Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12251 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 5: Blood and Food.
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2010, 12:37:01 am »

Check the med-kit Kenton put away for anything that can help my injuries.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 6: Jane Goodall would freak the hell out.
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2010, 08:30:46 am »

I'm not engaging that thing in a wrestling match.

I'll create a wooden throwing spear from a stick.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2010, 09:33:58 am »

Shoot monster with the shock pistol, hopefully before Kenton starts riding it.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2010, 05:32:53 pm »

Meticulously gather blood back.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2010, 05:51:30 pm »

I'm heading to NOLA tonight, I'll post the turn tomorrow.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2010, 08:16:38 pm »

Sorry for the late post.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I'll create a wooden throwing spear from a stick.

[3+1] Your engineering classes rarely included throwing spears, but you have a ready source of wood, and tools. You try to ignore the giant bellowing menace not too many yars away from yourself, and set to work. Using what you have gathered, you trim down a good, hearty stick and start sharpening the end. Adding in a bit of fire-hardening, you stand up and face the threat, a pointy stick that could concievably be thrown in your hand. You feel like a real aboriginie.

Gained: Pointy Aerodynamic Stick.
Gained: Dabbling Ranged Weaponsmithing (1/2) Exp

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Check the med-kit Kenton put away for anything that can help my injuries.

[3+1-1] You see the giant half-gorilla/Half-Human thing that has appeared, and you almost crap yourself. Realizing that you REALLY don't feel like dealing with this crap, you make for the Medikit, and snatch it up, hoping that Kenton won't mind. You see him making for the gorilla-thing and decide he probably won't. Unfortunately you're pretty distracted by the whole 'WH+TF is taht thing Oh God I'm gonna die' thing, and only manage to find some Asprin. You down a handful, figuring you'll need it, and put the kit away.

Healed!

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
THUNDER SPEAR THE MONSTERS ASS AND DO FINISHER COMBO MOVE UP UP RIGHT DOWN

[5+1] You see the gorilla thing and know what you must do. ATTACK! You charge the creature with your new shock spear, leveling it like a lance. Fortunately, it looks like it's distracted by Jess still, and it leaves its belly unprotected. You ram the spear home! [1+1] The small knife bounces uselesly against the creature's hide, sparking loudly! The hastily-constrcuted electrified polearm holds todgether, but the crackling noise is quite ominious. [1] Your hand slips on the hilt, and moves to the shaft, grounding you! [3+1] Fortunately, the inculation you prepared just moments before endables you to avoid getting the shock of a lifetime. You definately have the things attention, now.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Shoot monster with the shock pistol, hopefully before Kenton starts riding it.

[4] You spin as you see Jets charge the thing with his crackling electric spear. You see him stop dead in front of it, trying not to zap the hell out of himself. Annoyed, you bring out the shock pistol and level it at the beast. Squeezing the trigger, you send a dart flying through the air into its body. [1] Unfortunately, the only thing the shock seems to do is piss it off even more. Uh Oh.

Gained: Shock Pistol Expertise. (1/2) Exp

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
Ride monster like a mechanical bull. Then shoot it in the back of the head.

[4] Deciding that jumping on the back of a giant gorilla/human thing is the best posisble course of action, common sense be damned, you take the oppertunity to run behind the beast and jump on its back, climbing quickly, using hndfuls of its fur to get to its shoulders. "Yeeeee Hawwwww!" You cry, pretending like you have a cowboy hat, as the beast surges under you. You decide to whip out your pistol and show this thing what its brains look like. [5] You pull out your pistol and put it to the back of the beasts head, right where the skull meets the spinal cord. (+1 Damage bonus) [2+1] You pull the trigger and fire, just as the beast grunts and moves. The heavy caliber round explodes through the muscles of its neck, but doesn't quite blow it's head off like you had planned.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
(Auto) Make a club out of a branch

[4] You run to the pile of wood and find a big, thick, heavy branch that looks very promising as a club. You strip off smaller limbs and cleaves, and raise it, the dense wood feeling natural in your hand. You strip the bark off and turn atround, facing the creature three of your compatriots are already attacking, confident you can now help.

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Meticulously gather blood back.

[2] You start trying to gather up the blood you had collected before, ignroing the rapaging battle. You must have your blood. Your precious, precious blood. Unfortunately, having been flung about the surrounding plants, it has dried quickly, and you can't collect anything of significance.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Mysterious Planet Creature
SMASH!

