Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12230 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 13: Popsicle Men and Goo-B-Gone!
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2010, 10:08:04 am »

Hint: If you're typing turns in notepad, toggle wordwrap before copying the text to get rid of the annoying spaces.

I was wondering about that. Thanks!
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2010, 10:50:32 am »

Go back to the ships and drink some clean water and rest!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2010, 09:05:56 pm »

Turn 14

PCs Turn!

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
I search for a way to harvest the creatures blood.

[2] You stare at the (frozen?) creatures in their prisons, unconcious and apparently perserved. You search all over for anything any way to get in to them, lusting for their blood. Sadly, there's nothing in the way of openings or buttons or creases or anything. You walk for what seems a while. Most spaces are empty, some are filled. Most are Not Human. After some distance, the hallway opens up into a giant cavern. A playform lets you walk towards the center, and you gee a large structure of what seem like glass panes and a cylinder in the center of it. You head towards it, and the glass panes spring to life, glowing with strange, three-dimensional symbols, asymetric and in various colors. You walk in wonder up to what seems to be the main pane, and reach towards a glowing symbol at the top of the panel. As your fingers touch the symbol, it flashes and swirls, and you hear...something. Suddenly, the cylinder in the center of the room is filled with a body. A human. You stare at him for some time, hungering for blood. You look back to the main glass pane. In it you see a DNA Double Helix, a body scan of a human with various spots on it lit up with labeled sysmbols, and a large red symbol. Soon, Frederick walks in, and calls out to you. Hurriedly, you think, 'Blood..' and grab at the crimson symbol. It flares to life and the human in the cylinder convulses, and a door opens in the cylinder.  The man falls to his hands and knees and shudders, coughing and weak.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I yell twice to let the others know where we are, then I descend into the hole and follow Kat, spear at the ready (After descending).

[4] You throw your head back and bellow, "Hellloooo!" after a few heartbeats, and you regain your breath "Helllllooooooo! Anyone there?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZurS1L3cV48) You shrug your shoulders and decide to head into the mysterious dark hole after the strong and tough, disturbed survivor of a traumatic experience who seems inordinately facinated with blood and unbothered by any sense of morality. What could possibly go wrong? As you get to the bottom of the hole, you look around, your eyes adjusting. You see a lit hallway, which you assume Kat has gone own. You set off, intent on following. When you reach the edge, you look around and see the aliens and humans, in suspended animation, surrounding you. You gape, as any learned scientist would do. Looking around, you see Kat far ahead. As you walk, you see a human suddenly disappear. You cannot believe this to be a coincidence. You start running down the hallway, and arrive in a large cavern. Kat is messing around with what looks like a holographic glass panel, and you see the same human floating in a large cylinder. You run forward, claling to Kat. Kat startles, and turns back to the controls, quickly making a movement. he door opens, and the man falls out, on all fours. What. The. Fuck?

Gained: Yelling  (+1 Exp)

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Follow Kat and Frederick. And try the spear again while Im at it.

[5] You swing your head around at the first call. Shortly, you hear another call, and you start towards the sound. You beat your way through the thick jungle for some time, and, just when you are doubting your direction, you happen upon a clearing, with a neat hole in the center of it. You move towards it, and see a vine, obviously used as a rope, secured and leading down into the hole. You climb on down, and, as your eyes adjust, you see the hallway before you.

Gained: Tracking (+2 Exp)

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
(Auto) Help Jess then head back to camp.

[3] You drag the shelled creature's body out of the water, then head slowly back to camp, carrying your tarp full of crap. You heard a noise behind you, but then, the Jungle is full of noises.

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Go back to the ships and drink some clean water and rest!

[Autosucceed] You head back towards base camp, and to the Escape Pod. At the Food and Beverage Machine, you order a glass of cool water. It hums to life, and you drink deeply, then settle into a chair to relax.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Craft a sweet set of shell armor.

[3] You think to yourself, "Now, if I were on some isolated planet in the space age, what would I do after killing a giant crab creature? I know! Make armor of its shell!" Using this logic, and the help of your compatriots, you drag the thing to shore and start removing exoskeleton from flesh. Except it's not as easy as that as removing the skeleton from a creature is pretty hard, especially when that skeleton is holding together the insides of that creature. You work for hours and recieve a mound of chitin.

Gained: A lot of Chitin

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
Steal a set of warm clothes from Markus and put them on. All without being seen.

[5] An old movie's theme music fills the inside of your head as you follow behind Markus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1tc493bZM), rolling and dodging behind bushes, trees, and the like. Markus doens't suspect a thing. The fool. Your eyes linger on the tarp and the clotehs that they hold. Yes. Your prize. As Markus reaches the camp, you strike! You dart behind Markus, and pull warm clothes from the tarp/bacpack thing, and you quickly pull them on. Congradulations, you are now dressed for winter while in a rainforest.

Gained: Stealth (+2 Exp)
Gained: Warm Clothing

NPC's Turn!

