Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12231 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:55:39 pm »

Space RTD
Having only recently discovered RTDs, I've fallen in lust with them. Thus, I've decided to start my own. This one will not be one where you can will yourself into having magical abilities. Having said that, some stuff like that can happen if given some sort of reasonable-for-a-fantasy reason occurs.

The setup: It's around 2150 AD and Humans have gotten well into space and run across a few alien civilizations. The Aliens, for the most part, don't give a crap about Humanity. Humans basically don't have any interesting technology and produce nothing of real value that anyone has any interest in. It seems like there might be a lot of alien races out there, but Humans just haven't run into them a lot and no Aliens seem interested enough in Humans to bother saying much to them.

Still, Humans have picked up on a few things, notably in the arena of space travel. There are a lot of spaceships now, and Humans are busy trying to colonize a few worlds and basically expand.

You are in a transport ship headed to a distant planet. It's a fairly large ship, and you have been traveling for about 6 months. I need from you:

Name:
General appearance:

Do not tell me what you want for equipment, that will be handled with a dice roll. Note that no one will have any projectile or laser weapons, as it would be terminally stupid to fire one inside of a pressurized shuttle.

Any Roleplaying provided by you will be used, but isn't necessary.

7 Slots.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 5. Jess Brown (Fortis) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:44:04 pm by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:18:24 pm »

I am a male named Frederick XVI. I am an engineer, assigned to this ship's engine by the Terran navy. I have been ordered to aid with the colonization effort upon our arrival. I am fairly short, but keep myself in good physical shape in the ship's gym. I like to read about a variety of topics in my off-duty hours.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:39:13 pm »

Name: Kenton
Profession: Geneticist
General appearance: A weedy little man, not actually short, just thin and pale from too much time in the lab. Sits off in a corner, nervously fiddling with his bags. He clearly does not enjoy spaceflight.

I am a male named Frederick XVI.
Really? Only 15 of them have died so far? ::)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:41:06 pm »

Name: Jets
Profession: Meathshield Marine Forces, Assault group 1
General appearance: A Marine with its clothes and a Assault rifle, he coemsto the colony to protect it from alien scum or other weird shit.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:46:57 pm »

Name: Jets
Profession: Meathshield Marine Forces, Assault group 1
General appearance: A Marine with its clothes and a Assault rifle, he coemsto the colony to protect it from alien scum or other weird shit.

No guns on board the transport ship, but yeah you can be a marine.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:15:06 pm »

Name: Markus
Profession: Forgeworker
General appearance: A burly man, Markus came on the transport ship to haul goods on and off the ship.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:19:02 pm »

Do I get a bonus to repairing things?
If a [2] gives nothing but clothes, what does a [1] give? Pin-less IN grenade(held)?

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »

Name: Jess Brown
Profession: Pilot/vehicle operator
General Appearance: A lithe, fit woman with brown hair (worn pulled back) and green eyes. She spurns the usual uniform in favor of jeans, casual shirt, and her old flight jacket, but was granted a dispensation because of her skill with vehicles.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 06:52:11 pm »

Do I get a bonus to repairing things?
If a [2] gives nothing but clothes, what does a [1] give? Pin-less IN grenade(held)?
1) Depends on what they are, but usually, yeah.

2)Funny you should ask...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:15:36 pm by Paranatural »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. (2 Spots open)
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:47:47 pm »

Turn 0

We'll begin with this 5, with room for two more. Post your actions in bold.

The transport ship slowly approaches its destination when suddenly the captain's voice calls over the intercom, "Attention: We has received a distress signal from a nearby freighter. Due to the intergalactic treaties we have signed, we cannot ignore the signal. We shall be assisting the distressed freighter momentarily. Please be advised to remain in your quarters and permit the ships personnel to respond to this emergency."

Within a few hours you hear the ships engines change, the high-pitched whine moving to a deeper, throbbing noise. Shortly, you hear a metal clanging as the ship docks with another ship. The various seals pressurize and seal. Shortly, you hear screams, a broad-spectrum radio broadcast of a man's voice screaming, "Ahhhhhh!" before it cuts off into a burbling gurgle. There are loud noises coming from the general direction of the airlock, and alarm lights and klaxons start going off. Lights flash above escape pod hatches, glowing red.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 10:54:08 pm »

Name: Kat
Profession: Cabin boy/girl/thing
General Description: Weedy, buried underneath piles of ragged clothing that obscure face and hair. The voice is androgynous, and all mannerisms are ordinary. Nothing unusual stands out about Kat beyond his/her clothing.

Check Escape Pods to determine why they are acting up.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 11:39:32 pm »

Name: Daniel Carrion
Profession: Con Man
General description: A tall lean well groomed man who had snuck onto the transport.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:39 am »

Check around for all the noise and it the ship is about to blo up GO INTO THAT ESCAPE POD

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 06:46:45 am »

I enter the nearest escape pod.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:44:47 am by Nirur Torir »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 08:13:19 am »

Check Escape Pods to determine why they are acting up.

Nothing is wrong with them; it's like emergency lighting that lets you know where they are. No action needed to know that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14