Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12252 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 7: Ride 'em, Space Cowboy.
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2010, 07:22:11 pm »

Sorry Katsuun I already had the rolls written up and stuff.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »

Find a stone, and begin to butcher the large beast. Store any body parts in a tarp or two.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2010, 07:50:06 pm »

I claim a couple of chunks(for SCIENCE of course) then search the pod for some sort of scanner to analyze them with.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 8: Brains and Meat
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2010, 10:31:30 pm »

(Oh well, too late for me.)

Drain beasts blood and store it wherever convenient.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2010, 11:08:55 pm »

Help making a fire and try to cook the meat of the beast

maybe cooking will help?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2010, 06:41:56 am »

I attempt to create a camouflaged wood structure for us to sleep in. The roof will have enough plans for support, covered with a tarp, with misc. branches on top.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2010, 06:45:28 am »

Search the immediate area, pick up anything useful and run the hell away from anything troublesome

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:21 am »

Find a stone, and begin to butcher the large beast. Store any body parts in a tarp or two.

Jess is already butchering it, and there's meat everywhere. Do you want to butcher it more with a rock?

You already have 4 vials of the stuff, did you want more?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2010, 12:37:10 pm »

Grumble about the wasted meat. If there's some left, try again to preserve some. If not, find something to clean the blood off of myself.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2010, 01:17:36 pm »

Note: When I said flesh I mean the skin. The chunks are chunks of meat that can be eaten, cooked, used as marital aids, or whatever.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2010, 07:45:30 pm »

You already have 4 vials of the stuff, did you want more?

Yes!

Sans context.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »

Ok, probably post the turn tomorrow.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »

Jess is already butchering it, and there's meat everywhere. Do you want to butcher it more with a rock?

YEAH.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2010, 10:09:36 am »

Turn 9

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)

[3] Not content with the blood you have, you crave more. More, more, ever more! You start casting about for something else to store some blood in, but little in the area seems useful. After a moment of looking around, you find something that looks a bit like a pitcher plant back on Earth. You dump out the fluids inside it, and move back to the corpse, lifting heavy limbbs to drain blood messily into the pitcher plant. In the end, it's about full, but not very easy to carry or keep from spilling.

Gained: Pitcher Plant full of blood.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)

[1] Thinking to yourself "I could really do a lot better than Jess, if only I had a rock." You start casting about for one, but can't see any rocks anywhere! Infuriated, you move to a tree and roughly break off a heavy branch, and carry it over to the corpse. "If I can't find a rock, a tree branch will butcher a corpse just fine." With such flawless logic, you start beating the corpse with the branch, and end up bashing it flat.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I attempt to create a camouflaged wood structure for us to sleep in. The roof will have enough plans for support, covered with a tarp, with misc. branches on top.

[6] You set to work, knowing you'll need shelter if you are to survive. Using the remaining tarps, boards, branches and leaves, you start creating a lean-to against the escape pod. You work quickly, and before long you have a bright blue structure that looks like it could probably keep the rain off of you for a while, and greatly expand upon the coverage provided by the pod.

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I claim a couple of chunks(for SCIENCE of course) then search the pod for some sort of scanner to analyze them with.

[4+1] You grab a couple of chunks of bloody meat, and head inside the Escape Pod. You hook the Medikit up to the computer system of the Pod, and power it up. Fiddling with the scanners, analyzers and other sensors of the meat and Medikit combined, you are ale to extract the DNA from the beast, and decode its Genome. The results surprise you, and you spend some time comparing the results, retesting, and doing some more comparisons. This thing was once human, but its DNA was...altered. It looks like, and it's hard to tell, that there was extensive gene therapy done. Old Non-Coding sections have been brought back, bringing back features of more primitive versions of humans. Also, there are traces of what seems to be purely 'new' sections, unfamiliar to you.

Gained: Creature Chunks [2]
Gained: Genetic Engineering Experience (2)

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Search the immediate area, pick up anything useful and run the hell away from anything troublesome

[4] Not wanting to get bloody or build anything, you head on out into the Jungle. It's warm out here. Very warm. Before long you are sweating, which really isn't cool at all. Literally. You do a slow circle around the perimiter of what seems like the rest of the group is making Base Camp, and see some interesting plants, insects, flowers and the like. You even run across a rather broad stream, not quite big enough to be considered a river, but it'd be a pain to cross. That's to the 'south', although you are not certain cardinal directions apply on this planet. Along the way, you find some small, purple berries on a flowering plant. As you sniff the flower, a very intoxicating scent hits you. Pulling off a berry, you sniff it and realize the scent comes from it. Unable to stop yourself, you pop the berry into your mouth and chomp down on it. Before long, you feel a definate buzz, your head a bit light, and you feel GOOD. You head back to the base camp and tell them about the river.

Gained: Status: Pumped!
Gained: 6 small, purple berries.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Help making a fire and try to cook the meat of the beast

[4] You settle down and, using your new knowledge of electronics and the like, you stick a stick near the capacitor of the Gauss weapon. With a loud *POW* a bolt of electricity strikes the wood, and it starts smoking. Add some rubbing against another stick, some patience, and bravo, you have a fire! You quickly build it up and soon have a healthy campfire, with dark smoke rising up from all the damp wood. Shortly thereafter you build a spit of a sort, and stick some meat on it.

Gained: Fire-Building Experience (1/2)

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Grumble about the wasted meat. If there's some left, try again to preserve some. If not, find something to clean the blood off of myself.

[6] You settle back just as Markus comes up to the beast with a branch and starts beating it flat. "What the hell are you doing??!" You ask, and he grins, saying "Butchering it!". Rather than deal with his insanity, you decide to clean yourself off. As you stand, Daniel comes out of the woods and tells you about a stream he found. "Perfect!" You think, and ehad off to the direction he pointed, and you find a stream. You start cleaning your bloody self off in the river, the red blood flowing and lacing through the water. In a few moments, you see the surface of the water chrun, in a rather disturbing way.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Observations: [1] You see nuttin!
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:55:07 am by Paranatural »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 9: Drugs, Blood & Beating a dead...err..thing.
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2010, 10:15:02 am »

I gather random fauna and begin to build a fire.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:38:03 am by Katsuun »

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14