Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12242 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 4: Railguns and ShockKnives And Weird planets, Oh My!
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 11:18:02 pm »

Clean off blood and store it for future usage.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 11:21:28 pm »

Try to find some more isolating material and upgrade my shock spear with it and go outside checking whats there

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 06:05:10 am »

I assess the damage to the escape pod. How difficult would it be to re-launch? How much fuel is left? Are the scanners and computer systems still operational?

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 01:58:37 pm »

Get out of the pod and assay the damage done to it. Then go and find something edible nearby on this world.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 09:58:59 pm »

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Get out of my seat. Somehow. Take a tarp and wrap all of our clothes and blankets in one. Inspect the contents of the mechanical toolbox.

[3] You unbuckle your safety harness and stand up, stretching. Everything is much calmer, and more serene now, except for the occasional moans and groans from those who fared worse than you. You quickly decide that the cabin should eb more tiday, and you grab a tarp, and start piling clothes and blankets into it. You tie the edges of the tarp up and sling it over your shoulder, like some sort of demented Santa Claus.

Gained: Santa Bag o' Clothes and Blankets

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I get out of the pod and begin collecting samples of the various plants in the area, being careful to observe proper safety protocols, EG: don't touch anything suspicious directly.

[4-1] Knowing damn well what kind of freakish things plants can be, especially some of the more odd alien ones, you take safety precautions. Goggle, gloves, and the like acquired from a medikit. Especially after that one guy discovered the 'invasive spiked tentacle plant', you have been careful as hell. Moving around slowly, and with cheeks clenched, The majority that you see seem like fairly standard plants. They have broadened section of trunk that contain chlorophyll-like stuff that lets the absorb sunlight for energy, tube-like structures that sink into the ground and absorb nutrients, that sort of thing. What's not so normal is something that looks very much like a plant, but seems to be some sort of animal. It's immobile, or, at least, you haven't seen them move. They have greenish areas that probably contain chlorophyll, or something like it, but from what you know, they probably require more energy than normal plants.

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Try to wake up and if successful follow the others but act like I have some authority.

[2-1] Lost in unconsciousness, you have grandiose dreams about convincing the others of your power and authority. They worship you, they love you!Ha! And your parents said you were a loser! Your classmates, too! They all were wrong! So wrong! You'll show them! You'll show them ALL!

Gained: Delusions of Grandeur

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Clean off blood and store it for future usage.

O.o

[3] Kat licks it's lips as it looks over the slumbering and bloody form of Daniel Carrion. Oh, this should be good. You carefully gather a few vials from a medikit, because everyone's too scared to stop you. You carefully gather a vial of his blood, and grin. Oh yes, his blood is yours, and now, now THAT will come in handy.

Gained: Vial of Daniel Carrion's Blood

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Try to find some more isolating material and upgrade my shock spear with it and go outside checking whats there

[2] Jets, grinning from ear to ear with his new acquisitions, wanders outside of the Pod, intent on insulating his new weapon that he himself made. You grab a random vine you see, and start wrapping it around the haft of the spear, again and again, stripping off leaves. As you go. This is gonna be awesome! As you finish wrapping it, you give your new and 'improved' weapon a few test swings. The vine unwraps and dangles from the shaft, very limply. Aww.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I assess the damage to the escape pod. How difficult would it be to re-launch? How much fuel is left? Are the scanners and computer systems still operational?

[6] You look over the control panel, and start running various diagnostic tests and error reports. Before long, you have a list of statistics about the craft. It was never meant to be able to achieve escape velocity, but with some skill (and luck) you might be able to get it airborne again. However, it was designed to float around in space, and only crash land on planets as a last resort. Flying in an atmosphere is really expensive, fuel-wise. You have maybe a third of a 'tank' of fuel left, but the batteries seem to be holding up fine. Having learned all you can about the pod from the inside, you hop out and start surveying the damage. There are damaged panels, yes, but what does it look like UNDER the panels? To find out, you start pulling them off, and discard parts of the ship in a pile as you try to find out exactly how deep the wounds go.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Get out of the pod and assay the damage done to it. Then go and find something edible nearby on this world.

[6] The damage isn't horrible, as Frederick is quickly discovering. Leaving the ship in his, uh, capable hands, you head out into the Jungle, stomach rumbling. After all, watching several crewmembers being torn up from the inside out makes a girl hunger. That's rater disturbing, actually, but you ignore that and continue on. After getting a few dozen meters inside the underbrush, you hear a low, deep rumbling. Looking around, you manage to spot a creature. It's large...very large, with an indistinct form and a green color, the same shade as most of the plants in the Jungle. The only things that are not are the large, brown eyes, shaped like a goats, and the drooling fangs. It looks like it probably tastes delicious. Oddly enough, it thinks the same about you.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Observations: [1] Huh? Jungle? What Jungle?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 5: Blood and Food.
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 10:17:01 pm »

Lure creature with blood.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41:05 pm »

Look for some sticks and gather them up.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:36 pm »

I'll patch myself up with the medikit.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 11:12:30 pm »

Tru to find again some insulating material and TAKE A LOOK OUTSIDE

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:02 am »

Awake only this time believe in myself.

