Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1234790 times)

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (back!)
« Reply #1290 on: July 11, 2010, 03:17:35 pm »

I like those rocks an minerals. they compliment Ironhand's style very well.
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:29 pm »

VERY nice rocks and minerals! Perfect!

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 11, 2010, 04:00:01 pm »

I just downloaded your graphics set and tried to play DF. What I got was your material tiles without anything else. wolves were 'w's, bears were 'B's, cabinets were 'n's, etc etc.

Halp?

Alcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 11, 2010, 04:04:19 pm »

I just downloaded your graphics set and tried to play DF. What I got was your material tiles without anything else. wolves were 'w's, bears were 'B's, cabinets were 'n's, etc etc.

Halp?

This set is a (Great) work in progress, its not finished. Thats what the .42 means. Its not a whole number.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:00:28 pm by Alcoholic »

Alcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:17 pm »

Opss sorry double post.

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 11, 2010, 04:06:41 pm »

Halp?

I believe this is what you are looking for. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2511
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 11, 2010, 04:34:58 pm »

Gems are still under construction, we shall see what can be done...
Was checking google images for examples, and looks like there can be some pretty crazy natural formations... I know this is a 'crystal' instead of a 'gem', but... still.

http://s.ngm.com/2008/11/crystal-giants/img/crystal-cave-615.jpg

Urist McFail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 11, 2010, 04:41:39 pm »

I shrunk down some 4 post bed images, do you think any of these are useful?

http://imagebin.ca/view/vwnACq.html

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 11, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »

That looks fantastic. You can tell that I'm a big nerd because I just got all excited about pixel art of rocks.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 11, 2010, 06:33:43 pm »

Is there any way to update the graphics without having to use .08 of DF? Because I really like custom adventurer reactions but I also really like seeing the game en detail.

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 11, 2010, 08:10:10 pm »

http://imagebin.ca/view/vwnACq.html

Unfortunately i dont think they would be of any use because of the angle at which they are drawn. However im not an artist so i dont know

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 11, 2010, 08:28:43 pm »

The new rocks and minerals are great Wormy :)

I don't remember anyone asking for star shaped gems, I believe it was diamond shaped ;) Maybe I'm mistaken :D

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1302 on: July 11, 2010, 08:58:26 pm »

Halp?

Sounds like you need the rest of the files that go with the graphics, link already posted above ^^ :)

Is there any way to update the graphics without having to use .08 of DF? Because I really like custom adventurer reactions but I also really like seeing the game en detail.

I *think* you may be able to just copy over the raws and stuff from .08 without DF asploding but make a backup copy before trying it!

Was checking google images for examples, and looks like there can be some pretty crazy natural formations... I know this is a 'crystal' instead of a 'gem', but... still.

That cave is amazing isnt it? Maybe if I make enough different gem tiles I will randomly come across an 18x18 configuration of pixels that everyone loves :P

Thanks dude, the top middle one is actually pretty similar to the most recent one I made. I did try a few 4-posters with a canopy but they are a bit fancy for a barracks or what have you, so it needsto be kind of generic.

I don't remember anyone asking for star shaped gems, I believe it was diamond shaped ;) Maybe I'm mistaken :D

No your right, I was imagining things :P

Oh and of course any change to the "stone" tile also affects the appearance of a few workshops and reminds me of another reason they dont occupy a full tile:

Dye Works - This I really like, Tile Magic for teh win!

Furnaces and stuff - Not so sure about these...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:01:37 pm by WormSlayer »

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 11, 2010, 09:08:01 pm »

I *think* you may be able to just copy over the raws and stuff from .08 without DF asploding but make a backup copy before trying it!

No you cant directly copy them, well yes you can, however(!) there are sizable differences in the new raws (up to 350 + changes in 1) that have nothing at all to do with colour or tiles and copying over them will be just like playing 31.08 without any some of the 31.10 changes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 11, 2010, 09:44:27 pm »

In the previous page, Ironhand mentionned a version .43 of the graphic set with DF 0.31.10 for later this week.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 329