Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: RTD: Space. Turn 17: Well, that's not good.  (Read 12239 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 9: Drugs, Blood & Beating a dead...err..thing.
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2010, 10:32:27 am »

Get the hell out of the water.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2010, 11:25:58 am »

JETS HUNGRY< JETS COOK MEET

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2010, 11:29:25 am »

I'd have an easier time bettering our position with engineering if somebody gathered wood. I intend to create a battery, a hand-powered generator, and a four-wheeled vehicle, hopefully without rendering the pod completely inoperable. There's clearly some sort of civilization here, and we could probably scavenge scrap parts from it. It's easier then creating a basic industry and turning ore into scrap parts. Also, there should be other survivors somewhere out there.

I retrieve my thrown spear. If somebody gathers wood, I'll create more. Otherwise I'll gather wood myself.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2010, 01:31:49 pm »

i command some guy to make a table or even better a toilet..... MUST CRAP..... HNNNNGHH!!!! OH GOD THE SNAKE IS COMING OUt!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2010, 04:26:44 pm »

I analyze the plants to see if they are similarly related to earth-species.

Not good, sounds like that creature was a human after infection with an alien retrovirus or something.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2010, 05:58:42 pm »

Since I'm getting tired of waiting for the other RTD's, Put me on the waiting list. You'd better put me on the waiting list. I spent so much time on his backstory. :P

Name:Anderson
Profession:First To Fight Orbital Drop Taskforce (FTFODT) gunnery sergeant {retired}
General appearance:Obviously a hardened veteran, in his 30's. Has black hair and a decent body. With several scars. Has 'made peace with god' (though he has no religion) and has very little fear.

Backstory: That I spent way too much time on. ;)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tl;dr, Anderson is badass, so badass that nature is trying to kill him yet still failing. Woo. Yeah. And All that stuff. ::)

Just get me into the game so I can shoot things.

Also: I recommend you guys be more careful now, You don't want to end up like that guy you just killed. :P

Ed; Fixing story slightly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:52:18 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2010, 08:26:03 pm »

Ok, Tarran, you're on the list. I might bring you in before anyone dies or anything. We'll see how it pans out. I think I'm gonna start doing rolls once every 24 hours or so regardless if everyone has posted their actions, so more won't necessarily be a problem.

I didn't know anyone but me and my players read this one :)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2010, 05:48:44 am »

Tell anybody at the camp made-up stories making myself out as a great hero.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 08:37:56 pm »

Turn 10

Quote from: Kat (Katsuun)
I gather random fauna and begin to build a fire.

[4] You look at the fire that Jets has made, and scoff. What was he thinking? He made that fire out of *plants*! Not acceptable. Not acceptable at all. You set your pitcher of blood aside and stalk off into the Jungle, looking for something more suitable. You search for a bit, coming across a burrow at the base of a tree. Fearlessly, you reach your hand in and feel something small, soft, and alive. Pulling it out you see it to be a small, furry, four-legged creature, with small split toes, gray and brown fur, a trunk, and sweet, innocent eyes. Obviously an infant, and terrified. You reach back in the hole and pull out three more, and carry them towards Base Camp. As you walk, you see what looks like a birds nest in the trees, along with a oft noise coming from it. You cast about looking for a rock or something to throw, but then you think, 'Hey, work smarter, not harder.' Using one of baby trunked things, you throw it at the nest. Bullseye! The trunked thing hits the ground with a small, sad crunch as the other two let out soft whimpering trumpet noises in terror. You pick up the broken body of the trunked creature, and the infant bird-things, still in their nest. Arriving back at camp, you use a log to light the small, defenseless baby creatures on fire. They scream as they burn, and you think about how superior your fire is to Jets'.

Quote from: Jess Brown (Fortis)
Get the hell out of the water.

