Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1233659 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (new sprites from NW_Kohaku!)
« Reply #4305 on: March 01, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »

The DF song, while it can be repetitive, is nice, and fits with the game (especially if you combine it with soundscape). THeres other stuff I'd need to adjust in the inits anyway, so I'd be fine either way.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #4306 on: March 01, 2012, 10:36:23 pm »

The DF song made a huge impact on my when I first played, and it's pure nostalgic to hear it, even if it get a bit tedious on it's third hour.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: March 01, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »

Cool. It'll be back next version, then.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52:49 am »

I always turn sound off.

In fact, I rarely leave the music on in any game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:05 am »

So guys, I haven't played DF since years back so I needs me a refresher.

How do I update my DF folder to the newest version of Ironhand, without deleting my saves?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: March 02, 2012, 07:29:18 am »

So guys, I haven't played DF since years back so I needs me a refresher.

How do I update my DF folder to the newest version of Ironhand, without deleting my saves?

I strongly suggest you start a new fort, since a lot has changed "recently", and you'll need to relearn. And if "years back" really are a few years, your saves will likely not work with any new version anyway. As far as I know, safegame compatibility only goes back a few versions, until something big is changed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: March 02, 2012, 07:51:10 am »

34.01 isn't compatible with anything updated newer than it, and I'd doubt things older than that would work either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:10 am »

A lovely looking set, i've still yet to try it out as just got so used to Phoebus' but when i'm brave enough to migrate to v34 i'll give it a go. Fantastic work by the contributors and Ironhand.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

jellydonut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:09 am »

Thanks Ironhand! It just didn't feel right to play as humans... no beards at all, and no discomfort of the sun.

Nerfer2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: March 02, 2012, 12:55:28 pm »

Hey Ironhand, I kind of dislike the way the combat menu is all like this, with it blacking out half the screen and whatnot. This wasn't how it was in the last test build version nor the one before that. I understand it is like the ACII version too.

How would I go about making this like it was before?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: March 02, 2012, 01:03:17 pm »

I notice a lot of black bars erasing menu text too. Inv screen for dwarfs and creatures is cut off the side too

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: March 02, 2012, 01:05:57 pm »

Ironhand can do nothing about that, the question has been asked multiple times before, if you want to get rid of the black bars switch off TrueType support. There you go.
Taste my Paci-Fist

netnazgul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:48 pm »

I notice a lot of black bars erasing menu text too. Inv screen for dwarfs and creatures is cut off the side too
This is a common issue for DF entirely, not only for Ironhand. So yes, the only way is to disable TTF until Toady fixes this (you can press F12 to switch between TTF and ASCII)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: March 02, 2012, 02:25:32 pm »

Toady or Baughn, that is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: March 03, 2012, 01:36:22 am »

You guys are being far too kind, and you don't have to put my name in the title, I'll get embarrassed.  I don't even know why I started doing these, I guess I just felt a manic creative mood strike me.  I was going to cool it, now that I had an urge to go onto other things, but I guess I should try to do as many of these as I can.

I'm honestly surprised, myself, at how some of these turn out the way they do.  I did the snail, gray parrot, and parakeet, and looked back at it and wondered how, exactly, I managed to just do what I did. 

By the way, I haven't gone back to draw the whatever-man creatures, yet.  I'll go on with the base creatures unless people really want to see the Masked Lovebirdman or something more than the desert gecko.  I haven't actually played fortress mode since 34.01 yet (only been trying out adventurer stuff and messing with the naga mod), so I don't know what you guys see the most of or are in the most desperate need to have graphicized.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 329