Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12250 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 1: Pants on the ground!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 06:29:24 am »

Never one to dissapoint Daniel finishes his 'business' and then grabs for his clothes and does a nudie run to the escape pods.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 1: Pants on the ground!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:40 am »

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Pick my ass up and run the other way!

[4] Your survival instincts kick in and you hop to your feet quickly, beating a hasty retreat from the horrific nightmare that burst through the chest of your fellow crewmen. You tell yourself that you'll never forget...actually, you can't remember his name at the moment, but you'll never forget him. You pound metal with your large feet, trucking towards the escape pods, and reach them before long.

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I search the pod for emergency supplies.

[5] You quickly look over the controls and spy a big green button that says 'Emergency Supplies'. A few panels pop open and reveal food, water, first aid kids, electronics toolkits, mechanics toolkits, emergency blankets, and tarps. Thinking that there has to be more than that, you start navigating through the computers menus like a pro, and quickly come across a locked menu item called 'Option Delta'. It wants a password. 'Swordfish' you tell it, and another panel opens under the pilots console, revealing a hefty pistol, with two clips of ammo. Sweet.

(Received Pistol and two clips of ammo. The rest is available for anyone to pick up. You sre still seated and secured.)

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Is their blood acidic?
Shed some and find out :)

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
GO SAVE MARKUS AND ESCAPE IN OUR ESCAPE PODS if i saved him.

[6] Your military training takes over. You jump up out of your crabwalk and sprint down the hallways towards the escape pods. 'I must save a dock worker!' you think to yourself, and spy one such individual making his way towards the escape pods. But he is not in one! You MUST help him! You tackle the big man, bodily forcing him into an escape pod, where you cover his body with yours, protecting him.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I stand dutifully, tell the person who pushed me down exactly and in no uncertain terms what I think of their lineage, religious beliefs, parentage, intelligence, what I intend to do with their spleen, gallbladder, and pancreas, and what eternal punishments they will suffer after they have shuffled off this mortal coil. I shall then proceed to continue showing the crowed the proper way to march to an escape pod.

[2] Shaking with indignant rage, you stand and march down the hallway until you catch up with the man. You grab him by the shoulder and proceed to give him a piece of your mind. You go into a long, detailed explanation about how we are civilized people and WE do not push and WE do not run and WE do not panic. One thing you DO do, apparently, is get the snot knocked out of you as he punches you full in the face. You hit the ground again, for the second time in as many minutes. Well, at least you are closer to the escape pods.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Undock from the other ship to keep more aliens from coming onboard. I try and close off doors in the alien's path from the bridge, and if any are caught in a section without humans, vent the aliens into space or drop the air pressure in their sections.

[2+1] You search desperately for the controls to undock from the other ship, but they are disabled. Lock-out, tag-out. Safety overrides keep you from just undocking while the two ships are joined, the hatches have to be closed at the airlock and locked before you can attempt to undock. You do manage, however, to shut the doors on the entryway, and lock them down, dooming those insite to their deaths with no way to run form the horrific aliens. Oh well, it buys everyone else (yourself included) some time as they will probably eat the people trapped inside with them before breaking down the doors. Your monitors are still on. You can hear their screams, still, but at least you don't have to see what is happening, what with the cameras coated in blood and all.

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
We must save Markus fastly.

[2] Thinking about how Markus could be out there, in trouble, tears fill your eyes. 'We must save him!', you cry, and unbuckle your safety harness. You attempt to run out and save him, just as he flies through the door, having been tackled by Jets. The big men slam into you and knock you down, sending you to the floor.

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Never one to dissapoint Daniel finishes his 'business' and then grabs for his clothes and does a nudie run to the escape pods.

[6] Wham, Bam, Thank You, Ma'am! Actually, you are far better than that. FAR better. You've even starred in a few low-distribution simulations. Satisfied with your performance, you hop up nd jog to the escape pods, eminently pleased with yourself. As you settle into your seat, you think, 'Damn, these things are chilly.' Uh oh.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 5. Jess Brown (Fortis) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 2: To the escape pods!
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 10:00:13 am »

I'll take the fake documents and the medikit, then, if everybody's onboard, get this pod as far from the ship as possible.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:18:48 am by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 10:03:49 am »

I'll take the fake documents and the medikit, then, if everybody's onboard, get this pod as far from the ship as possible.

The fake documents are in some random woman's bedroom, and you don't even actually know they exist. I guess I should make that more clear in the list.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 10:41:12 am »

If you leave me behind, nobody will have the bonus to repairing that critical thing that's going to break down. Also, I'd like the tools please.

Stand resolutely and continue onwards to the escape pod.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 11:01:59 am »

(Oh well, since everyone else is jumping ship...)