Kenton [1-2], Jets [3-4], Jess [5], Kat [6]

[6]

[2] Ignoring the mostly ineffectual attacks of those plauging it so far, the creature bounds deeper in towards the pod, carrying Kenton with it, the smell of fresh blood driving it insane. It brings down a giant fist, intending to smash Kat flat, and the ground shakes with a 'BOOM' as the fist connects with the earth, missing Kat by inches.

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Observations: [3] Lots of alien Jungle all around, a huge freaking green gorilla/human thing in the middle of the clearing. All other animal noises have gone quiet.
[/quote]
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2010, 08:33:27 pm »

I throw my spear at the delicious monster.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2010, 08:54:02 pm »

Fire again. Also, I cannot believe that actually worked. MSPA FTW!(I think that's the longest acronym I have ever used...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2010, 09:30:03 pm »

Fire again. Also, I cannot believe that actually worked. MSPA FTW!(I think that's the longest acronym I have ever used...)

Me. too. I pretty much let the dice decide.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 7: Ride 'em, Space Cowboy.
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2010, 01:24:22 am »

Pick up a branch to use as a club and making sure that I am out of the creature's view and smack it across the back of the head.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2010, 03:12:41 am »

Fire my mini gauss gun at the jaw of the beast and if it dies do a victory dance

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2010, 11:52:16 pm »

waiting on Kat, Fortis and Intuesto

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2010, 12:46:30 am »

Once the beast is dead, try and butcher it for the meat. Make a fire and dry/smoke meat to preserve it.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2010, 07:10:29 pm »

Go berserk and attack beast with bare hands.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »

Just gonna roll with who posted.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I throw my spear at the delicious monster.

[1] You draw back and line up, imagining with all your power that you will hurl the spear through the air gracefully. The beast will look up just in time to catch your spear in its eye, straight to the brain. It will die and you'll be the hero, having won the adoration of your peers and the affections of women. A story to tell your grand kids, something you'll be proud of the rest of your life. Distracted by this, you completely misthrow, sending it to..
Spoiler: Drum Roll (click to show/hide)
Katsuun. As the creature has just attacked Kat, your throw goes a bit forward of it and strikes the rag-covered person. Damage: [5] Resist: [4+1] Fortunately Kat's rags absorb the blow, and Kat remains unharmed.

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Pick up a branch to use as a club and making sure that I am out of the creature's view and smack it across the back of the head.

[3] You look around and find a branch that was gathered earlier. It fits well in your hand, but isn't very heavy, and would probably have problems hurting anything it hit.  [2] You try snaking around behind the creature, but are painfully obvious doing so. It spots you easily and you're too cautious to really try and get behind it.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Fire my mini Gauss gun at the jaw of the beast and if it dies do a victory dance

[3+1-2] You aim carefully with the unfamiliar, double-handed weapon, and pull the trigger. It whines for a moment, then jerks back in your arms. The metal projectile it fires goes wide of your target, which is probably just as well because right beind its head was Kenton. The projectile hits a tree, boring a neat hole clean through it as if it wasn't even there, the back of the tree exploding into splinters.

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
Fire again.

[5+1-1] You hold on tight, and steady yourself. Placing the gun at the back of the creature's head, you try and think of something awesome to say, "This might sting a little.." is all you can come up with, though, and pull the trigger. Damage: [6+2] Resist: [3] The beast's head explodes into gore, the top part flying off. As it falls, you [4] prepare yourself and land on your feet, a perfect dismount.

Gained Pistols Training

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Once the beast is dead, try and butcher it for the meat. Make a fire and dry/smoke meat to preserve it.

[4] Jess wastes no time. Using a small utility knife from her pack, she guts the large gorilla-like creature and dumps most of them in the ground. She starts peeling back all the flesh, and harvests the meat. This takes some time, and she's muttering about smoking and fires. She already had lots of chunks of mystery creature meat. {Luck: 1} Sadly, the flesh is totally ruined, and there's no chance at saving any of it.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
(Auto) Start a fire.

[2] Markus gathers some more wood and works for some time trying, in vain, to start a fire. Apparently his boy scout skills are not up to par.

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
(Auto) Gather some of the beasts blood.

[3] You quickly gather up a few vials and move to the corpse. As Jess butchers the human-like creature, you start filling a few vials, and get lots of blood over you.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Observations: [3] The animal is dead, and the air smells strongly of blood.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:47:24 am by Paranatural »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14