Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1233190 times)

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.50! Come and get it!)
« Reply #3375 on: February 17, 2011, 05:10:49 pm »

whats with the new ore? why does all of my iron have mint icecream on it?
the gold aswell, i dont understand. what was wrong with the old ore

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #3376 on: February 17, 2011, 05:36:48 pm »

It would be really cool to have a configuration tool that would allow people to customize this set with different options, mixing and matching things from previous versions.  I know I personally liked the older Ore better than the new one.

I'm thinking of something along the line of the customizer for the painterly pack for minecraft. http://painterlypack.net/customizer.php
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: February 17, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

The ore, the water, and the darkness of the graphics are the only three things I thing there has been major argument over, being able to change those would be pretty good, yeah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #3378 on: February 17, 2011, 05:48:22 pm »

It would be really cool to have a configuration tool that would allow people to customize this set with different options, mixing and matching things from previous versions.  I know I personally liked the older Ore better than the new one.

I'm thinking of something along the line of the customizer for the painterly pack for minecraft. http://painterlypack.net/customizer.php

Actually, I'm bored enough that I think I'm going to give writing a configurator a shot.  I've got some ideas that would allow for mixing things together from several different tilesets.
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

Kian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: February 17, 2011, 06:20:13 pm »

And as for your dwarfs not showing up... I really have no idea.
The only explanation I have is: you forgot to update your savegame properly,
or you downloaded the upgrade pack instead of the full package, and put it in the wrong place.
Try starting with a fresh install of the complete package, and let me know if it still looks funny.

The save file was generated in a clean DF 31.18, no mods or anything. I then downloaded the full IH install (still 31.18 when I got it), placed it in a different folder so nothing was overwritten or changed. And finally copied over the region directory into the save folder of the IH install.

I didn't see that the Readme included any other directions, or found anything in the thread or download page that would indicate I had to do things differently. If I missed something obvious, I apologize.

The file I downloaded was Ironhand 0.494.rar, weighing 7970KB.

ZioAnthros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: February 17, 2011, 06:43:18 pm »

Is clay supposed to be big mushrooms, or did i do something terribly wrong?

Also, best graphic set. Good job & thanks! =
D

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: February 17, 2011, 07:04:25 pm »

Kian: What you're missing is that the RAW files in your save game won't be correct for the IH graphics pack. I've never personally done it, but there is a saved game updater that you should be able to run on your save to change the RAW files so your graphics are mapping to the tileset properly.

Edit: Unless I'm mis-reading what you meant by a "Clean DF 31.18". I'm assuming you mean a non-graphical version of that version.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Kian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: February 17, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »

Kian: What you're missing is that the RAW files in your save game won't be correct for the IH graphics pack. I've never personally done it, but there is a saved game updater that you should be able to run on your save to change the RAW files so your graphics are mapping to the tileset properly.

Edit: Unless I'm mis-reading what you meant by a "Clean DF 31.18". I'm assuming you mean a non-graphical version of that version.

Ah. That must be it then. I'm new to DF, and by clean install I mean I only have the game I downloaded from Bay12 and now IH's version. If I have to update the RAWs for them to fit with the game, no clue how it's done but it gives me something to start looking for. Thanks.

EDIT - I downloaded the SDL version of DF, not the legacy one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:59:41 pm by Kian »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: February 17, 2011, 09:01:39 pm »

In the IH download should be a program named savegame_updater.bat or something like that. Just run it in your DF-Folder and you should be fine.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: February 17, 2011, 09:06:58 pm »

savegame_updater seems to fix almost everything in here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: February 17, 2011, 09:13:05 pm »

Yeah, everybody's who complaining about stuff: update your savegames.

As for the ore, bug Wormslayer about it. I haven't touched the tileset in a long time, honestly.
And with the water, we have a perfectly nice set of water tiles. But we can't really user them right now,
unless we're willing to sacrifice numbers in menus, about which there were a lot of complaints when we tried it.

So I guess we'll just have to deal with it until Toady fixes the TTF support...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:27 pm »

Yeah, everybody's who complaining about stuff: update your savegames.
You should add that to the OP whenever you update it next, IH.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: February 17, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

Done.

Also, if any of you want to donate screenshots from your current fortress (or adventure mode, or whatever), that would be awesome!

ZioAnthros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: February 17, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »

Turns out i updated my backup... heh, thanks!

Have you considered the "water & number" approach?
I think i'll try that now actually. Should be easy to photoshop.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: February 17, 2011, 10:47:38 pm »

Hey, guys! I made some sprites!

They are pretty fowl.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 329