Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1234668 times)

blub-dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (here's 0.43!)
« Reply #1500 on: July 19, 2010, 12:17:39 pm »

hi thanks for the fast replay thetipp with zooming works wonderfull on my 40" TV

one last wish or question
is it possible for someone with graphic skills to changethe smoothedstone from black lines to white? just would want too know how this wouldlook like.

tryed it for my self had no luck to change it.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1501 on: July 19, 2010, 01:29:47 pm »

You mean the smoothed floors? They would look roughly like this?

blub-dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 19, 2010, 02:19:48 pm »

yeah thats what i meant
how did you do this?
i want to try it on greater rooms if it could look like better or make the game a little bit brither

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 19, 2010, 02:29:49 pm »

hi thanks for the fast replay thetipp with zooming works wonderfull on my 40" TV
Hah, that should be fun.
Someone should play DF hooked up to an IMAX screen, perhaps one floor on each panel. Pure joy.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:02 pm »

Here's what the smoothed floors with white grout looks like in a medium-ish size room. I actually kinda like it... The only problem I see with the white grout is it looks a little less detailed to me. Dark grout looks more detailed except on dark stone where all the detail blends together. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Strangely enough, it had the added effect of making my brown doors actually look good. Below is what the doors and floor looked like with black grout.

...On second thought, that's probably because I used the interim set that WormSlayer posted up a few pages back... Note the round stools.  ::)
By the way, nice interim set. :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:46:50 pm by Theodolus »
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

blub-dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 19, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »

wow i kinda realy like the white stone too
how did you attach the stone in the game?

thanks for your screenshots ^^

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 19, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »

I saved off the .png that Wormy posted and then grabbed his interim set. I used Gimp to copy and paste the white grout tiles onto his interim set. Saved it and then moved it into the \data\art folder. The easiest way to get it to work is to rename ironhand.png into something like ironhand-old.png and then rename your modded set to ironhand.png. In fact you can have all sorts of versions in there and whenever you want to change you just change the name of the one you are using to something else and change the name of the one you want to use to ironhand.png. Quick and easy tileset switching. :)

To save you the work...

Note that this has 'experimental' Wormy art in it that hasn't been incorporated into the actual version yet. Like round stools instead of left facing chairs. :D

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 19, 2010, 05:13:07 pm »

A quick mock-up to see what rounded corners would look like:
That looks good.

And messing about with tables and chairs some more:

Don't like that much, though.  The chairs and tables don't match at all now.  Also, the tables look like they have beveled edges, which is weird.  Why not just go back to your last set of round stools, shorten the legs a bit, and call it a day?

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 19, 2010, 05:33:09 pm »

Wormy: Looking at the various round stools I have to say that I like the ones in the set you posted up. But it seems like it should be smaller around. What would it look like being roughly the same size around as your new ones, but with considerably shorter legs? It seems as though this is a perfect candidate for the 'less is more' type of thing. Don't make it fill the entire space. As nice as it makes it look it also ends up looking like a round table, more or less.  :-\

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 19, 2010, 06:05:17 pm »

I do not like the chairs. It gives the game a more of a, Side-View instead of a Birds-eye view.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 19, 2010, 06:14:55 pm »

I, too, prefer the older chairs.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1511 on: July 19, 2010, 06:58:31 pm »

Yeah I;ve been messing about with the tables and chairs, this is what they look like right now:

Also :D

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 19, 2010, 07:06:16 pm »

The demon tiles are just awesome.

The latset charisperiment is interesting. The stool sorta reminds me of a training maching from ... dungeone keeper? Big post thing with dangling flails.

It would probably help judge if you showed rows of tables and chairs in horizontal and vertical at the same time :D.

Oh, and I flopped my current fort back over to IH (.43 set, I think) and threw it up on DFMA; I just had a goblin ambush set that killed most of my military so I have no idea how much longer I'm going to sruvive :D. I'll throw some POI on it tomorrow when I have time :).

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1513 on: July 19, 2010, 07:11:22 pm »

For those of you who like the white grout here is a variation that occurred to me: If you can paste this into the tilesheet with the alpha channel intact, smooth floor tiles will have black grout and engraved floors white/coloured grout:

Example:

Hey Star Weaver, shouldnt all those " symbols outside be showing a plant graphic?

Funnelling gobbo's through a narrow entrance lined with cage traps seems to work pretty well, here is my main entrance after a recent gobbo siege :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:26:27 pm by WormSlayer »

Urist McFail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 19, 2010, 07:45:27 pm »

I reverted back to your square chair/throne tile.
I tend to have drawbridges raised and the chair tile (and the 3 other rotated chair tiles) is used in drawbridges that raise to the left or right (vertical)

Fingers crossed full graphics get implemented in the future!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 329