Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1233358 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set
« Reply #4140 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:13 pm »

Pretty sure he's just waiting for Toady to merge it into the upcoming DF.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: January 28, 2012, 02:35:27 pm »

Yeah, word in the tunnels is that it's all fixed now, we just need to wait to get our hands on it.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: January 28, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »

This is definitely my favorite tile set.

^ just saying...was poking in to see what you have planned for the new version! I can only imagine what beautiful stuff will pour forth from your mighty artistic talents in the time after the new release!

Also I was curious if there was a way to slightly decrease the size of the tileset to work on a 1280 x 1024 resolution...My monitor decided to die and I was forced to downgrade. I assumed (and am likely wrong in every way) I could just like...resize the whole thing with a photo editing software then alter the proper files to accommodate the new size? I suppose I could just play and deal with some of my screen cut off since its only like a 12% difference in size or something (18x18 to 16x16)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:04:01 pm by dennislp3 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: January 28, 2012, 08:25:08 pm »

The tileset works perfectly fine on 1366x768, you just see less things at once at default zoom if I remember it correctly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: January 28, 2012, 08:52:43 pm »

Yeah, you can fiddle the mouse wheel to zoom in to full size, and it works fine.
I'm on a 1366 monitor now too, and it still looks great. You just get a couple fewer tiles.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: January 28, 2012, 09:42:01 pm »

Also I was curious if there was a way to slightly decrease the size of the tileset to work on a 1280 x 1024 resolution...My monitor decided to die and I was forced to downgrade. I assumed (and am likely wrong in every way) I could just like...resize the whole thing with a photo editing software then alter the proper files to accommodate the new size? I suppose I could just play and deal with some of my screen cut off since its only like a 12% difference in size or something (18x18 to 16x16)
If you really want to resize the tileset for your monitor I wrote an Octave script to do that a while ago.
It is called Tileset Resizer, the readme for it also includes instructions on what files need to be edited if you do decide to change the size of the tileset to make it display correctly.

You should know that due to the hardcoded 80 minimum displayed horizontal tiles that on a monitor with a 1280 pixel horizontal resolution Dwarf Fortress will automatically resize the tiles to 16x16 to meet this limit anyway.
I gave a more detailed explanation about the implications of the 80 tile limit here if anyone is interested in it.

Because you want to decrease tile size you can get decent results by setting
Code: [Select]
[TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST]
in init.txt instead of
Code: [Select]
[TEXTURE_PARAM:LINEAR]
This will make Dwarf Fortress use nearest neighbor interpolation instead of linear interpolation to resize the tileset (when zooming or using a tileset too large for you monitor).
Because tilesets have a low resolution NEAREST should look better than LINEAR when decreasing size.

Edit:
I put up a comparison of the results you can get from the Tileset Resizer function intended for downsizing tilesets (resize_tileset_tilebytile) comparing the different interpolation methods available in Octave for final tile sizes ranging from 24x24 to 10x10.
It is very large (10.4 MB) so you will need to click on the Download Image button to see the fullsize image.
That should help you decide if it you want to spend the time to resize the tileset yourself or not.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:05:58 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: January 29, 2012, 01:03:03 am »

...that is pretty amazing lol...thanks a bunch man!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: January 30, 2012, 09:04:03 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99864.0

The above is a patch that fixes the TT issue...so...yeah dont have to wait for the release!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: February 01, 2012, 09:49:06 pm »

Wow, cool! I'll have a look.

I should start spritin' it up anyway, huh?
Not long now before you people are gonna want an update!

Sarlare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: February 01, 2012, 11:59:52 pm »

Hurrah! I wonder if were-creatures will have their own sprites...only time will tell :D

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: February 02, 2012, 12:09:49 am »

I was actually tempted to ask if you started working on an update yet XD I wont really be playing the new release until the first bug fix release (at least) and I wont get really into it until I have your wonderful sprites ready for it!

Torch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: February 03, 2012, 04:08:53 am »

Hi! New to DF and your graphic set is making the experience quite enjoyable but I'm wondering if it's possible to switch to the numbered water instead of the visuals while keeping the other sprites?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:33 am »

Pretty sure theres an option for that, did you check the init or d_init for anything that would sound like it did that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: February 03, 2012, 10:28:10 am »

open data\init\d_init.txt

change
[SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:NO]
to
[SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:YES]

Torch