All dead.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2010, 09:10:48 pm »

I'll update the statuses tomorrow.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2010, 09:31:34 pm »

Bring the creature to consciousness and interrogate it.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2010, 09:51:56 pm »

I attempt to figure out how to work the holographic system, pretending not to notice my strange colleague's behavior.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 14: Let The Bodies Hit the Floor!
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2010, 03:15:33 am »

Try to figure out where the rest is and take my weapons with m,e

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2010, 07:29:59 am »

Make my crab claw spear and prayfor my success.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2010, 02:01:42 pm »

Heeellooo everyone, guess who I am.

Dust myself off and look for some weaponry.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2010, 02:18:00 pm »

Mount chitin onto my back brace.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2010, 08:51:58 pm »

Turn 15

PCs Turn!

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
Bring the creature to consciousness and interrogate it.

[3] You look at Anderson and your curiosity runs wild. Who is he? What does he want? Why is he here? What does his blood taste like? Can I drink some? You hurry over to the man, who is coughing and shaking, looking terrified. As you grab him, his bloodshot eyes look you over, noting your blood covered rags. You ask, "Are you all right? How is your blood?" It seems like a reasonable question to you, but for some reason he doesn't react well to it. At all. He screams, and.. (continued)

Quote from: Anderson (Tarran)
Dust myself off and look for some weaponry.

[1] Your eyesight is blurry, you can hardly think. All you can do is cough. If you could, you'd puke, but your body convulses and nothing comes up, not even bile. As you are trying to control yourself, you are suddenly gripped by hands, and you look. Greys and browns fill your vision, ragged and coated in blood. You look up, through bleary eyes, and see a face...a human-like face. It looks human, but you can't tell what gender this thing is. It says something, you don't know what, but the second part you hear too clearly, "...what does your blood taste like?" You know, suddenly, that this thing aims to kill you. with years of honed reflexes you strike at it [1+1-1]. You draw back your left fist, and swing across your body. Sadly, the floor is there, and all you manage to do is slam your fist into the hard metal. You feel, and hear in your skull, the crunch of bone as delicate carpals and metacarpals crack and break under the impact.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I  attempt to figure out how to work the holographic system, pretending not to notice my strange colleague's behavior.

[3+1] You notice the man fall out of the machine, and shortly, Kat runs after him. You decide that it's best for you to not interfere. Kat's pretty freaking crazy, and you'd rather just play with the amazing new technology that sits before you. You reach up, and caress various strange symbols with your hands. You'd swear you could feel them, and manipulate them. It's much like augmented reality, but without a full sim rig. The colors hurt your eyes, and you are certain there are shades you cannot distinguish. After a time, however, you are able to work out what the system seems to be built for. You find several DNA Double-Helix-es, seemingly human. Others are..strange,. Triple-Helix-es. Shapes you can't understand or explain. Body shapes that seem impossible, and even plants. The odd thing is, you seem to be able to combine various aspects of some pieces of DNA into others. How odd.

Gained: +1 Exp: Understanding of Old Ones Computer system

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Make my crab claw spear and pray for my success.

[3] You finally find a shaft that seems to be suitable, and impale your claw on it. It squelches, and ichor runs down the shaft. but you swing it around a few times, and reckon that it'd probably hurt to get hit with this thing. You can't control the actuation of the claw any, though.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
Mount chitin onto my back brace.

[5] You look over the chitin and ponder for a few moments. Suddenly, you hit upon inspiration. You strip odd your back brace and use it as the base of the crustacean-thing's back. You pull some rudimentary spinal column out, and fasten it to the fake spinal column of your back brace. It miraculously fits perfectly, and the chitin seems secure. Putting the back brace on, you now have a heavily armored back.

Gained: +2 Exp Armorsmithing

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
Try to figure out where the rest is and take my weapons with m,e

[6] you gather up your weapons and dash into the forest, running after the sounds of the cries. Shortly, you reach a hole in the ground, with a vine ladder leading down into it. 'No time for that' you think, and jump directly into the hole. You land hard, stumbling and falling hard onto your back, which knocks the breath out of you. You lay in the dark hole a moment, coughing and gasping for air. Further ahead is a corridor, and you can hear noises coming from it.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Do nothing

[auto] You count how many times you can twiddle your thumbs before they start to ache. 897.

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
(auto)

[2] You decide to contemplate your belly button lint. It's pretty nasty right now, all sweaty and Grey. Ew.

NPC's Turn!

All dead.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 04:09:16 pm by Paranatural »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 15: DNA Party!
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2010, 08:58:47 pm »

Still not in the statuses.

"Dammit, this is the THIRD TIME I broke this hand!"

I suck up the pain and look for something to help my hand, and if Katsuun comes near me again, I Spin-kick Kat.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:18 pm »

"Hey, keep it down. Uh, please. I think this is some sort of genetics tampering/cloning device ... Watch this."

I attempt to splice plant DNA together to get a bush that grows a large amount of sweet orange berries. I'll then look for some sort of "accept" feature.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2010, 09:31:22 pm »

Huh, I was sure I posted an action... ah well.

I head to the complex Nirir found.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2010, 10:22:51 pm »

Stand uncomfortably close to Anderson.

Should he spin-kick me; take it like a Kat and harvest my own blood.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14