Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1234671 times)

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (here's 0.43!)
« Reply #1515 on: July 19, 2010, 08:40:31 pm »

Hey Star Weaver, shouldnt all those " symbols outside be showing a plant graphic?

Yeah, I was just wondering about that myself. They don't show up as anything when undesignated. It's probably cotton or safflower or something; I've got Rhenaya's plants and one of my own. I think I left the raws with tiles set for them in the .42 directory -- I made some changes on the DFTerm version, so I copied the raws over and re-merged the IH tiles with the Selector tool thinigie; from an incomplete set :\.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 19, 2010, 08:54:54 pm »

Those new engraved floors are awesome. *weeps at the beauty* Seriously though, very nice. :D
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Rebirthocool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 19, 2010, 09:04:38 pm »

Eviltane01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 19, 2010, 09:11:56 pm »

Yoyo  just wanne show my support to the mod. I love it!
Ironhand and wormslayer and too all the others that work on this mod  I invite all of you to my legendary ale stores 10 000 Barrels of the finest drink await you!

;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:13:56 pm by Eviltane01 »
You can, of course, simply divert the river through your dining hall, if you want to take the easy way out.

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 19, 2010, 09:15:38 pm »

Latest chairs and tables, unexpected twist, and definitely a distinctive design. While the previous stone stools looks more sturdy, fairly neutral, and would represent a safer design, the later and more elaborate approach would solidify the uniqueness of this project, seeing as there are stools present in other sets. Once again the path is far from linear. :-)

---

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1520 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25:02 pm »

That last screenshot reminded me to have a fiddle with the "remains" tile. How about a pile of generic offal with a bone sticking out?

(Bone and bits of bone tinted by foreground colour, offal tinted by background colour; but I dont have any exotic bits laying around :P)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:32:04 pm by WormSlayer »

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 19, 2010, 09:41:02 pm »

That last screenshot reminded me to have a fiddle with the "remains" tile. How about a pile of generic offal with a bone sticking out?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Bone and bits of bone tinted by foreground colour, offal tinted by background colour; but I dont have any exotic bits laying around :P)
omg you can totally mix that with one of the levers, just add a skull or something O.o

probly won't be good but might be fun(ny) to mess around with XD

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 19, 2010, 09:42:11 pm »

Regarding the remains: Slightly hard to identify the bone, it merges with the refuse, and thus it is possible to come up with imagery based on the complete shape. Might have to be more obvious, and less generic maybe.

Heh. I can see a weird animal there now, after doing the mind trick on myself. 

--- 

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 19, 2010, 09:48:58 pm »

I might be in the minority, but it seems to me that remains would look a lot better if they were just white, with maybe a bit of red tinting to the pile of offal. That would make the bone sticking out a lot more prominent and should clear up confusion as to what it is. The tinting of objects just doesn't seem to fit real well with that particular item. Again, this might be just me...

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1524 on: July 19, 2010, 10:02:13 pm »

If only such a thing was possible Theodolus! The remains look like this before the engine butchers the colour scheme :P

Edit: To clarify; any graphics we make automatically get tinted different colours by the game engine depending on what material its made from and stuff. :)

In some random circumstances it may end up looking exactly like that in game, but only if the particular remains happen to use the correct foreground and background colours...

Edit: Oh... If I swap the foreground and background it looks a lot better :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:17:15 pm by WormSlayer »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 20, 2010, 12:21:04 am »

It looks rather like a turkey to me.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 20, 2010, 01:47:11 am »

For those of you who like the white grout here is a variation that occurred to me: If you can paste this into the tilesheet with the alpha channel intact, smooth floor tiles will have black grout and engraved floors white/coloured grout:

Example:

I LOVE it!

And the sand in your latest screens make me wish we had tile transitions (or at least ... uh... "region rounding") in DF.

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 20, 2010, 07:02:07 am »

I wonder if a custom reaction could be created to make something like a bucket of grout filler in the colors of sand?
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Vinnie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 20, 2010, 12:44:22 pm »

Ooooh~ The sneak peek stuff just looks so pretty~. How I want it... Excellent work, guys!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 20, 2010, 02:07:52 pm »

For anyone who wanted the smooth floors with black grout and the engraved floors with white grout. This is on WormSlayer's round chair set.

If you want to put that smooth floor tile onto one of the other versions all you need to do is save the tile WormSlayer gave us as a .png, open ironhand.png in GIMP, use the select tool to select the appropriate tile (3rd row down, 5th from the right), erase the tile, copy and paste the new tile in. Pretty simple, just make sure that you see the alpha channel (gray and dark gray pattern) before pasting in the new tile.

Also, Worm, Ironhand, hope it's okay that I keep throwing these up. If you'd rather I not I'll restrain myself. :D

Edit: WormSlayer, are the four gem tiles you gave us on page 100 the actual deal, or is there a non-colored version that should be pasted into the set? I like those gems more than the ones in the sets we have.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:11:06 pm by Theodolus »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 329