Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1233308 times)

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.31.18 version out!)
« Reply #3225 on: January 09, 2011, 12:19:53 pm »

pure awesome
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 09, 2011, 02:50:36 pm »

A truly Ore-gasmic setup, the miners should be delving harder than ever with such lovelies in sight. ;D

---

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #3227 on: January 09, 2011, 03:35:10 pm »

That is some sweet looking tetrahedrite!I have tried several times to make nice crystaline shapes like that, but they tend to look like lumpy blobs when reduced to 18x18 :D

I re-made the badlands cracked tile to make it actually tile seamlessly, here's what it looks like when applied to slate, shale and slade:

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 09, 2011, 03:38:21 pm »

I'm not quite familiar with ironhand development but that cyan stuff look like devilish grinny faces
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 09, 2011, 03:41:51 pm »

Whats the green mossy things?
otherwise, awesome going, WormSlayer!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #3230 on: January 09, 2011, 03:43:36 pm »

I'm not quite familiar with ironhand development but that cyan stuff look like devilish grinny faces

If you step back a page, you will see the semi-failed experiment those cyan tiles come from :D

Whats the green mossy things?

Those would be lumps of galena ore :)

I like the 'value=rarity' system.  One little request, though: could you make the iron ores visually distinct from the hybrid ores, tile-wise?  Just a thought.

By "hybrid ores" you mean tetrahedrite and galena? I dunno about using another tile slot for them, but maybe they could be ore/ore rather than ore/rock?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:02:20 pm by WormSlayer »

AirsBlue

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Airs 'BurningTree' Blue, of the Ryvius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 09, 2011, 07:05:19 pm »

I re-made the badlands cracked tile to make it actually tile seamlessly, here's what it looks like when applied to slate, shale and slade:

I love how that looks.
Can't wait to see how things will look when you've got everything set up :)

Fertilizing my trees with the ashes of Elves

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #3232 on: January 09, 2011, 08:18:38 pm »

Attempting to combine IH's ore tile, which I really like, with last nights attempt:

(Also using the correct material colours.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: January 09, 2011, 08:55:14 pm »

ooh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3234 on: January 09, 2011, 09:15:59 pm »

Attempting to combine IH's ore tile, which I really like, with last nights attempt:

Be careful using correct material colours. I'm working on some better stones for stonesense, and I've already discovered that kimberlite and cobaltite are grey stones in real-life. That means that there's no actual blue stones in df :/ (well, okay, gabbro can be dark blue, but so can marble)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 09, 2011, 09:20:15 pm »

We've got enough grey stones already. let there be blue!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

AirsBlue

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Airs 'BurningTree' Blue, of the Ryvius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 09, 2011, 09:26:34 pm »

I'm Airs Blue gorramit. I need Blue for my floor designs!
lol

And those metal ore icons are delicious.

Fertilizing my trees with the ashes of Elves

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3237 on: January 09, 2011, 09:36:29 pm »

Indeed.

Also, I was just reminded of something while reading the discussion on kobolds:

Kobolds in DF are "A small, squat humanoid with large pointy ears and yellow glowing eyes." and they have brown skin according to the raws.

None of the graphics sets actually reflect this. You might want to consider changing it, unless you don't wish to annoy the cute!kobold fans :/
(Or maybe there should be a seperate kobold-like race modded called 'cutebolds')
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:35 pm »

Looking at the newer picture and the older picture, WS, the newer ones seem a bit greyed out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 09, 2011, 10:17:09 pm »

Looks good to me.  Yeah, giving hybrid ores higher contrast like that has exactly the effect I was looking for.  Thanks!

And I think the main reason kimberlite is blue in DF is that in the old days unweathered kimberlite was arbitrarily called "blue ground" to differentiate it from "yellow ground" (weathered kimberlite, which actually is yellow).  Power of Wikipedia!
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 329