If I wake up look for anything in the escape pod to heal myself up a bit.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 06:49:51 am »

If we're here long term, we'll need shelter. The main question I see is whether we should disassemble the escape pod to make it, or if we should try to find a better area (possibly inhabited). If we plan to keep moving, it would likely be more fuel efficient to create a buggy of some sort, along with some more weapons.

I help Markus gather wood.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 04:02:59 pm »

I'm thinking along the lines of Notrium at the moment.

It's only so long until those dark aliens come out of the shadows and rip our organs out.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I'll patch myself up with the medikit.

[4-1+1] You shove a few last vials of plant life samples into your pockets (Forgot to put that in there last turn; I'd meant to), you decide you should see to your wounds. You find a place to take a seat and start applying some antiseptic, bandages, anti-bruise cream, hand lotion, and caffeinated soap. Before long, you're feeling much better. (Supplies: 4)You still have lots of supplies in the medikit, so you stow it away and stand up, stretching just in time to see Jess and Company return.

Gained: Plant Samples
Gained: Healthy
Gained: Dabbling First Aid (1/2) Exp

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Awake only this time believe in myself.

If I wake up look for anything in the escape pod to heal myself up a bit.

[4-1] With a start, you awaken. Kat is looking at you with a particularly odd gleam in her/his eye, but you shrug it off, certain that it's not creepy or foreboding at all. You can't help but notice how much the Pod is on the ground now, and half of the people in the pod are standing around outside, messing around with plants, and bringing horrible flesh eating creatuers back with them.

Gained: Consciousness

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Tru to find again some insulating material and TAKE A LOOK OUTSIDE

[4] You grumble and mutter to yourself, knowing that you can do a lot better than that. You find some dry, plant-y material and wrap it around the handle, tying it tightly. Your Boy Scout training finally comes in handy! You swish your shock spear around some, and feel confident the vines will probably hold and probably not let you shock yourself too badly. You're ginning like a fool, just as Jess comes back, with a friend.

Gained: Improved Shock Spear
Gained: +1 Weaponsmithing Exp

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Look for some sticks and gather them up.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I help Markus gather wood.

Helping each other, you have a better chance. [2+1][4+1] Markus starts casting about the woodsy area, looking for twigs and the like. He quickly finds several weedy twigs, and a few branches, somewhat rotted and falling apart. His arms fill with a variety of substandard hunks of wood, and he starts piling it in the middle of the 'clearing', such as it is, left by the Escape Pod. Frederick soon gets bored of digging around in the internals of the Escape Pod, and decides feels like being a woodsman. Not just any woodsman, however. Frederick XVI is not one to be upstaged by a dock worker. Moving to a particularly fine and healthy tree, he whips out a few cutting tools from his toolkits, and misuses them horribly, using it to cut down the tree. 'TIIIIIIMMMMMMBEEERRR' He cries, as it falls. No longer has the tree fallen is he peeling the limbs and bark off, then starts cutting it into serviceable boards.

Gained: Rotting branches and various sticks
Gained: Several thick wooden planks
Frederick: Gained: Novice Woodcutting (0/4)

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
(auto) Move away from the dangerous looking creature, slowly, and head back towards the others.

[3] The beasts eyes watch you closely, and you can tell it is sniffing the air. Your scent. Jess moves back slowly, as to not immediately engage any overt predatory reactions. However, as she moves just beyond the copse of trees she was just standing in, she makes a break for it, unnerved. The beast busts through the underbrush and charges after the woman. She makes haste towards the rest of the group, and manages to call out a short warning of, "HELP!" before it bursts through the Jungle behind her. It's a large (10 feet at the shoulder), mostly Gorilla-shaped creature. Its head is distressingly human-like, except for being green, having goat eyes, and an overly large jaw and fangs. Its arms are huge, very well muscled, and long. It uses them to move quickly, and knuckles in with a surprising swiftness. It's lower half is, again, distressingly human, even the genitals (It's a male) seem very human-like, aside from the fuzzy and short green fur. It bellows as it sees the group of people, momentarily indecisive as to whom it wants to kill first.

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Lure creature with blood.

[3] Kat watches Daniel get up, and frowns, somewhat sad to lose her/his best (so far) source of blood. In fact, Kat is so disturbingly focused on Daniel that he/she barely notices when Jess runs through the camp, screaming for help with the giant man/gorilla thing close behind. 'Aha!' comes Kat's response, and he/she quickly stands, and walks towards the creature. Kat uncorks the vial and wtarts waving the vial around, slinging blood around, splattering the area and filling the air with the smell of blood. The creature's nostrils swell a few times as it takes in the scent of blood, and it looks even more hungry.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Observations: [3] Lots of alien Jungle all around, a huge freaking green gorilla/human thing in the middle of the clearing. All other animal noises have gone quiet.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2010, 09:32:47 pm »

Ride monster like a mechanical bull. Then shoot it in the back of the head.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »

THUNDER SPEAR THE MONSTERS ASS AND DO FINISHER COMBO MOVE UP UP RIGHT DOWN

yes i know i wrote it in caps but i did it on purpose
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14