Send another distress signal, this time warning the coming ship about the aliens and advise them not to dock with the ships. Look for anything on the bridge that can be used as a weapon, and head to the escape pods myself.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:11 pm »

SAVE NIRUR AND BEAT HIM INTO THAT POD and command markus to stay in the pod and search for firearms to blast any alien scum. oh and launch pod when i enter with nirur I will save everyone!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 09:37:06 pm »

Lie there uselessly.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 10:57:14 pm »

Get out of the pod and head back to the room then grab my documents and clothes (plus whatever else I can find) hoping not to disturb the woman, put the clothes on and run back as fast as i can.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 2: Pods
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 09:02:30 pm »

Search the escape pod for any tools.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2010, 01:29:59 pm »

Hey guys, as I said weekends are kinda busy for me but I should be able to get a turn done this weekend.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2010, 09:49:53 pm »

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Send another distress signal, this time warning the coming ship about the aliens and advise them not to dock with the ships. Look for anything on the bridge that can be used as a weapon, and head to the escape pods myself.

There's just the two ships in the vicinity, so not sure what 'other ship' you mean.

[3+1] You despair at the rapidly deteriorating situation, and slip the covered switch, and punch the red button. A distress beacon automatically starts recording. You speak into the microphone, 'An aggressive animalistic alien species has boarded both ships. We are abandoning ship. Do not dock.'. [4] Satisfied, you reach for the emergency shock pistol, for use in case of any unruly passengers or misguided hijacking attempts. It's short-range, but better than nothing. That done, you punch in the overrides to open the cabin door, and run past the airlock towards the Escape Pods, trying to ignore the pounding metal noises and shearing metal. Not long after you shove your way back through the crowd, the airlock door rend open, unleashing the horrors within. You spint through the mostly empty corridors now, and jump into one of the last open pods.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
Stand resolutely and continue onwards to the escape pod.

[2] You stand again, and square your shoulders. Right. You've had enough of this nonsense. As you start striding towards the doors, you hear the shrieking of metal behind you. Ignoring your better sense, you turn and watch in horror as a black-carapaced alien tosses a man into the air, sans his lower body. He's still screaming. Overwhelmed, you freeze in place.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
SAVE NIRUR AND BEAT HIM INTO THAT POD and command markus to stay in the pod and search for firearms to blast any alien scum. oh and launch pod when i enter with nirur

[3] With the spaztic motions of a 4 year old on crack, you hop up and dash this way and that, 'Need weapon..need to save..Markus stay he...Hey yer not saved yet!' You dash out and spot the slack-jawed Frederick XVI, wrap your arm around him, and drag him into the ship.

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Lie there uselessly.

[5] You achieve an almost zen-like peace, as you lie on the floor of the escape pod, perfectly out of anyone's way. In fact, no one even notices you, you are so perfectly still and serene. Your skills are beyond imagining, and you are completely worthless in the situation. Your rags turn a bit blacker and your skin, a bit more pale.

(Gained experience in being unnoticed)

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Get out of the pod and head back to the room then grab my documents and clothes (plus whatever else I can find) hoping not to disturb the woman, put the clothes on and run back as fast as i can.

[3] You start, your own nudity shocking you. You are quite stunning, you would be the first to admit, but perhaps a more covered approach would be appropriate in this situation. You head out of the pod, and quickly locate the woman's quarters. You don't see her or your documents, but quickly get your clothes on, and get back to the pod.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Search the escape pod for any tools.

[2] You stand and look at the available toolkits and turn up your nose. How dare they expect you to make do with such sub-par tools! No, you are Markus, and you deserve nothing but the best, and believe that the makers of the escape pod would have planned for this eventuality. You search everywhere that seems reasonable, and several places that re unreasonable, but are unable to locate anything better than the palty toolkits already discovered.

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I'll take the medikit, then, if everybody's onboard, get this pod as far from the ship as possible.

[3] You have a rather bland and generic person hand you the Medikit, then push the button, sealing the doors, now that everyone is in who probably deserves to be. Slamming your fist down on the green 'Launch' button, you feel sudden acceleration as the boosters kick in. The viewscreens around the pod show shots of the two interlocked ships, small explosions of light visible within.

Quote from: Setting(s)
The escape pod floats in space, having automatically moved a safe blast distance away from the two ships. You are in an unknown (to you) solar system. It contains two Gas Giants, a greenish-blueish planet with an human-breatheable atmosphere, and a red world that has an human-breatheable atmosphere.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 5. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2010, 10:03:07 pm »

Ah, finally. Thank you, Squirrel. Thank you.

I take the toolkits, sit down, and look at the pod without touching anything. I try to figure out how I would turn the pod into shelters if we landed on a completely uninhabitable planet. Once again, I do not touch anything. I contemplate the powerplant, what sort of fuel it uses, and how useful it would be if we had to land in the wilderness.

I have engineering knowledge. It should prevent me from taking the pod apart while we travel, as I'm planning out how I would make something. Minor actions should also only have minor negative impacts on {1}s. No, I have no faith in my character.

I vote the greenish-blueish planet.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2010, 10:51:58 pm »

All of the "fredrick" line seem cursed to fail in amazingly epic ways. Like, say, killing someone with healing magic, then almost getting killed by the zombie. ::)

I'll pilot(co-pilot?) the pod in the direction of the blue-green planet. Air's good, but we're also gonna need water, which the red planet might not have.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2010, 10:58:39 pm »

Find gun,knife, anything i can fight with
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14