Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12219 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Ah, crap. (Turn not finished)
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2010, 10:59:59 pm »

Turn 17

PCs Turn!

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Harvest my own blood anyways.

[1] You need blood. Your own blood. You need it, and you need it now. You head over to the horrific, dying, plant/baby animal creature thing that Frederick XVI 'created', and find a sharp claw among the...remains. You raise it up and pierce your wrist deeply, your artery spurting blood into the air. Smiling, as you achieve success. [1+1] Your happiness is short lived. As you start casting about for something to collect the lovely blood in, you feel woozy, and slump to your knees. Your blood drains upon the floor, mixing with the...juices of whatever it was Frederick made.

Gained: Woozy (Partial actions only, -2 to all stressful actions.
Gained: Bleeding heavily.

Quote from: Anderson (Tarran)
Find something to heal my hand, I'm NOT going to have a broken hand for the rest of the game. I also stay as far away from Kat as possible.

[1]  You stagger off into the right hallway, clutching your hand and resisting the pain. As you make your way down the hallway, the noises of the others fade behind you. Creatures of all sorts and shapes are passed by as you look for anything that looks like it might be even remotely usable. After some time, you come to a larger room with platforms stretching over an abyss. In the center of the platform, which is perpendicularly intersected by another walkway. At the center lies what looks like a very large and oddly shaped dentists chair. You climb in, and breathe, the pain in your hand intense. Sudden;y, restraints, flexible and strong, fly from the arms of the chair. One crushes your injured hand even worse, and the other pins you to the chair. You are trapped, and far from anyone who might care.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
First fire my gaus gun at that thing and GTFO and then Give some basic survival rules to my team Like DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM YOUR TEAM etc.

[6-2] You charge in. Jets, the Hero. The Marine. There is a crumpled mass of plant life lying in front of a chamber. Its pods have wilted, and half-formed creatures fall from it, dying or dead before they emerge. You know wrong when you see it. You fire your Gauss gun, striking it in the center of its mass. [4+3] The hideous thing explodes all over the room, exploding nastily. It is very, very dead. You grab anyone who will listen, which turns out to be Jess and Markus, 'DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM YOUR TEAM WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HOW DARE YOU WHAT THE HELL!' The two seem to be dim-witted, though, and you sigh, shaking your head. Seems like they will never learn.

Gained: Gauss Gun Expertise: (1/2) Exp

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I leave the room and look around. I want to find out more about the facility, and hopefully something that can be deconstructed and weaponized.
Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Since I wanted to leave the room too I will just help Nirur search

[4] [4] = [5] Kenton comes up to you, demanding control over the thing. You don't even care, as what you tried Didn't even not work. Instead, you decide to go find something to turn into a weapon. Daniel thinks that idea is spiffy. Shit, who wouldn't want a random weapon out of unknown alien tech that creates bizarre plant/mammal things and abducts humans for shits and giggles, apparently?  The two of you head left, and soon, the endless hallways of bizarre creatures held in suspended animation gives way to a closed room. You approach the doors and they open. There are large crates, 8' x 8', scattered about the room, and a harness-looking thing on the wall. Frederick starts putting it on, because, fuck, why not? Daniel helps, and soon the straps are wrapped around Frederick, and they start to move. They snap into place handily, and Frederick feels...different. He moves his hands around, and feels a ghostly sensation on his hands. He reaches towards a box at random, and grabs it. It raises up as he lifts effortlessly, several meters away from his actual hands. Groovy.

Gained: Remote Manipulation Device

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I use the device to create a living weapon, a creature that looks like a gauntlet, but that enhances the wearer's strength and "eats" organic matter the palm touches. Also make it secrete acid from the palm, because why the heck not?!

[1+1-2]

You spot the horrific thing that Frederick creates, and think, "FUCKING RIGHT!" Now THIS is what you got into genetics for. Screw that bullshit hippie 'curing cancer' crap, you want to make some sort of living glove thing that drips acid. Beats the hell out of 'curing diseases' and 'making the world a better place' bullshit. Who cares that it's stupidly complex and using alien technology you don't understand and languages you don't get and genetic properties you can't possibly understand without extensive training. Screaming, "Stand back everybody, I'm going to try SCIENCE!" and shove him out of the way as you take the controls. After a while of dicking around you finally figure some stuff out. You grab and drag various beings around, looking through screens and screens full of incomprehensible data. Double Helixes, Triple Helixes, and thins you are certain don't even actually count as DNA swirl past your vision as bizarre body shapes stream past. You see a...lets call it a graph, of something you think indicates pH. You pick that creature and it swims into view, both on your screen and in the chamber. It's...not pretty. It has a base of some sort, and several closed things you are assuming are eyes. An obvious maw is near the center, and it is filled with recurved fangs. Its body is an unholy yellowish color, and it looks...'wet'. You try and manipulate the pH portion of it, and pull out the 'genes' you think are relevant, then grope for a way to store them. Just as you grab a hologram and twist it, the door opens and it opens its eyes. With a horrifoc scream/belch, it slumps out of the chamber and looks around the room. Literally. There are more eyes on this thing than a potato.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Be entranced by Jets
Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Be entranced by Jets

Jets is so awesome. You love him very much. Too much.

NPC's Turn!

All dead.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 8. Anderson (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:41:23 pm by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 16: It's alive! ALIVE! (Well,was)
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2010, 11:08:19 pm »

I ORDER the restraints off. NO ONE MESSES WITH ANDERSON!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »

Walk again with the team and push those 2 numbnuts

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2010, 11:52:16 pm »

Run around looking for more awesome alien technology

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50:53 am »

(Invisible?) Harness of telekinesis +2? Squee!

After he aided me, it is only fair that I aid Flintus in his search.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2010, 04:22:18 pm »

Yeah I'll finish the round and update the statuses tonight, I was just out of energy last night
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2010, 06:32:27 pm »

Replenish my blood with the blood I have collected (My own character is beginning to worry me now).
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2010, 01:40:12 pm »

Bumt.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2010, 07:24:29 pm »

Help out the restrained man.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2010, 02:20:40 pm »

BUMP-ER CAR

Seriously though. Bump.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2010, 06:31:55 pm »

Yeah, yer right. I'll work on it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2010, 06:26:14 pm »

Bump.

Also: You need to add me to the first post.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]