Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12237 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. All full up, post your actions.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:45:35 am »

Ok then...

To the escape pods.

how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. All full up, post your actions.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 11:46:59 am »

Get into an escape pod, quickly.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 0, Get your violent Death here.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 01:52:29 pm »

From her station on the bridge, Jess uses the internal scanners/video cameras/or-what-have-you to see what the heck is going on in the airlock and connecting corridors.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 07:41:25 pm »

To the nearest escape pods!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 08:36:37 pm »

Sorry for lateness

Never one to face danger head-on Daniel quickly heads for an escape pod.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 09:08:30 pm »

Woot! Glad I didn't have to skip anyone. I'd like to get at least one tuurn done a day, at the very least by this time. Weekends might be spottier cause I tend to go to New Orleans a lot.

I didn't really expect everyone to bolt for the escape pods so quickly, actually.

And yeah, I went there. They drool acid and everything.

Quote from: Jets
Check around for all the noise and it the ship is about to blo up GO INTO THAT ESCAPE POD [6]

Jets hears the alarms and immediately thinks "What was all that noise?" and springs into action. His combat reflexes taking over, he sprints to the airlock, just in time to see a slick, black alien thing burst through the torso of a crewman in front of him. He barely has time to think, "!" before he evacuates his bowels and starts scrambling backwards, crab-walking towards the escape pods as the long-headed alien pulls back, dropping the corpse.

Quote from: Frederick XVI
I enter the nearest escape pod. [2 ]

Frederick XVI is not the kind of man to get all verkempt over a few sirens. He is the type of man to remain calm, keep cool, and remember the training. His back straight, his eyes determined, his shoulders squared, he marches resolutely and calmly towards the nearest Pod. Sadly, the heathens of the transport are not nearly as orderly, and shove him down in a frantic scramble to get to the pods. 

Quote from: Kat
To the escape pods. [5]
Books will be written, poems will be penned, and songs will be sung of your glorious move to the Escape Pod. Flower pedals (virtually) rained down from on high as you made your way to the Escape Pods, as melodious music filled the corridors. Your entrance into the Pod was magnificent, and you stuck the landing, your ass perfectly nestled in the comforting pilot's chair of a pod. The safety harness feels like a lovers embrace, nestling you comfortingly within.

(+1 to anything relating to being secured inside the Escape Pod)

Quote from: Kenton
Get into an escape pod, quickly. [5]

Not to be outdone, you follow behind Kat, her/his own fabulous entry into an Escape Pod only second to yours. Like a move star walking down the red carpet, you schmooze and make your way to the Pod, occasionally pausing for photographs. Nestling down in the copilots chair, the safety harness envelops you, and you feel warm, and content.

(+1 to anything relating to being secured inside the Escape Pod)

Quote from: Jess
From her station on the bridge, Jess uses the internal scanners/video cameras/or-what-have-you to see what the heck is going on in the airlock and connecting corridors. [5]

Using every bit of her knowledge of surveillance systems, Jess pulls every monitor in the cockpit up to show various screens. Visual, infrared, Radiography, colonoscopy screens of everything that has happened in the airlock. As soon as the seal was made and the crewmen opened the hatch on their side, there was a noise. It was a harsh screeching of metal-on-metal, at first. The crew looked taken aback, and stepped back a step. Not enough. In short order the door was breached, and pulled asunder. A smooth, black alien shot forth from the hatch and immediately tore into the first crew member. All began yelling as the medical team dropped their gear and ran for the exit. The technicians up front stood no chance, the odd, long, curve-headed aliens ripping into them with such power and alacrity as to be unlike anything humanity has seen thus far.

(+2 Exp Knowledge of Smaliens (Nothing like a popular movie series with a similar sounding name, of course. We here at Bay12 respect and obey our MPAA overlords.)

Quote from: Markus
To the nearest escape pods! [1]

Happen to be standing near the airlock when the crew breached it, Markus saw first-hand as the aliens smaliens tore into the crew members. Knocked to the ground, Markus tries to get his brain around what has happened, his eyes seeing things his brain will not believe.

Quote from: Daniel Carrion
Never one to face danger head-on Daniel quickly heads for an escape pod. [1]

Having conned his way into a woman's bed the night before, Daniel Carrion is caught mid-coitus. The klaxons sound, the alarms ring, the lights flash, and it all adds to the passion of the moment. He is nude, and in no 'position' to give much of a damn about any stupid sirens.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 5. Jess Brown (Fortis) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:25:50 pm by Paranatural »
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »

Mispost
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space, and other goodness. Turn 1: Pants on the ground!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »

We must save Markus fastly.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 10:12:58 pm »

Pick my ass up and run the other way!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 10:15:07 pm »

I stand dutifully, tell the person who pushed me down exactly and in no uncertain terms what I think of their lineage, religious beliefs, parentage, intelligence, what I intend to do with their spleen, gallbladder, and pancreas, and what eternal punishments they will suffer after they have shuffled off this mortal coil. I shall then proceed to continue showing the crowed the proper way to march to an escape pod.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 10:24:56 pm »

(Since I don't know if anyone else is on the bridge, I'm going to go as if Jess was the only one there.

Undock from the other ship to keep more aliens from coming onboard. I try and close off doors in the alien's path from the bridge, and if any are caught in a section without humans, vent the aliens into space or drop the air pressure in their sections.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 11:04:07 pm »

Is their blood acidic?GO SAVE MARKUS AND ESCAPE IN OUR ESCAPE PODS if i saved him. If i die then i did it for something good!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 11:07:33 pm »

i reserve a place in death list. I feel a early dead!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 11:12:52 pm »

No one else has asked for a place in waiting line so you guys get first crack, as long as the posts keep coming promptly. BTW as soon as I get all of you responding I'll start the next turn, I won't limit it to once a day as long as everyone gets their actions in.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 11:16:18 pm »

I search the pod for emergency supplies.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14