickin trees and into dirt, you keep cool, your secure straps holding you secure, perfectly.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Observations: [5] You see Jungle around you. Things that are basically trees are everywhere, along with things that...well, you are not quite sure what they are. They look a lot like trees, but seem more..meaty. Like animals that grow out of the ground. Or something. Underneath the canopy, here, things are relatively peaceful, and you see many small bushes around, each with an assortment of flowers, strange growths that kinda resemble berries, and other things. There's nothing dangerous around that you can see.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:19:00 am by Paranatural »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 4: Railguns and ShockKnives And Weird planets, Oh My!
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 09:00:05 pm »

It is time for SCIENCE! I get out of the pod and begin collecting samples of the various plants in the area, being careful to observe proper safety protocols, EG: don't touch anything suspicious directly.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:37 pm »

How do I stop myself from getting out?

Get out of my seat. Somehow. Take a tarp and wrap all of our clothes and blankets in one. Inspect the contents of the mechanical toolbox.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »

How do I stop myself from getting out?

Uh...don't get out? Not sure what you are asking.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 10:00:01 pm »

Try to wake up and if successful follow the others but act like I have some authority.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 10:07:16 pm »

Ah, finally. Thank you, Squirrel. Thank you.

I take the toolkits, sit down, and look at the pod without touching anything. I try to figure out how I would turn the pod into shelters if we landed on a completely uninhabitable planet. Once again, I do not touch anything. I contemplate the powerplant, what sort of fuel it uses, and how useful it would be if we had to land in the wilderness.

I have engineering knowledge. It should prevent me from taking the pod apart while we travel, as I'm planning out how I would make something. Minor actions should also only have minor negative impacts on {1}s. No, I have no faith in my character.

I vote the greenish-blueish planet.
If you leave me behind, nobody will have the bonus to repairing that critical thing that's going to break down. Also, I'd like the tools please.

Stand resolutely and continue onwards to the escape pod.
I take the toolkits.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 10:10:13 pm »

Ah, finally. Thank you, Squirrel. Thank you.

I take the toolkits, sit down, and look at the pod without touching anything. I try to figure out how I would turn the pod into shelters if we landed on a completely uninhabitable planet. Once again, I do not touch anything. I contemplate the powerplant, what sort of fuel it uses, and how useful it would be if we had to land in the wilderness.

I have engineering knowledge. It should prevent me from taking the pod apart while we travel, as I'm planning out how I would make something. Minor actions should also only have minor negative impacts on {1}s. No, I have no faith in my character.

I vote the greenish-blueish planet.
If you leave me behind, nobody will have the bonus to repairing that critical thing that's going to break down. Also, I'd like the tools please.

Stand resolutely and continue onwards to the escape pod.
I take the toolkits.

Yeah yeah, sorry, post your other actions, you have the toolkits :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14