[1] You freeze. Terror clenches at your guts as you see the ripples dart towards you, the unknown creature(s) moving at you, unseen. You can't move. All you can do is watch. Suddenly, there is pain. Your leg jerks from under you and you are pulled under the water. You manage to gasp, getting some precious air before you are pulled under. Whatever has you is cutting into your leg, and you struggle against it. Still near the bank, you push up against the bottom of the stream and your head breaks the surface of the water. You manage a scream before you are pulled back under, and try to keep it from bringing you further into the water.

Quote from: Frederick XVI (Nirur Torir)
I retrieve my thrown spear. If somebody gathers wood, I'll create more. Otherwise I'll gather wood myself.

[1] (I'd actually let you keep that since it wasn't destroyed, I rather assumed you picked it up after the battle, so that part you are safe on.) Thinking to yourself that you could really use some more of these throwing spears, you head off into the Jungle. You cast about for more wood that would make a good spear, but you simply cannot find anything. All wood loose that you find is rotted and weak and damp, and all branches you see are either too high, too small, or too tough. Before long, you end up lost in the Jungle. You start panicking, and look for the Base Camp, but cannot find it. Suddenly, you hear a scream.

Quote from: Kenton (dragnar)
I analyze the plants to see if they are similarly related to earth-species.

[5] Vitalized by your findings, you quickly decide that you need to know if all of this planet is Earth related. You run out to gather a few different plants' samples, and run back to your Escape Pod Lab. You run a few quick tests, and quickly determine that, though the plants you have tested do have something very much like DNA, none of them could have possibly come from Earth. You gain insight into the biology of this planet, but are no closer to answering where the Man-beast came from.

Gained: +2 Exp Biology

Quote from: Jets (Jetsquirrel)
JETS HUNGRY< JETS COOK MEET

[4] You roast the meat, and even add some of its blood as a glaze over the flesh. It smells delicious, like roast pork. You watch the flesh drip upon the fire, and the hiss and sizzle of the meat cooking, and your stomach growls. Goddamn that smells good. Daniel wanders over and starts rambling for a while, something about how great he is, but you really don't give a damn. While it's still Medium-Rare, you pull the roasting meat off the spit and quickly start eating. Salty, juicy, meaty. Oh, God, it's good. You're still basking in the afterglow of having eaten, when you hear the scream from the south. That sounded like Jess.

Gained: +1 Exp Cooking

Quote from: Daniel Carrion (Flintus10)
Tell anybody at the camp made-up stories making myself out as a great hero.

[3] With everyone busy, you decide to settle down at the campfire, and start espousing about how awesome you are. Shortly, you realize how ineffectual this is, as the only person even around is Jets, and he's way more interested in the roasted beast he is cooking. Even your stomach growls, and you get hungry watching him pull it off and eat it. You can't stop shaking, and stand up, pacing quickly. Ever since you ate that berry you cannot seem to hold still. You are energetic, and need to do SOMETHING. Suddenly, you hear a scream.

Quote from: Markus (inteuniso)
(Auto) Be Helpful

[4] You sit around the camp for a while. Jets is cooking, Daniel is rambling and jittery, and you are bored. You get up and start going for a walk, generally wandering south because of the stream Daniel talked about. After a short while, you hear a scream, and you run south, breaking through the foliage, and you see Jess just a bit downstream, in the water, just for a second. She thrashes about before being pulled under, and you run to the bank where you last saw her.

Spoiler: 2. Kenton (dragnar) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3. Jets (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4. Markus (inteuniso) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 6. Kat (Katsuun) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Observations: [1] You see nuttin!
[/quote]
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Space. Turn 10: Burning Babies and Water Foul
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 08:47:29 pm »

I shall head towards the scream, spearing the monster in melee combat if I get to the river.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »

Sprint towards then bank, and begin looking in the water.

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 09:12:50 pm »

Laugh manically and run in the opposite direction of the noise.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:25 pm »

Struggle and try to escape the creatures grips and get out of the river. Scream for help once able.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2010, 09:27:25 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2010, 09:37:43 pm »

Hehe, don't worry, I actually have all the ideas I need.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14