Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1233490 times)

ShnitzelKiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (temp build to play with)
« Reply #4245 on: February 20, 2012, 12:56:55 am »

The current Ironhand download (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53180.0) is for version 0.34.02. It looks like only the .exe was updated in that download, since the file_changes.txt and release_notes.txt are still the ones from 0.34.01, but the game itself is 0.34.02.

Oh, good. So to install it to my existing saves, I just copy the raw folder?

spadark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: February 20, 2012, 03:04:09 am »

I still need the previous version (2010 .31), where can I find it? thx

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: February 20, 2012, 11:39:33 am »

EDIT: Was not related.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:54:59 am by utilitarian »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: February 20, 2012, 11:55:44 am »

For some reason I am stuck playing as humans after manually updating 0.34.02 with 0.6 graphics. Does anyone here know how to change it back to dwarves?

I've tried genning a new world to no avail. I'm not too knowledgeable about modding/the raws but under cursory inspection only dwarves were found to have the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.
Something you did caused a duplicate error most likely. Check your error log, and you raw/objects folder for any "(copy).txt" or backup.txt or whatever else might be an automatic backup, and delete the extraneous files. That'll take care of things for any new world you generate.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: February 20, 2012, 04:24:39 pm »

I've been making graphics for some of the new animals, starting with birds, and putting them in this thread, but it seems like nobody else is really following it... do you guys want me to update this thread when I get a new batch of graphics pushed out, or should I keep in in its own thread?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: February 20, 2012, 05:01:40 pm »

Wow, those are awesome. I love the parakeet.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: February 20, 2012, 05:02:39 pm »

Looks nice indeed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »

Hmm, buggy issue. Installed the temp, adv mode doesn't work well. Crashes every time I talk to an NPC, and do a few other things. :| Haven't tried Fort mode yet.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: February 20, 2012, 05:50:34 pm »

Try getting a 34.02 vanilla SDL download, then copy the files needed for Ironhand's set into that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:52 pm »

I'm tired of getting attacked by ravenous packs of "h"s and "d"s, so I made a couple hyenas and dingoes.

If there are any other creatures that people get attacked by on an abnormally frequent basis, I can prioritize those, as well.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:47:15 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: February 20, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »

Cheetahs and Giant Mosquitos apperantly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:14 pm »

Mosquitos was suppodely fixed by .02, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: February 20, 2012, 07:09:51 pm »

Giant Mosquitos still exist, though.

Anyway, cheetahs already were a part of the graphics, weren't they?

But, anyway, I whipped up a mosquito really fast:

"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: February 20, 2012, 10:25:20 pm »

OK, I rammed through almost all the rest of the birds that weren't done by Kafine (there are 28 new birds total).  That's 19 plus Kafine's 3 non-overlapping birds.

I swear, every bird-owner who plays DF decided to donate to get their own particular flavor of small parrot in the game...  Well, I guess it'll make those people happy, so that's all well and good, but it seems a little odd that we have a world filled with more pet shop creatures than wild animals.  (And who, exactly, is going to be afraid of "Peach-faced Lovebirdman"?) I have no idea how many of these birds are different other than the markings, so I just started palette swapping a couple of them.

Swan, Wren, Osprey, Emu.
Lorikeet, Cockatiel, Peach-Faced Lovebird, Masked Lovebird.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: February 21, 2012, 08:50:59 am »

Excellent work on the mod. I am having issues with crashes though. First year goes by pretty smooth without any problems besides extremely low FPS, could just be my embark area though(more water and rain than I had in the embark from 34.01 which was near max FPS).

Early into the second year the game crashes just after the first migrant wave, usually before they can all show up. I try again and save the game when the migrants arrive. The wave completes this time but then crashes the next month. I then repeat saving and continuing throughout the migrant wave and am able to continue playing but after a few months it crashes again.

Is there any sort of crash log that I can check to find out what is causing the problems? In 34.01 I was able to play through 2 years straight without a crash but now it seems that I can only get through 6 months to a year before it crashes.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 329